Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

My bike bug thread.

My bike bug thread.

Ok, will really only have limited riding availability until I get completely registered and on the road, but this is going to be my thread where I post up my little problems and see if anyone can solve them, as I find them.

Bike is a 95 FZR600 with about 19,xxx miles on it. I dont know the service record for the bike.

First problem is that in 1st gear, holding the throttle steady at about 2-3k or lightly accelerating, the bike jerks. If accelerating, its like the bike is hiccuping and causing it to lose power and then immediately after start pulling again. If holding it steady, the bike just jerks. I cant think of a good way to describe it mechanically really. It doesnt seem like its bogging, but I guess you could put it that way. No idea on this, other than to get a tune-up.

Second issue is that when using the right turn signal, it will flash at normal speed for 4-5 seconds, and then start flashing really fast, like when a bulb goes out in your car. Possible the flasher relay is going bad? Thats probably an easy fix. Not a big deal, I'd rather just work the quirks out as they come up.

Any input is appreciated. I guess as I get the chance to go beyond 15mph in 1st gear, I'll probably find some more "quirks" and will add them as they come.

Oh yeah, and I've been riding around in 1st in the paved areas around the self-store place I have the bike, its in a fenced in area, and I didnt see someone come in, I came to the end of a row, and all of a sudden theres a box truck in front of me. LOL, I was only going 5mph, but I had the wheel turned a bit as I hit the brakes, and I dropped it. Scuffed up the already scuffed mirror, but nothing else. What a buffoon.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by JeffL; 07-04-05 at 07:36 PM.

My bike bug thread.

The first gear issue could be normal. Most bikes I've ridden are jerky in first gear. Hell, so are most of my cars. It's tough to modulate the throttle in any vehicle to keep from surging in first gear...

Have a seasoned rider take a spin on your bike...he/she should be able to say if it's a problem...

My bike bug thread.

Well, yeah, I was going to say it was kind of like rolling in 1st going like 1mph in a standard car, no matter how steady you kept the throttle, it would kind of "bounce". If its something not TOO out of the ordinary, I wont really worry about it, but I'm just imagining for the small amount of riding in traffic I might have to do, it would suck to be trying to roll in traffic and have the bike just about bucking me off (not really that severe, but you know.)

My bike bug thread.

I think your turn signal thing might be the wrong flasher unit for the bike rather than the correct one going bad,

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON