Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

BIKE CAMERA HELP>>

BIKE CAMERA HELP>>

So I got a stem mount and a Harddrive JVC camcorder for my birthday. The damn camera wont work on the bike. It goes into safe mode and shuts off because of engine vibration. I tried everything...it doesnt work. I can shake this camera as hard as I can, and it still records but it wont work on the bike... im REturning it and Need to know if anyone here can make suggestions about cameras that deal well with vibration inherent to a motor's rpms. THis JVC was close to 400 bucks and its shit on the bike. Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

BIKE CAMERA HELP>>

I use a sony camera and use electrical tie wraps on the front and back to secure the vibration. Seems to work good.

Bruce

BIKE CAMERA HELP>>

the mount I have from www.sportbikecam.com works real good.....

only the camera picks up resonance at 10k rpms and goes black/white...

http://www.sportbikecam.com/faq.shtml

these are some common FAQ's that may help

it is time to ride B!TCHEZ !

Thanks guys

I returned the JVC hard drive recorder and grabbed a slightly cheaper Sony Handycam miniDV. It works but when I nail the throttle the picture and sound fuzz out. Tommorrow im gonna try and mess with my mount and see if I can reduce whatever resonant vibration is disturbing the camera. Heres the sight and a pic. of the mount i got.http://www.radarbusters.com/products...t.asp?prodid=4
    I completely missed the fact that this mount turns with your forks since it sits in the hole of the triples. I was gonna get the gas tank mount and probably should have . I cant get a real feel for what the bike is doing when i review video with this mount. this whole endeavor is turning into a bunch of bad purchasing decisions.

BIKE CAMERA HELP>>

well at least you finally went miniDV. Its the way to go on a bike imo since it records to a tape. The dvd and the harddrive recorders will skip or shut off on a much more regualr basis then the miniDV.

I think the results you are looking for in rocrding will come from a tank mount or dumping more money into a lipstick type camera with the recorder mounted int eh truck if you have one.

James

BIKE CAMERA HELP>>

i made a mount for $3.50 at the hardware store. i attached my jvc-grd mini-dv camcorder and i havent had any problems. i tagged a hurricane in the ass at 50mph and it recorded everything. i think the strips of rubber i used were paramount.

some videos ive made using it are found here http://tinyurl.com/ymy4jp