Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Bike Delivery......Short story

Good Morning everyone,

I know all of you are still in bed so it’s a good time ta sneak in and write a little bout our adventure. It started out with me having a need to try some different roads to get down to Sean’s place. So here I was up on Saturday morning probing the darkest corners of cyber space and landed at Rand McNally’s web site. They operate something like MapQuest. I plug in my address for a starting location then I plug in the final destination. It came up with a set of directions. I take a look at em and says Hmmmmmmmmmmm that’s kinda different. I began verifying McNally’s suggested route with state and local maps I have. So I says yip looks fun to me. Rob showed up around 8:30 am. I already had both bikes out, warmed up and ready to ride. Just a note on Robs bike, I tried to start Robs bike Friday night and by the time I squeezed the last ampere out of the battery I figured out you gotta choke this old fashion bike (its an ‘01’) to start it when it’s cold. Dammmmmmmmmm. Anyway, I ripped out the battery and threw it on the charger for the night. Morning came and I reassembled everything, chocked the dam thing and it started without a hitch. (Freakin R1)Just kidding Rob J. Chill dude Chill.

Back to the story. Rob takes a few minutes ta gear up and I do the same. I started to have visions of icicles forming on the inside of my helmet………ya know like the ones that hang of your house. It was a balmy 29 degrees as we pulled out of the driveway. Got to the end of my street and headed up Luneberg road. By the time we got to route 13 (just a few miles frome my house) my nose began to run like someone with a bad allergy problem. Icicles forming, snot running, ignition on, engine running and, Major Tom is ready for this (Not Me not me though). We come up to route 2A in Fitchburg, Ma. and coasted through the light (Cuz there was a Leo in front of us) then I look in my left rear view mirror and notice an SUV coming up behind me rather aggressively. The road merges from two lanes to one just after the light and I was at that point. I look in my Right mirror and the freakin SUV is challenging Rob for the lane. WTF? The SUV tried ta run em off the road. Hmmmmmmmm. W proceed to the next light without incident. We come up to the next light and the road opens up to two lanes at a light. I was in back of a flat bed hauling a wrecked car. He stayed right, I went left. I look in my mirror expecting to see Rob and it’s the SUV. It was so close I thought my bike was getting it doggie style. Well, I get though that light and coming up onto the next light I started feeling rather festive. Ya know, feeling like ya do round thanksgiving. SO, I give him a bird. Man, I don’t understand people sometimes. They just can’t take something for nothing without bitchin. I kinda though this was coming. We stop at the light. I look over at the SUV and the rear electric window comes down. Some fat fuck and his bitch were in the SUV inviting me over to thank me. Hmmmmmmmm. I figured I’d pass on this one. The light turns green we take a left and he goes straight. Meanwhile I’m thinking there are two ways to get through the center of Fitchburg. One is to go right through it and the other is to go around the backside. They both come together at a rotary at a Cumberland Farm. I’m thinking bout this as I near the rotary. Is it possible for lightning to strike twice? I looked back as I proceed into the rotary at the alternate route for cars entering the rotary. WTF. It’s the SUV. The answer is yes it is possible for lightning to strike twice. I make it through the rotary before the SUV and roll on the gas. I looked back for Rob and the fucker tried ta do it again to Rob. I thought to myself these people are kinda ungrateful. After all, I did give em a bird. FUCKERS.

We sorta ignored em after that. They went there way and we went ours. Wooooch I’m glad that’s over with. Now to do some serious navigating and riding. Not before we stop and have a cup of hot Java though. I was so freakin cold. I needed the hot cup of coffee to warm up my hands. Coffee done and we’re off. We headed down South Street in Westminster, Ma. Took a right onto New Westminster Road. After dodging numerous pot holes and putting the bikes in four wheel drive (Two Wheels ‘n’ Two Feet) to get over the snow covered road, I started to have second thoughts about this root less than 100 Yards into it. GO FOR IT?………. We did. Came to an intersection on this back country (More like a single lane leading to the camp) which way to go? We went left. We encountered some pavement and lots of snow. We got to this long stretch of snow covered road. Cruseing over it thinking, this sucks. I have gone 14,500 miles on this thing without dropping it. I don’t wanna dump it delivering it to Sean the new owner. I get over the snow and look back for Rob. No Rob. I stood there for a few minutes. Finally I see his lights come up from behind the hill. I gave him the Wheelie Sign. Ya know the one little kids give ya when you go by em on the street right? Rob gets up to me and………….I guess I’m glad his face shield was down when he reached me. He was doin some awful cussin. His visor was all steamed up too. Maybe it wasn’t a good idea to give him the “Wheelie Sign”. If I wasn’t his senior he wooda kicked the crap outta me for choosing this route. After he Chilled a bit we move forward. We come up onto another patch of snow covered road. I’m on the wrong side of the road trying to stay in a slush covered tire track (the best line) and don’t ya know it a freaking car is coming. Here I am thinking everyone is rational and thoughtful so, I stay in the tire track on the wrong side of the road thinking the car would yield to let me through. Ummmmmmmmmmm……WRONG. I was forced over to my side of the road into the fluff. She didn’t even slow down. I thought women were suppose to like guyz on sport bikes. Bitch!

Got to another intersection. Which way to go. We’re lost. We’re rattled from what was in back of us. We flagged someone over for directions. Kewl, we’re off. Finally got to a main road. I pulled out the map to figure out where we were. The sign Said South St. We back tracked on this god forsaken road dumping us out north of where we had already gone. Time for plan “B”. Find a main road that will bring us to Enfield CT.

From this point on every thing went smooth aside from the salty snow melt spray pumped into the air buy cars going through it. By the time we got to Enfield my face shield looked like I was out doing some dirt riding. Plagued buy ungrateful people (SUV) and some questionable decisions, we finally got there. After some coffee and rest we went for a short ride. We started out with everone on their own bikes. Got to a big parking lot and passed the keys to the new owner. Sean took his new F4i for a couple of laps to feel the bike out. He road it home from there.

Thanks again Sean. When I finally get the CBR600RR we gotta do the vanilla bean run.

FireNutzRR

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Wayne-o; 03-16-03 at 05:55 AM.

A few Pics

Here's a few pics I took of the ride. The first two are at my house just before we left. The last two are pics of Sean on his new F4i.

FireNutzRR

Pic No. 2

Pic No. 3

Pic No. 4

That sound Nucking Futs!!
    How'd you get home??
    2 up??
    ( )

Chris J.
    "You're going the wrong way!!!"
    "How does he know where we're going?"
    03 Aprilia Tuono, 06 Yamaha R6, 16 Yamaha XSR900, 13 VW Touareg

No, Rob wus afraid I'd hold on to the wrong thing.

Sean slabbed me back in his SUV. Rob followed behind on the R1.

FireNutzRR

the SUV sean took ya back in didn't look familiar, did it?

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

Originally posted by twrayinma
    the SUV sean took ya back in didn't look familiar, did it?

nope thank god.

Lifer

For some reason I really thought that story was going to end badly. I was glad to get to the end and see that it didn't.

Happy riding,
    Ben

What was the buyers last name. I am from Enfield. I might know the guy.