Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Bike insurance

Bike insurance

Can u guys recommend a great bike insurance co? Preferably someone who had to file a claim and experienced a hassle free service.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Bike insurance

Progressive works fine for me, so far. Nationwide was good when I was in NH, but they don't do Mass.

For me, its my agent that makes it smooth and easy. The carrier I have is Safety, but the agent is the one I deal with directly. EA Stevens in Malden and Middleton. They do what I want, when I want it and competitive pricing too.

where are you located? i just switched to an agent on the south shore in braintree and they are great

I have State Farm for everything...and have for 40 years. Always treat me well....

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

durr shouldve included my location. i'm in MA. will not be using commerce anymore since they suck. had a bad experience with them with my car so i switched to amica. just bought a bike & needed to hear from you guys before i decide

I have progressive for car and bike...

I've had one claim for about 300 bucks when I hit a street sign with a car, they took care of everything, I literally did not have to think about it.

They are the cheapest for me.

I went to geico for one of my cars as it was a little cheaper at one point... Geico increased my rate by a few hundred dollars as soon as I signed up and paid for the BS reasons that something went wrong with the quote online and my age was not taken into effect. I went to switch back to progressive and this involved all kinds of crap, hold times, faxing etc.

Once back with progressive I was never on hold, Instead of faxing I can email PDFs, and I'm just happier. I'll probably never leave.

I made a claim on my V-strom with Progressive, before I even told them I had it, 3 days after I bought it, a ladder fell on it in my barn, crunched the tank, broke mirror, few other broken bits, $1500 damage, When I called and made the claim, I said Oh! btw, I haven't called you yet to take my SV off the insurance and put this bike on. Got my check 3 days later, was over 2 weeks before I got my premium bill

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

If you find that Dairyland Ins. is the cheapest and you pay for it for seven years they will love you.

If after seven years you make a claim they will bend you over and rape you with a flaming cactus dipped in napalm and aids.

Jake
    2006 ZX-10R
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Just did a free quote with progressive and it was like $523 or $95 for the basic. That's almost the same amount as my car insurance. Will look into the others mentioned

i have State Farm. had one accident, and although at first they wanted me to have the bike brought to a dealer, i convinced them to send an adjuster out to my house. i had printouts from yamaha's website for all the parts that needed replacing, as well as the aftermarket rearsets (which i highly recommend doing - it saved a lot of time and hassle), and the adjuster had a check for me within an hour. very painless and a good experience.

I currently have Progressive and have since jun09. Having wrecked a bike in 2008('01 ZRX1200R paying $310 or so a year for full coverage) I went to insure my replacement street bike, a '99 TL1000S, and found full coverage to be $396. a year. In 2010 it went down to $340 and in 2011 it went down again to $310. In Feb of this year they sent me a refund check for $32 saying my rate had dropped. WooHoo!!!!

It just keeps getting better, my renewal just arrived today and full coverage for the next year(if I pay in full, no installments) is $196. goddamned dollars!!!

This is a good thing! All of my other insurances go up a bit every year. Definitely give Progressive a chance.

Jake
    2006 ZX-10R
    1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    I have State Farm for everything...and have for 40 years. Always treat me well....
    I'm not terribly happy with my current rates, but they were great with the 2 claims I have had to make. Hassle free repair when I hit a raccoon with my car and took out my radiator and front bumper, and another where I totaled my SV. They paid me more than I paid for it, and I had the bike for 3 years.

'06 Triumph Sprint ST ABS
    '90 Yamaha XT350

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Snake View Post
    I currently have Progressive and have since jun09. Having wrecked a bike in 2008('01 ZRX1200R paying $310 or so a year for full coverage) I went to insure my replacement street bike, a '99 TL1000S, and found full coverage to be $396. a year. In 2010 it went down to $340 and in 2011 it went down again to $310. In Feb of this year they sent me a refund check for $32 saying my rate had dropped. WooHoo!!!!

It just keeps getting better, my renewal just arrived today and full coverage for the next year(if I pay in full, no installments) is $196. goddamned dollars!!!

This is a good thing! All of my other insurances go up a bit every year. Definitely give Progressive a chance.
    wow this is awesome. i was quoted too high to begin with by them so i went with amica. have my auto & house with them so it wasnt bad at all. $460 for full coverage for the year but might drop it to the basic depending on how much street i ride