Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My bike is Sold

Talking My bike is Sold

02 Suzuki Savage LS650 is sold . . . let it go for a pretty low price , but now its sport bike TIME !!!!

So what you guys think about the GSXR 750 ?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

aka Johnny Valve Stem need4speed's Avatar

My bike is Sold

Why not look at the Sv650.

John
    LRRS\CCS #714
    2004 Duc 620 monster racebike
    89 EX500 racebike - sold
    98 Superhawk 996

"To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge it, requires brains".

My bike is Sold

an SV650 is a very nice bike but going from a savage to a sportbike is going to be quite a jump anyway i recomend one of those honda 600RRs (only because i want one myself though) hehe

tiller

LRRS# 415

www.onedownfiveup.com

My bike is Sold

I guess i'd reccomend the F4i.

ZX-6R if ya want a little more usability, R6 if ya don't.

The 600SS are damn fast. The power is just higher up but thats half the fun.

"You never see a motorcycle parked outside of a psychiatrists office"

Re: My bike is Sold

Originally posted by needabike

So what you guys think about the GSXR 750 ?
    I think that it is the finest motorcycle in all the land, especailly the Red/Black/ SIlver version offered in 2001. I recomend whole-heartedly that you go out and seek a well cared for, mechnically pristine, reasonably priced example of just such a beast and purchase it by this week end. Unless of course you just stepped off of a (lisp)Suzuki Savage (/lisp), inwhich case I would recomend an SV650, CBR 600f (non-i), Katana 600, ZX-6R or YZF 600r (not R-6). Of all the all thes though, I'd get the Kat if I were you. They are sturdy, indesructable, fast as you want them to be, but mostly ONLY when you want them to be. They are cheep. Replacement parts are cheep. Hop-up parts are cheep. Most importantly though, girls can't tell the differance between your "beginner" sport bike and you buddie's zrrxfz-Y 1200, but your orthapedic surgeon just might. I like the SV myself, but that generaly doesn't look the sportbike part for you young fellers. It's about 50/50 what I'm going to get for myself IF I EVER UNLOAD MY FRIGGIN GSXR! Oh, sorry, that last bit was out loud, huh? If you are interested I got a buddy selling a 2000 ( I think) blue Kat for $3000. It went 0 for 1 vs. a snowblower in his driveway last winter and needs a new tank, but is otherwise OK.

'05 DL1000k / '02 DR650se
    04 FXDXi (RIP)
    '04 SV650s(gone)
    '99 ZX-9r (squirl's new ride: RIP)
    2k1 GSXR750(stolen-RIP)
    2k3 KLX400sr(gone)

My bike is Sold

I think I'm think I'm going to end up with either a CBR F4i or SV650S.

Thanks for the help guys

Also ken , I sat on a katana before , and I don't really like the position. Feels weird , it's at a really odd angle since I'm only 5"6. Thanks for the offer though.

Also how come no one ever recommends the GSXR 600 ?

Everybody to the limit!

My bike is Sold

Nate, check out the ZX6E, now known as the ZZR-600. It's one of the most highly recommended 600s for the inseam challenged, nice low seat and reasonably short tank reach. Dunno what my 6'1" frame is doing on one, hey it was a good deal

My bike is Sold

fuggit, then.

it's because we hate you, and want desperately for you to be unhappy the rest of your goddamn life because you bought the wrong bike when you were 16, and coulda had a gixxer.

Last edited by twrayinma; 05-15-03 at 02:22 PM.
    The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.

Lifer

My bike is Sold

Originally posted by twrayinma
    maybe this has something to do with it.
    That was a nice write-up but every 16 year old kid who wanted one is going to read that and go, "Wow, the GSXCBYZFZX-whateva is DEFINITELY the bike for me now that I read that!"

Lots of beginning riders really have it in their head that they are special and can handle it. I had it too... the SV was definitely retarded for me to start on, I should have gotten a 250 or something for at least a couple months to start out. A 600 would have been even worse. Although maybe 2-3 months later the SV was fine. I got the bike in June and I was doing just fine in September.

My roommate and I share a garage with a guy who has an R1. From what I can tell his first bike was a 996. He said it sucked and wasn't fast enough. He totaled it and then got the R1. And he still doesn't even have a jacket, he rides in jeans + sweatshirt, because he "knows how to fall without getting hurt." Nothing you say to a guy like that is going to make him wise up. (Not to mention the $1500 chrome rims when the bike is still on a loan and he's complaining about massive college loans that need to be paid off)

Ben

My bike is Sold

Just to let you guys know , I an't that new of a rider , lol , I handle'ed my friend's R6 around a closed street pretty well at around 60 mph.

My bike is Sold

do you have any experience pre-single cylinder?

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

My bike is Sold

nope , except on a scooter for like a week in California , lol.

There was a kid at my school that started on a GSXR 600 as their first bike and hes still riding right now. From what I've heard he's even raced it against some kid's accord at my school , lol. Kids have a lot more control than you guys think .

Lifer

My bike is Sold

Just to let you guys know , I an't that new of a rider , lol , I handle'ed my friend's R6 around a closed street pretty well at around 60 mph.
    I'm sure youre fine, you've had that cruiser quite a while right?

Just keep in mind that the R6, or even the SV, will be way faster, and probably annoying to ride at low speed compared to the cruiser.

Ben

My bike is Sold

Originally posted by JCzx12
    that is the funniest shit I've read all week!

The fact that he even bothered to race an accord leads me to believe that he doesn't has as much control as you're making it sound.

true true , lol , but it's all fun

My bike is Sold

you will probably want to be real careful. i dont know for sure what you really can and cant handle. but i know that if i started riding anything like a sportbike on the street before i was 20 something i would probably not be here today. i was too into impressing anyone and had this habit of putting myself into crazy, dangerous situations. luckily i calmed down, cause i prolly would have made a poor decision about something i was trying to do to impress a girl and not been able to keep control of the bike regardless of how well i could handle it when racing an import.
    I almost killed myself numerous times just on my moped in the backyard before i even got a license. the wheels didn't fall off that thing from not trying to jump it in the back yard.

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Everybody to the limit!

My bike is Sold

All you haters are more than welcome to come get dusted by my Accord any day. That shit is trick, yo. 94 DX, less restrictive (aka rusted out) pipes, aerodynamicly shaped (where the deer hit it) side panels, oh yeah. T U R B O. And I got no less than 800 cc's on all y'all, there's no replacement for displacement baby!

My bike is Sold

Originally posted by oreo_n2
    you will probably want to be real careful. i dont know for sure what you really can and cant handle. but i know that if i started riding anything like a sportbike on the street before i was 20 something i would probably not be here today. i was too into impressing anyone and had this habit of putting myself into crazy, dangerous situations. luckily i calmed down, cause i prolly would have made a poor decision about something i was trying to do to impress a girl and not been able to keep control of the bike regardless of how well i could handle it when racing an import.
    I almost killed myself numerous times just on my moped in the backyard before i even got a license. the wheels didn't fall off that thing from not trying to jump it in the back yard.

Yep , I'll try to be as careful as I can , I have the same problem too sometimes where I try to impress my friends. I've had some extremely eff'd up situations too. I'll try to do the stupid stuff in closed parking lots with all my gear on , if I do decide to do anything stupid , lol.

Lifer

My bike is Sold

Yep , I'll try to be as careful as I can , I have the same problem too sometimes where I try to impress my friends. I've had some extremely eff'd up situations too. I'll try to do the stupid stuff in closed parking lots with all my gear on , if I do decide to do anything stupid , lol.
    Dude... stay away from the parking lots.

Why? Cause that's where other teenagers will probably be there egging you on.

Go out in the middle of fucking nowhere away from your hometown where there is no one around to feed your ego and be impressed when you do something stupid.

Man I came so close to posting a "Why you hating on Accords" joke. Good thinking.

Ben

My bike is Sold

Originally posted by Honclfibr
    All you haters are more than welcome to come get dusted by my Accord any day. That shit is trick, yo. 94 DX, less restrictive (aka rusted out) pipes, aerodynamicly shaped (where the deer hit it) side panels, oh yeah. T U R B O. And I got no less than 800 cc's on all y'all, there's no replacement for displacement baby!
    You should add a tube of Huspowaź, you'll geta "tight" blue circle sticker too!

'05 DL1000k / '02 DR650se
    04 FXDXi (RIP)
    '04 SV650s(gone)
    '99 ZX-9r (squirl's new ride: RIP)
    2k1 GSXR750(stolen-RIP)
    2k3 KLX400sr(gone)

My bike is Sold

Originally posted by Honclfibr
    i got your 2 liters right here bizzatch

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

I Dance With Will

My bike is Sold

nate, want this for $5k? crash on right side but will be as good as new.

or anyone?

"fuckit!"

My bike is Sold

Originally posted by JCzx12
    Nate, I just want to point out (just in case) that nobody's ripping on you or saying you can't handle a certain bike...it's just that most of us have been in the position of getting a new bike and suddenly having more power than we were prepared to handle responsibly.

I for one am full-on guilty there. My first bike was a '96 CBR 1000F. Although not a very good handling machine it was FAST and I rode like a total asshole, with little or no gear usually. I had the riding skills but not the maturity to know when/when not to be an idiot. I am VERY lucky I didn't fuck myself up back then.

It's cool , I gotta admit tho , When I was on the R6 , I couldn't back up the bike really good because my legs were too short and I was on my tip toes .

Re: Re: My bike is Sold

Originally posted by Ken
    . Most importantly though, girls can't tell the differance between your "beginner" sport bike and you buddie's zrrxfz-Y 1200, but your orthapedic surgeon just might.
    YOUR SOOOOOOOO WRONG!!!!!

ninjachic, jcsgirlie u with me on this one????

these boyz give us no credit!

"Here's to alcohol: the source of, and answer to, all of life's problems." -Homer Simpson

My bike is Sold

dude, get the SV. It's an *awesome* bike to step up to the sports world. ACtually, get the SVS 'cause the riding position is that bit more aggressive and the wind won't suck on the highway quite so much.

'01 Red SV650S

My bike is Sold

Uh-oh Ken, now you pissed off 03F4ichick!

Man, I would HATE to have three chicks on sportbikes being all mad at something I said. Especially if I met them in a dark ally and they got all rough with me....

Wait just a second....isn't that what most of us guys dream about?!

Dood, go for the SV. Great bike, and there is no plastic covering it all up. The S model might be more what you want. If you get a chance to, try one out first to see if you like it. I'm betting you will!

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast