Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Degs is suspension king!

....................... PinHead's Avatar

Degs is suspension king!

The fucking guy dicked with my suspension for a bit at the track on Sat. and now I have a new bike! The improvement my bike had on the road was incredible, it was set up totally wrong for me from the factory. You are the nuggets Degs!
    Man they should set this shit up for you at the dealer when you buy the fucking thing new.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

Degs is suspension king!

Yeah, they should. Unfortunitely, most m/c mechanics at dealerships are hacks and wouldn't know what the hell to do anyway...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

Banned

Degs is suspension king!

If anyone wants me to do some minimum setup for them, swing by the track one race weekend and I can help you out. I can get you ballpark, but you will have to fine tune for yourself.

Degsy

Banned

Degs is suspension king!

Err, I'm not sure on that one. Dual purpose bikes are voodoo to me.

You know more than I do anyway Mick.

degs

Degs is suspension king!

" Dual purpose bikes are voodoo to me."

I'm lookin for a little suspension advice, the Success Pond Road ride I did a few weeks ago did in my forks, Sv forks are known to be a bit lacking, but I have been satisfied until, the forks really do act more like a pogo stick now than a set of forks, but with 63,000+ miles with my weight, that's not at all surprising.

from what I understand, I only have a couple options short of a major project retrofitting forks from something else on the SV.

Option 1. rebuild forks with racetech single rate springs, (1.05-1.10 for my weight) gold valves, & add preload adjusters from 02 SV

Option 2. rebuild forks with progressive rate springs, (gold valves don't work with progressive springs) use heavier fork oil, add 02 preload adjusters.

As you know, I am not a track day type rider, I ride a lot of rough & gravel roads , I am leaning towards option # 2, thinking that although, not as good for sport riding, with option 1, the ride would get pretty rough for me.

Thoughts?

Banned

Degs is suspension king!

Option 2. You are wasting your money on gold valves for the riding you do. Heavier oil and fresh springs will set you up good. No need for preload adjusters, just use washers (or quarters) to shim in as much as you want.

degs