Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Bike ticket hearing today

Thumbs down Bike ticket hearing today

Well I went and fought a ticket I recieved last September and didn't get too far, but it is reduced to $100. Should have been a $250 ticket to begin with, the cop was nice seeing I had a good driving record and wrote it up for $150.

I Thought I had a case, but the Magistrate thought defferently.

& Just so everyone knows there is no Law/ Rule/ or regulation for a cop to wait for you to safely return into traffic after they pull your law breakin ass over. Some do it out of kindness and they are looking out for your safety.... The cop that pulled me over left me imediately after issuing me my ticket. It was 9 PM (Pitch Black)on the side of route 2 with no lights no helmet on to fight my way back into traffic on my own. What a dirtbag... The magistrate did not like this very much, but it was stated it is not policy, but she felt bad and reduced the ticket to the minimum...

Now do I even bother fighting for the other one next week or appreciate the break I got in the first place? I was radared @ 80 in a 30, the cop once again gave me a break for a good record and wrote it up for 40 in a 30. Well when i returned back down the road the same way later, I realized I never saw a speed limit sign, so I looked and found one covered up by tree limbs. So I took a picture for proof, but I was still way over way any speed limit would have been.. I did look up the law regarding roads without speed limit signs, it says the this particular road being commercial/residential, but not thickly settled is a 40 mph zone. This being the speed I was written up for.. But in the notes section of the ticket the cop put 79 and circled it?? I would guess that is for the accual speed recorded..

Should I just pay the piper / face the music ? I dont really feel like ussing more vacation time to fight something I feel I may loose and waste valuable time...

Mike

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Littering and........

As much as I hate hearing about folks giving THE MAN money, I think you go plenty of breaks so far, you might want to cut your losses.

Good luck

Originally posted by Mr. E. Squid
    At the very least, you stand 2 chances of "winning" as opposed to "no chance" and taking the hit.

Personally, I'd fight it, but it's really a personal judgment call... 40 in a 30 is "easier" to get out of, but since he circled 79, he wants to make it known that he gave you a break. IMO, it's always worth agruing when you factor in the total increase of your insurance.
    Oh crap!!!......I agree with him

MSF RiderCoach
    MSF Dirt Bike School Coach

Quote Originally Posted by 5TOEZ View Post
    #5 Hangout w/Jaynnus................
    she rides like the wind
    & smells good too.
    PKism: you don't count, you're just a guy with indoor plumbing

Plus one more ticket equals license loss. I would fight it and try to get back down to 1 instead of 2 to give you that buffer.

Bruce

I am not worried about the 3 tickets in a year thing. The first ticket was from Sept in 2003, the other in Bellingham was just about a month ago, and dec is closing in for years end, I just have to be a good boy for a while!

I think I may just eat it. Still pondering as I always do...

www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

guy on the vintage Yamaha Rice-rocket1's Avatar

Originally posted by Half Squid
    I am not worried about the 3 tickets in a year thing. The first ticket was from Sept in 2003, the other in Bellingham was just about a month ago, and dec is closing in for years end, I just have to be a good boy for a while!

I think I may just eat it. Still pondering as I always do...
    If I remember correctly it is one calendar year from time of issue. So if you got at ticket in Sept 03 and no more until Oct 04 you only have one on the one year time frame. The one from Oct 04. But the big thing to remember if you get any written warnings in that one year time frame they count to the loss of license. 3 ticket, warnings or combination of the two.

jim

My ride's

95 FZR 1000
    19xx DOUBLE "D"
    (sold) 02 CBR600 F4i (track bike)
    06 Chevy Supercharged Cobalt SS

The "CLERK"

Man mine had her panties bunched up.
    She couldn't believe I'd admit to having an expired inspection sticker.

Clerk's go for the conviction. reduced fine gets you something and them all they want.

It does IRK me to have to pay $20 to appeal. Does the Commonwealth pay to appeal a hearing finding of responsible?

So I showed up and let them blast me. Even if I win the police can appeal when I win............not so in the judges chambers.............

Now my COURT date is the 13th of Dec and I'm ready..........

They think lasers so infallible.................JOKE.

-Suf Daddy

Suf Daddy.

Re: Bike ticket hearing today

Whoa whoa whoa whoa..................

Where was this?

RADAR?
    Appeal. Send in this letter I'm doing in the next day or so as a subpoena.....Radar huh?

If its NOT certified within the past year...its out the window.
    Post a copy of the ticket if you haven't done so already...........

Its NOT just a perponderance of the evidence which courts use for a speeding ticket.
    That officer, radar unit has to be certified. Send me an e-mail addy too.
    -Suf Daddy

Originally posted by Half Squid

I Thought I had a case, but the Magistrate thought defferently.

Now do I even bother fighting for the other one next week or appreciate the break I got in the first place? I was radared @ 80 in a 30, the cop once again gave me a break for a good record and wrote it up for 40 in a 30. Well when i returned back down the road the same way later, I realized I never saw a speed limit sign, so I looked and found one covered up by tree limbs. So I took a picture for proof, but I was still way over way any speed limit would have been.. I did look up the law regarding roads without speed limit signs, it says the this particular road being commercial/residential, but not thickly settled is a 40 mph zone. This being the speed I was written up for.. But in the notes section of the ticket the cop put 79 and circled it?? I would guess that is for the accual speed recorded..

Should I just pay the piper / face the music ? I dont really feel like ussing more vacation time to fight something I feel I may loose and waste valuable time...

Mike

Suf Daddy.

Suf I am fighting the second ticket today in Milford court after all..

I took a good look at the ticket and think with the ticket itself and my pictures of the hidden speed limit sign I may be able to beat this one..
    & the Officer put 59 in the notes block and circled it. BUT did not correctly check off whether she clocked or radared me at 59.. The check mark is in between as if she missed the box. So who is too be sure what exactly occured in the situation??? So I think this is worth my chances in court... We shall see..... If not I will appeal...

At least I will only have to work a half day today and enjoy the nice weather after court!

www.tailofthedragon.com

Allways Fight
    Allways Fight
    Allways Fight

In New york I was F'd up because it was not tickets but convictions in a certain time so I thought I was cool but was not.

If you have a conscious deal, ask the LEO what his/her favorite charity is and give them the $100.

The traffic laws are made to give almost any officer at anytime probable cause to pull you over. Then at a minimum they contribute to revenue enhancement but unfortunately they have to play the game of calling your "safety" into question.

This is for a reduced speed limit from when Model T's plowed the highways

Glen Beck is John the Baptist

I Dance With Will

can anyone explain how the points and license class work? you ahve class M and class C. when you get a ticket on the bike the point also effects your class C license? what about your class A or B license? i dont get it.

"fuckit!"

Originally posted by Kham
    can anyone explain how the points and license class work? you ahve class M and class C. when you get a ticket on the bike the point also effects your class C license? what about your class A or B license? i dont get it.

You only have ONE drivers license with multiple endorsements. Class M, Class D, etc....The points affect everything. So if you get to many tickets on the bike and/or car you will lose you license to drive either. It is not like you can get three tickets a year on the bike and get another three in the car.

Nathan

What a waste of 1/2 a vacation day.. My scheduled hearing time was 11 AM The issued paper work said be on time because hearings begin proptly at scheduled time. I sat there till 11:30 then decided to ask about the magestrates hearings. The office said they were running late, but sit tight and they would be calling me soon. Well I ended up there till 1PM, and once again spoke to someone. Well I was told the mornings hearings were completed.. Just so happens the magistrate was right there and asked for my name, he said he did call for me several times. I questioned him politely on it, I told him I was sitting exactly were I was instructed to and never heard my name called or even saw him out were I was to call anyone. Then he says, Oh well, I didn't accually call you by name I called for the 11 AM hearings.. Well I never heard it and told him. He commented that he repeated it several times but admitted he is not a yeller and there was a lot of commotion in the hall due to a busy juvenille court day, and will resubmit my hearing for the next time that town is seen in the court... What a fucking crock of shit..... I'm pissed.

At least one good thing came of it, I got out of work for the day at ten, and got my inspection sticker for the Bimmer!

www.tailofthedragon.com

if its marked estimate and radar on your ticket, then it doesnt matter if the radar is certified or not A person can be cited and fined on estimtes alone. I think you should appeal the ticket, but bear in mind the more you get seen in court for the same thing, the less chance you will have at getting a break.

1/2 a avacation day for the 1/2 squid

CLASSIC.............

The Commonwealth police script is the officer visually observes you at a high rate of speed.

Then they activate their unit to produce a reading.

The unit reading is to verify their visual "estimate" or observation.

The script is written for a reason.................................
    oh...........and don't forget they need a TRACKING HISTORY from the unit too.......

FWIW: Last Monday night I ran K band all the way to the Cape and received ALL kinds of erroneous readings.
    Once again the defroster was an issue 32 MPH constantly....
    which screws up the unit in moving mode to determine the "patrol" speed.

-Suf Daddy

Suf Daddy.