Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bike week douche bags

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

Re: Bike week douche bags

Quote Originally Posted by LiterR1 View Post
    on a side note Stay away From the Kancamangus highway it Sucks Big Time and it is construction season.
    The Kanc is a heavily traveled road with areas known for bad traffic at both ends. There are far better motorcycle roads in NH and I have no idea why that one is such a draw. Even the "scenic views" are nothing special on it. 26 is a better east/west route, IMO and the roads to and from it are sublime.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by stoinkythepig; 06-23-14 at 04:58 PM.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (GS3)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco61
    Quote Originally Posted by SVRACER01 View Post
    Wirelessly posted (GS3)

FYI true duals really only add performance at WOT.
    That's what the service guy told me too. A crossover pipe on the headers is a much better street application as it increases torque versus true duals. I had them install the SS headers with monster rounds. Sounds very low and basey but not loud.
    I have no idea if the above is true but it runs fine and sounds good.
    2> 1 is your best option and will improve torque. Problem is that bagger guys like 2 pipes. Guys that want performance will give up looks
    2> 1> 2 (like OEM) is your next best option.

Cylinders feed off of each other. When connected, they help with scavenging and flow.in a way it makes the pipes "equal length". You dont get equal length headers with true duals. Thats why every stock system on any ICE at some point, in some way, go down to 1 pipe.

The older HDs that had the Y pipe tended to perform better with true duals. The cracked Y pipe is usually a result of another failure. Usually the motor mount. A failed motor mount allows the engine to move around more than designed and since the exhaust isnt really rubber mounted under the bags, the Y pipe becomes the twisting point.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Thanks, good to know; I will check my motor mounts...

Quote Originally Posted by G21forme View Post
    And how much would it cost NH residents in taxes if bike week didn't exist?
    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    Spoken like a true out of stater. Always wanting to raise our taxes before actually doing something to solve a problem. GTFO!

//Surprisingly I can't find any information on how much the state makes. Surprisingly I can't find out how much towns make. Can you? I asked you once and I will again, how much do we make during bike week and how much does a NH resident save on taxes from bike week. ? k
    OK, you are butt Hurt about Bike Week. Got it.

I quoted the state tourist bureau data previously, with a link. They detail the economic impact of the event relative to their marketing spending to promote it. There are numerous other reports about how area merchants benefit.

Did you look at any of it? Seems to me you are bring deliberately obtuse. You cannot have an economic discussion without sung,economic data.

Why are you so butt hurt I don't like douche bags? Never said they were all assholes I believe, and honestly I can't find the numbers I'm looking for. How much does the state take in after the added burden like troopers? 100 million for the week out of 4.1 billion for the year, so it's a week out of the year 1/52 and 1/41 tourism. Is that all that impressive considering the expense and hassle. Laconia gets about 50,000 and put it in a fund for next bike week, pretty pathetic if you think about it. Thier budget is 22 million so woopedefuckingdo.How are surrounding towns benefiting from bike week that gain shit but have to increase police/fire? If you own a business in laconia I'm sure you love it but your employees don't. I could go on and on my point is that as "weeks" go, bike week attracts a lot of ignorant disrespectful assholes and I don't enjoy thier company. In the end what does the NH population get out of it is the big question...

Lifer

Do you think that after however many years of this, the town would still welcome the event if it was costing them money overall?

You could argue motorcycles are a greater burden to the healthcare system, auto insurance, and the EMT's who tend to your broken body. Maybe we should ban motorcycles because it costs all those non-riders money and reduces services to them. Where do you draw the line? As someone else pointed out earlier, same thing with a race track. When news crews interview people about the latest speeding-whatevers, everyone says "take it to the track"... but not in their back yard. Too loud, and might keep EMT's busy, preventing them from saving grandma and the children.

If the event helps keep the lakes region on the map as a tourism destination, and encourages people to come back at other points in the year, or buy property (therefore increasing property value through increased demand), there's a benefit you can't put numbers on.

nedirtriders.com

I don't know what half of what you just said means (eta not being a dick I'm just not seeing the connection) so I'll address what I do. Ya really think the lakes region needs bike week to stay on the map, that's crazy. Pretty sure the people buying property in laconia because of bike week aren't helping property values. Clearly you don't know laconia because it's a shit hole that has a math lab busted every other week. The last thing the lakes region is hurting on is property taxes, again it sounds like you aren't familiar with the area. No offense of course just that point doesn't seem to make any sense that's all. The argument that if you don't like it move is just ignorant, I live a half hour away for crying out loud, that should be far enough.

Last edited by G21forme; 06-24-14 at 04:46 PM.

Bike week douche bags-mathlab_wlex-jpg

-Alex
    I can resist everything but Pete's mom.

I live 2.5 hrs away and I have an asshole biker on my street too.
    (It's not me)

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

I don't live on your street!

You also don't own a red chopper with straight pipes, that likes to wind it up coming and going to the corner of our street.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Lifer

I don't know what half of what you just said means (eta not being a dick I'm just not seeing the connection)
    The connection is that you're so wound up in "I hate these douchbags" to realize that they have the right be douchebags. And you're exercising that same right by riding a motorcycle yourself, something many people would happily see disappear. To the general population, your loud crotch rocket zipping in and out of traffic makes you a douchebag they'd like to see gone. I don't care how quiet yours is, or how carefully you ride it. We're all the same to many non-riders. You seem to want them to go away. Where should they go? Anywhere but here, just not in your backyard?

I wouldn't be excited about it either. But its a week. Puts money in the local business's pockets, and rent money. As for the math labs, the math problem is a country-wide epidemic.

nedirtriders.com

Uhm I don't own a loud crotch rocket and I don't Zipp, it's low class. Reading is awesome, please read my comments I don't like the assholes not everyone on 2 wheels is an asshole NEVER did I say that. And uh they can stay the fuck home, it's not like they are a bunch of cubans on a fucking raft lol seeking asylum. The "deal with it it's only a week and a few people profit from it" argument is bullshit. I'm going to put my tinfoil hat on in a minute

Last edited by G21forme; 06-24-14 at 05:29 PM.

Lifer

You're completely missing my point. So I'm gonna simplify:

Live free or die, just live it my way.

nedirtriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by aldend123 View Post
    You're completely missing my point. So I'm gonna simplify:

Live free or die, just live it my way.
    I most certainly am not, are you free to tell a 12 year old girl exactly how you would like to rape her? Are you free to then rape her? Are you free to kick mirrors off a car for driving on a public road? Are you free to smash a phone or camera because someone took a picture of your bike? Are you free to harm others? You have no idea Wtf you are talking about and are strictly getting offended because it's bike week. Do you have a girlfriend or daughter? How would you feel if one week out of the year you literally had to keep them inside, granted I could take over countries with what's in my trunk but should I have to? You are far beyond your reach with this discussion so just stop.

granted I could take over countries with what's in my trunk but should I have to? You are far beyond your reach with this discussion so just stop.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who just laughed their ass off over that. Those two sentences in a row....priceless

Bike week douche bags-uploadfromtaptalk1403654357179-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousR1 View Post
    Please tell me I'm not the only one who just laughed their ass off over that. Those two sentences in a row....priceless
    You've never seen his trunk

I didn't realize NH had so many math labs. I'm looking for one to send my kid to this summer. I'd like to help him get this years B- to an A.

Shit Corey says:
    Quote Originally Posted by hondarider102 View Post
    I think that a smooth motor would help me be a bit smoother

Bikeless in Blackstone The Snowman's Avatar

Why not shoot them with one of your 500 guns?

CCS/LRRS Expert#39, retired | Tony's Track Days, Instructor #11, retired
    |

I'm taking the over that this thread stays alive until bike week next year. Winning the internet takes a while.

Greg, I admire your conviction. When you get ahold of something, no matter how absurd, you're all in.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet

Lifer

HIde your kids, hide your wives? The women I know aren't excited to walk a campus or a city at night alone either. Year-round. But apparently this whole time I was unaware I was advocating for the freedom to rape people.

There's an unusal lack of replies in this thread. Is this one of those "dont bother" situations?

nedirtriders.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    You also don't own a red chopper with straight pipes, that likes to wind it up coming and going to the corner of our street.
    My sure-fire cure is to flag those guys down and ask "Could you take it easy? This is nap time and you wake up the baby."

It works every time. They never require "Proof of baby."

G21Forme, you live in a state that very proudly has no broad-based taxes and where tourism is the 2nd largest industry (first by some measures). You have every right to object to the endless parade of 200+ lb tattooed motorcycle mammas. But to argue that there isn't a net positive economic benefit doesn't fly. The state says each visitor spends $400 - it isn't all in Laconia.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast