Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

View Poll Results: Which bike would you ride if given the chance?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Honda CBR1000RR

9 23.68%
  • Honda RC 51

5 13.16%
  • Ducati S4R

4 10.53%
  • Aprilia RSV 1000R

16 42.11%
  • MV Agusta Brutale S

4 10.53%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What do you think of these bikes

Question What do you think of these bikes

So I'm still trying to figure out what to buy for my next bike. I have it narrowed down to a few bikes, but I love them all. So I thought I might post this to get other people's opinions on them, so here they are in no particular order:
    Honda CBR1000RR:

Honda R C51:

Ducati Monster S4R:

Aprilia RSV1000R:

and last but not least, MV Agusta Brutale S:

I understand that they are all completely different bikes, and I have already done my homework on each bike. I am just looking for other opinions on these bikes to possibly sway my decision, or at least just to see them in other people's eyes. Thanks for any comments/responses.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Ducrappy; 06-06-04 at 08:03 PM.

I'm working on getting the images hosted elsewhere so that they might actually work.

Alright. all photos are now up. post and vote away. thanks again for your input

Someone shit on the coats PatSV650's Avatar

Well, here's my 2 or 3 cents....
    My SV is my first bike, so, I might not be much help but here goes..

My own preference for "naked" bikes would draw me to the MV and the Monster. (BTW, can't wait to see a Benelli TNT1130 up close when they start showing up in U.S.)

After seeing the benefits of a v-twin first hand (low end torque which seems to be good for me and my riding style... twisty country backroads with little or no need of shifting and not much highway) I geuss that would leave me with the Duck.

Geuss ya just need to consider riding position (more upright on MV and Monster) and IL or V-Twin, if price is not a concern. I believe the Brutale is the most expensive one here at @ $15,000?

ibanezfourstring from that other
    site
    my blog

'79 CB750 K (crash victim)
    '82 CB750 F Supersport (project: done! )
    "What is it about driving cars that makes you all such assh*les?!"

"I could have said "YOU'RE ABOUT TO BE STRUCK BY A VEHICLE!! " but instead, it came out more like a concerned moan " Dane Cook

The Brutale is actually the same price as the RSV. $13995 msrp

Brutale Brutale Brutale... It is just hot! I'm a naked type rider also, the more machanics I can see the more sexy it is I don't know what the numbers look like, but it is my choice

I'd go with the CBR 'cause I already got an MS4.

If I were without a bike I'd prolly get the MS4R, although I'd give the Brutale a strong look.

I only have enough time for one streetbike so I like the broad range of abilities the S4 has (not best in anything, but great in everything).

Good luck!

....................... PinHead's Avatar

That Brutale looks so fucking awesome!

2018 Harley Road Glide
    2000 Ducati 900ss
    2003 Harley Softail Deuce

Someone shit on the coats PatSV650's Avatar

If you like the Brutale, you'd LOVE the Benelli.... seen it yet? It's in July CW.

ibanezfourstring from that other
    site
    my blog

'79 CB750 K (crash victim)
    '82 CB750 F Supersport (project: done! )
    "What is it about driving cars that makes you all such assh*les?!"

"I could have said "YOU'RE ABOUT TO BE STRUCK BY A VEHICLE!! " but instead, it came out more like a concerned moan " Dane Cook

First pick would be the 1000rr. Second would be the RC51.

Brutale.
    If you like having the only one in the parking lot, Brutale.

Chris J.
    "You're going the wrong way!!!"
    "How does he know where we're going?"
    03 Aprilia Tuono, 06 Yamaha R6, 16 Yamaha XSR900, 13 VW Touareg

Personally I'd be partial to something w/ a fairing, getting tossed around in the wind doesn't appeal to me.

The 1000RR makes simmilar Tq figures to the Vtwins, its just the 'delivery' thats different. For me, based on cost I'd say 1000RR/RC51.

I've also read something about Aprilia being in financial trouble? May want to look into that.

That Brutale is sweet lookin though You've got one hell of a decision.

Originally posted by slingblade
    That Brutale is sweet lookin though You've got one hell of a decision.
    Tell me about it. When it comes down to a final decision, I can only hope that a few of the bikes on my list are out of stock (it's beginning to look this way for the Aprilia and the MV, or at least this is the case at the local dealers I've checked).

I'm also aware of Aprilia's financial troubles and have taken that into consideration. Thanks for looking out for me though. Keep the votes coming.

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

tough decisions there but I guess it would help to narrow it down a bit if we knew what you were looking for..... got 2 nekkids and 3 sport....

Bras cause cancer.

Originally posted by Nikon
    tough decisions there but I guess it would help to narrow it down a bit if we knew what you were looking for..... got 2 nekkids and 3 sport....
    I like them all, which is why they are all on the list. I could knock a few off of the list that I feel I probably won't buy, but where's the fun in that? I am certainly partial to a small few on this list, but instead of limiting my list to these, I decided to keep the unlikely bikes just to hear what you have to say about them. I'm just looking for your opinions on which bike on this list turns your crank the most. As far as the point about the naked vs sport, I could go either way. I've only ridden sport, but am quite interested in the added comfort as well as the streetable power of the naked bikes which are tuned more for street use under 80mph. I truly like them all, but can only afford one which is the biggest problem.

I will say that I'm not into doing triple digit speeds on one wheel down the highway. I'm more into a two to four hour ride through twisties on back roads and old state highways in case you are still looking for more background on me, but as I said earlier, I'm just looking for your opinions as to which bike on this list turns your crank the most, not which bike do you think is for me.

Yeah, that Brutale's easy on the eyes.

Has anybody ridden a Brutale, or any other MVA model with the 750 Evolution engine?

125 ponies on a 410 lb bike's nice. I wonder how the pull is through the range.

RSVMILLE661

While the Brutale is awesome it is a bit heavy.. I must stay true to my colors in this one.. Get the Aprilia.. You will not be disapointed. It looks awesome. Handles awesome. Stops better than anything out there. Plus its italian and has that wonderful v-twin sound.

Trust me on this.. APRILIA!!

Jaynnus

Originally posted by By-Tor
    First pick would be the 1000rr. Second would be the RC51.

RSVMILLE661

Trust me when I say Aprilia has NO financial troubles.. they have been around in italy for 35+ years.. There was speculation that they were heading for trouble when they bought Moto Guzzi.. there is nothing to fear.. they will be around for a long time to come.

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Originally posted by A996S
    I like them all, which is why they are all on the list. I could knock a few off of the list that I feel I probably won't buy, but where's the fun in that? I am certainly partial to a small few on this list, but instead of limiting my list to these, I decided to keep the unlikely bikes just to hear what you have to say about them. I'm just looking for your opinions on which bike on this list turns your crank the most. As far as the point about the naked vs sport, I could go either way. I've only ridden sport, but am quite interested in the added comfort as well as the streetable power of the naked bikes which are tuned more for street use under 80mph. I truly like them all, but can only afford one which is the biggest problem.

I will say that I'm not into doing triple digit speeds on one wheel down the highway. I'm more into a two to four hour ride through twisties on back roads and old state highways in case you are still looking for more background on me, but as I said earlier, I'm just looking for your opinions as to which bike on this list turns your crank the most, not which bike do you think is for me.
    fair enough. if the nekked for comfort is your call then i wold say the MV but for the sportbike I would say the Aprilia

i am fond of neked though

Bras cause cancer.

Lifer

Originally posted by A996S
    I've only ridden sport, but am quite interested in the added comfort as well as the streetable power of the naked bikes which are tuned more for street use under 80mph. I truly like them all, but can only afford one which is the biggest problem.
    If you've only ridden faired bikes...

A truly naked bike does not need to be going triple digit speeds to get annoying in certain conditions.

Basically much over 55mph for any amount of time you are going to be wishing for the fairing if you've gotten used to it. You will feel much colder, you'll get blown around a lot more, and the bike will not feel as planted & comfortable on the highway.

That said, the faired bikes on your list don't have tons of wind protection anyway.

Naked = better at lower speeds, better in warm weather
    faired = better at highway (55+) speeds, better in cold weather

Ben

You should but my 2000 RC51 so I can get my 2003 RC51 and then you will still have some cash for the 1000rr. Best of both worlds. Plus my bike has the 2500 dollars in mods so that will save you even more money. But IMO either Honda is a great bike.

Bruce

I just saw the Brutale in person for the first time. It's VERY appealing. A friend of min has the F4 Agusta and he likes it. He said you have to rev it pretty high to make power, but I think the Brutale makes more torque...

I'd eliminate the RC51 from the list. It feels heavy and looks BIG compared to all the others on your list.

The Aprilia definitely sounds the best af the lot.

None of these will let you down. Get the one that rocks you the most and don't look back.

Paul_E_D

well from the votes and responses, I can already see that there aren't too many fans of the Monster, at least when compared with the others on the list. I am also surprised to see how many people like the Aprilia best. I didn't think that too many people would like that one.

A truly naked bike does not need to be going triple digit speeds to get annoying in certain conditions. Basically much over 55mph for any amount of time you are going to be wishing for the fairing if you've gotten used to it. You will feel much colder, you'll get blown around a lot more, and the bike will not feel as planted & comfortable on the highway.
    I was not aware of this with naked bikes. I will say that I tend to travel a bit over 55mph, so that might be an issue for me. Thanks for the heads-up on this. I will still consider them though

At any rate, please keep the votes coming. I'm interested to see if the #'s change.

If there were a "none of the above" option, that'd be my vote So, i was forced to vote for the Aprilia

Yamaha

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast