Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bikes you couldnt wait to get rid of?

Re: Bikes you couldnt wait to get rid of?

Quote Originally Posted by klp View Post

BTW John I was at Cycles when you had all those beauties - funny to hear the dark side lol. All I saw were grins and sexy bikes!
    Yeah, some good bikes and some bad ones.....remember my 1st trackbike? The blue CBR600F4? Miss that one. The RC51, if you remember was super race bling all over it.

The 1st MV Agusta I bought was a total shitbox that had been abused and put away dirty. Never cared for. I got it with 900 miles and it never rode right. Sold it a couple hundred miles later. Then the next spring I bought its twin, same year, model and color. The 2nd one was amazing. Most planted front end I had ever feltup to that point. And I would say in my helmet to myself everytime "I cant believe this bike is this fast" every time I rode it. Then I just had to try one of those naked bikes everyone claims are great. Bought the Brutale. Worst bike Ive ever had. If I saw it right now, Id kick it onto its side and walk away as I put my sunglasses on and not look back.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Imbeek View Post
    So I take it they still don't have electric start?

My '08 had damn good handling and suspension after I had it resprung and revalved. If it had electric start, I'd have probably kept the thing. Of course, I was doing strictly dirt riding with it, hence all the crashing and stalling. Mine started good enough when it was cold; it was the mid-ride hot stuff that had me swearing my head off and wanting to ghost ride it off a cliff.
    Fuel injection now but no e-start. Just like yours, starts great cold but mid-ride you'll kill yourself trying to get her going. PO broke the decompression lever on it too so there's that extra bit of FU from the bike lol.

Central Mass Powersports #123

1000rr, zx10r, rmz450, RE classic, r6, S4Rs, xr123, sv650(2), cr250 and a box truck that leaks power steering fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by jwm2k3 View Post
    So reading the responses to my other thread, 'Bikes you regret selling?' got me thinking about the bikes that I hated, hated me, or just needed to go...

2007 MV Agusta Brutale 910R.....this bike was sexy as hell. It was VERY powerful, exotic, and just looked incredible. I owned it for 4 months and 300 miles. From the very first ride I could not jive with it at all. I tried in vain to make myself like it, spent over a grand trying to change it so Id like it, to no avail. New tires, lower Ducati Monster handelbars, adjusted suspension, rearsets, steering damper and carbon bits. It just never felt right at all. After about 275 miles I decided I hated it and went to trade it in. I bought the bike sight unseen from South Carolina and had it shipped up. I was unhappy with cosmetics as soon as I laid my eyes on it. Spent lots of time cleaning it up. I even had a small loan on it to boot.....which caused me to sell another bike to pay off this piece of shit Brutale. I sold my RC51, which I had for 6 years, to make the payoff. Pissed the Brutale sucked, pissed I sold the RC51 to keep the Brutale. The only good thing to come out of it was that the next bike was the best Ive ever owned....2012 Ducati 848 Corse.

What bikes were you glad to see go?
    My brother had one of those. It was a terrible bike that he never got comfortable on.

2019 Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE
    2022 Husqvarna fe501s

1998 Suzuki RM125 with Eric Gorr 144 kit!!

All old (and new?) MX bikes are super maintenance intensive...and I don't mind doing it, except when it's one fatal repair at a time (ie. Failed transmission bearing wrecks crank cases)

Last edited by breakdirt916; 10-27-16 at 12:49 AM.
    FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

Quote Originally Posted by duganc1717 View Post

Lol Watercooled GSXRs are fucking toilets. Had an 1100 like that and got tired of trying to make it run right with its shitty pet cock and fuel routing I threw it on ebay in a drunken rage and some guy from NC came up and bought it.

Other bike I loved seeing go was a Ninja ZX6e. Another souless toilet that never ran right.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Too many bikes to list
    http://oneguytwowheels.blogspot.com/
    Mosdt likely drunkd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12