Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 295

The Best bikes on Craigslist

  1. #251
    13/f/MA/on period. Garrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    02339
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: The Best bikes on Craigslist



    0 Not allowed!
    Too many bikes to list
    http://oneguytwowheels.blogspot.com/
    Mosdt likely drunkd

  2. #252

    Re: The Best bikes on Craigslist

    Does drained fluid for storage mean "hasn't run in years, all seals now dry and cracked"?

    1 Not allowed!

  3. #253
    13/f/MA/on period. Garrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    02339
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: The Best bikes on Craigslist

    Most likely. Looks like an odd cable running down from the passenger handle bar. Not sure what is up with that.


    Another VFR
    1986 Honda interceptor vfr750f - motorcycles/scooters - by owner - vehicle automotive bike sale

    0 Not allowed!
    Too many bikes to list
    http://oneguytwowheels.blogspot.com/
    Mosdt likely drunkd

  4. #254
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,124,127

    Re: The Best bikes on Craigslist

    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    Most likely. Looks like an odd cable running down from the passenger handle bar. Not sure what is up with that.


    Another VFR
    1986 Honda interceptor vfr750f - motorcycles/scooters - by owner - vehicle automotive bike sale
    Almost looks like a cable lock, no? Kind of? Sort of?

    0 Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  5. #255
    13/f/MA/on period. Garrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    02339
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: The Best bikes on Craigslist

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Almost looks like a cable lock, no? Kind of? Sort of?
    Didn't even think of that. You may be onto something

    0 Not allowed!
    Too many bikes to list
    http://oneguytwowheels.blogspot.com/
    Mosdt likely drunkd

  6. #256
    Posting Freak
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    975

    Re: The Best bikes on Craigslist


    0 Not allowed!
    Street Triple R, Steetfighter 848, Monster 1100evo, VFR, CRF250L/M

  7. #257

    Re: The Best bikes on Craigslist

    How's that compare with a gs500?

    0 Not allowed!

  8. #258
    Super Moderator TheIglu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Royalston, MA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    19,524

    Re: The Best bikes on Craigslist

    Quote Originally Posted by joshk1025 View Post
    How's that compare with a gs500?
    You'd hardly notice the difference. One might be a little easier to push into the water, but both will hold your boat stationary in decent wind.

    7 Not allowed!
    -Clayton
    2006 Suzuki SV650
    2004 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

  9. #259
    Posting Freak
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    975

    Re: The Best bikes on Craigslist

    Quote Originally Posted by joshk1025 View Post
    How's that compare with a gs500?
    I have not had either, so take my comments with a grain of salt. Looking at my first bike I ended up with a Ninja 500 which was considered better at the time compared to the gs500. I have always thought of the Buell as more entry level compared to the GS. I think it is physically a little smaller and shorter. It is a one cylinder compared to two. The GS500 was made in Spain from what I remember and actually had a pretty big following world wide despite the meager specs. I suspect the GS500 would be more reliable, but have no real data to go by. My two cents...

    1 Not allowed!
    Street Triple R, Steetfighter 848, Monster 1100evo, VFR, CRF250L/M

  10. #260

    Re: The Best bikes on Craigslist

    Quote Originally Posted by dankatz View Post
    I have not had either, so take my comments with a grain of salt. Looking at my first bike I ended up with a Ninja 500 which was considered better at the time compared to the gs500. I have always thought of the Buell as more entry level compared to the GS. I think it is physically a little smaller and shorter. It is a one cylinder compared to two. The GS500 was made in Spain from what I remember and actually had a pretty big following world wide despite the meager specs. I suspect the GS500 would be more reliable, but have no real data to go by. My two cents...
    I've currently got a gs500 - my first bike. I looked at the ninja 500 as well, actually planned to buy one but the deal fell through and I ended up with a gs500. So far I've been really enjoying it - it is a blast to ride, but I have nothing to compare it with. I also like how it looks, although my particular bike is a little beat.

    This is maybe a little silly, but in my opinion the parallel twin just doesn't sound good.

    0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by joshk1025; 01-10-19 at 09:36 AM.

  11. #261
    13/f/MA/on period. Garrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    02339
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: The Best bikes on Craigslist

    Quote Originally Posted by joshk1025 View Post
    I've currently got a gs500 - my first bike. I looked at the ninja 500 as well, actually planned to buy one but the deal fell through and I ended up with a gs500. So far I've been really enjoying it - it is a blast to ride, but I have nothing to compare it with. I also like how it looks, although my particular bike is a little beat.

    This is maybe a little silly, but in my opinion the parallel twin just doesn't sound good.
    I bought a pile of shit gs500 for my first bike, chain used to slap the battery case because it had a turbo at one time. Found a super rare Yoshi exhaust for it too. Painted dumb ass green stripes on the tank. I had an 89 so it had clip ons. I also had a Ninja 500 at the time and it was just meh. (Mine looked like the one from True Lies)
    I much prefer a GS500. Shit I'd even buy one now just to fuck around on

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

    1 Not allowed!
    Too many bikes to list
    http://oneguytwowheels.blogspot.com/
    Mosdt likely drunkd

  12. #262
    Mophead going grey dontpanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Danvers, MA
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,296

    Re: The Best bikes on Craigslist

    My first bike was a 1981 GS450s bought new in October 1980. I absolutely loved it.

    A year ago, I bought an '89 GS500 for a winter project and for teaching my daughter this spring. After getting it running, I rode it to the gas station for fuel, intending to head right back home after. I wound up riding around for two hours. It's a simple, elemental motorcycle that invariably puts a huge grin on my face.

    0 Not allowed!
    Go fast. Have fun. Repeat.

  13. #263
    Dic on
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    13,848

    Re: The Best bikes on Craigslist

    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    Most likely. Looks like an odd cable running down from the passenger handle bar. Not sure what is up with that.


    Another VFR
    1986 Honda interceptor vfr750f - motorcycles/scooters - by owner - vehicle automotive bike sale
    That '86 is calling my name. I spy a magnesium engine cover.

    0 Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

    OXX

  14. #264
    13/f/MA/on period. Garrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    02339
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: The Best bikes on Craigslist

    Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    That '86 is calling my name. I spy a magnesium engine cover.
    I like that it's actually a 750. Not a tariff beater 700

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

    0 Not allowed!
    Too many bikes to list
    http://oneguytwowheels.blogspot.com/
    Mosdt likely drunkd

  15. #265
    13/f/MA/on period. Garrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    02339
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: The Best bikes on Craigslist

    1997 cbr 900rr - motorcycles/scooters - by owner - vehicle automotive bike sale

    Wish this was closer. Those PM Chicanes make it so you can get modern rubber. Instead of the dumb ass 16 inch front wheel

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

    0 Not allowed!
    Too many bikes to list
    http://oneguytwowheels.blogspot.com/
    Mosdt likely drunkd

  16. #266
    13/f/MA/on period. Garrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    02339
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: The Best bikes on Craigslist

    86' zx1000r - motorcycles/scooters - by owner - vehicle automotive bike sale


    Ooooooooof that is TEMPTING

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

    1 Not allowed!
    Too many bikes to list
    http://oneguytwowheels.blogspot.com/
    Mosdt likely drunkd

  17. #267
    13/f/MA/on period. Garrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    02339
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: The Best bikes on Craigslist


    0 Not allowed!
    Too many bikes to list
    http://oneguytwowheels.blogspot.com/
    Mosdt likely drunkd

  18. #268
    13/f/MA/on period. Garrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    02339
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: The Best bikes on Craigslist


    0 Not allowed!
    Too many bikes to list
    http://oneguytwowheels.blogspot.com/
    Mosdt likely drunkd

  19. #269

    Re: The Best bikes on Craigslist


    I think I'm getting better at reading these ads. I take "carbs were cleaned" to mean "carbs were dusted with carb cleaner, internal rubber components may be ruined but the idle circuits are still clogged"

    0 Not allowed!

  20. #270
    Dic on
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    13,848

    Re: The Best bikes on Craigslist

    Quote Originally Posted by joshk1025 View Post
    I think I'm getting better at reading these ads. I take "carbs were cleaned" to mean "carbs were dusted with carb cleaner, internal rubber components may be ruined but the idle circuits are still clogged"

    Close. it actually means "I put fresh gas in and it changed nothing".

    0 Not allowed!
    "Too bad ponies are assholes."

    OXX

  21. #271

    Re: The Best bikes on Craigslist

    Quote Originally Posted by Degsy View Post
    Close. it actually means "I put fresh gas in and it changed nothing".
    Haha. Maybe a little seafoam?

    0 Not allowed!

  22. #272
    13/f/MA/on period. Garrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    02339
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: The Best bikes on Craigslist

    Quote Originally Posted by joshk1025 View Post
    I think I'm getting better at reading these ads. I take "carbs were cleaned" to mean "carbs were dusted with carb cleaner, internal rubber components may be ruined but the idle circuits are still clogged"
    With a bike that age with that mileage expect to replace every rubber component in the carburetor

    0 Not allowed!
    Too many bikes to list
    http://oneguytwowheels.blogspot.com/
    Mosdt likely drunkd

  23. #273
    Backwoods lobster boy number9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hanover, NH
    Posts
    3,623

    Re: The Best bikes on Craigslist

    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
    Who the hell made full fairings for a TL1000S?
    Who the hell would put full fairings on a TL1000S?

    0 Not allowed!
    '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

  24. #274
    13/f/MA/on period. Garrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    02339
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: The Best bikes on Craigslist

    Quote Originally Posted by number9 View Post
    Who the hell would put full fairings on a TL1000S?

    I kind of like it

    0 Not allowed!
    Too many bikes to list
    http://oneguytwowheels.blogspot.com/
    Mosdt likely drunkd

  25. #275
    Backwoods lobster boy number9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hanover, NH
    Posts
    3,623

    Re: The Best bikes on Craigslist

    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett View Post

    I kind of like it
    It's not bad I guess. It looks like a Japanese version of a 900SS...

    0 Not allowed!
    '08 Ducati HyperMotard 1100S, '14 Subaru XV Crosstrek

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •