Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Bleed coolant..

Bleed coolant..

noob question here.... Ive done this many time on cars but I am having issues with the bike...

2001 zx11

Start bike take off cap on thermostat housing, loosen bleeder, add coolant

After a minute or so it boils over though...

Then I read to add it to the overflow tank under the set that as far as I can see on my bike has no min/max level indicators..... + How would coolant enter the system from the overflow without vacuum/ the bike off/ valve on cap open.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Bleed coolant..

You don't happen to have the service manual for your bike do you? If not here you go, 93-2001 ZX11 service manual

I've not looked through it but I did some poking around on another forum and I think you forgot to bleed the water pump. Do that with the engine off, 10mm bolt.

The link is to the files for the manual, so you'll have to poke around to figure out which file you need, I'd leach them all though. Hope this helps you out.

Last edited by Slyder; 07-06-10 at 01:03 AM.

obnoxious degenerate

yup, first you have to loosen the top bolt on the water pump and wait for coolant to come out, otherwise it wont circulate back to the tstat well.

nine times out of ten its an electric razor, but...every once in a while...its a dildo. of course its company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo, we have to use the indefinite article "a" dildo ...and not..."your"...dildo...

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder27 View Post
    You don't happen to have the service manual for your bike do you? If not here you go, 93-2001 ZX11 service manual

I've not looked through it but I did some poking around on another forum and I think you forgot to bleed the water pump. Do that with the engine off, 10mm bolt.

The link is to the files for the manual, so you'll have to poke around to figure out which file you need, I'd leach them all though. Hope this helps you out.
    Thanks for the link.... The manual is a little vague... I figured it out though... I was opening the bleeder on the water pump while running and it wouldn't work for me like that.... I had to open it up while it was off.