Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

My new bling

My new bling

Originally posted by A996S
    Allow me to point out the fact that I bought my bike before Wayne ever even knew what a Monster S4R was. I tried to talk him into buying a red one, but Noooo!! He had to have the same color as ME!!

it was still cute when you guys did the ducati thing last year together

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

My new bling

Originally posted by SEVENSGT
    Don't get me started. I even contemplated trading in my bike last month because of the matching bike thing. I would have done the trade if I didn't have to take such a hit on the trade-in value of my bike. I am still thinking about repainting it a different color because no matter what I do to make my bike different, they will still look the same because of the blue paint with the white stripe.

I might just leave it the way it is because Wayne goes through bikes like they are a pair of underwear. By this time next year, he should have enough mileage on his Monster to warrant a trade for a new bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Kham View Post
    you seem to be related to nikon. so fuckyou too! go suck a cock./1
    2012 R1200GS Rallye

Just Registered

My new bling

Twins??

Lifer

My new bling

You can't go wrong with a custom paint job...

My new bling

Tim and Wayne,

Maybe you guys should get matching helmets and jackets, next. That would be cute!!!!!

j/k.........

LRRS#167

My new bling

why do i have the c.h.i.p.s theme song in my head? just kidding. tim your bike looks great but if it bothers you that much that you thought about trading it i would think about some custum paint. maybe change the color of the stripe and go with different wheels? i love black and i think a black stripe with some c/f or black wheels would be tight. then you could be the evil twin dressed in black to waynes white. also you could give him shit about dirty white wheels!

My new bling

Originally posted by blackvfr
    why do i have the c.h.i.p.s theme song in my head? just kidding. tim your bike looks great but if it bothers you that much that you thought about trading it i would think about some custum paint. maybe change the color of the stripe and go with different wheels? i love black and i think a black stripe with some c/f or black wheels would be tight. then you could be the evil twin dressed in black to waynes white. also you could give him shit about dirty white wheels!
    I never thought about just changing the stripe. That is actually a great idea.

As far as wheels go, I have had my eye on a set of black Marchesini magnesium wheels @ my dealer for a few weeks now. I wanted CF wheels from BST, but They would cost me around $3,800 for the set. Thats a bit steep for me. The magnesium wheels are about half of that, so they might be in my future.

Thanks again for the black stripe idea Mike. I'm going to talk with a few people about that to see what I can do.

2012 R1200GS Rallye

My new bling

After a quick run through P Shop, this is what I came up with. I like the blacked out idea. Thanks Mike.

Last edited by Ducrappy; 01-07-05 at 12:47 PM.
    2012 R1200GS Rallye

My new bling

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

My new bling

Tim

A quick and easy way to see if you would like the black stripe;

Go to a local vinyl shop, i.e. somone that letters tucks, and ask them if they can sell/give you a strip of black vinyl around a 1/16th to an 1/8th of an inch wider than your stripe on the bike. Take it home and use a solution of soap and water and apply the vinyl over your white stripe, kind of like tinting windows, and see if you like it. If you do you can either leave it that way or pull it off, with no damage to the underlying paint, and have it painted that way.

Joel

My new bling

That'd look great in the downstairs pisser

I think it would look pisser hanging above my garage doors.

Life is a challenge. You can take the risk and experience it, or sit back and watch it go by. I choose to experience it. (W.L.Heath)

Fear is the incubated subjective perception of the inevitable.

My new bling

After a quick run through P Shop, this is what I came up with. I like the blacked out idea. Thanks Mike.

Tim, you're wheels look prety freakin dirty there.

Life is a challenge. You can take the risk and experience it, or sit back and watch it go by. I choose to experience it. (W.L.Heath)

My new bling

By the way Wayne, Scotty is working with me on getting a custom finished part specifically to out-do a similar piece that you recently purchased. The funny thing is that it was his idea . I'll leave you in suspense until you actually see the part installed on the bike I may out-do you yet Wayne-o

Ok Ok.............this isn't fare. Is it the belt covers? Come on..........tell me!!!

My new bling

Originally posted by Daytona440
    Twins??

Hey tim.................where did you snap that picture?

My new bling

I jus luv olive the attention.

My new bling

Don't get me started. I even contemplated trading in my bike last month because of the matching bike thing. I would have done the trade if I didn't have to take such a hit on the trade-in value of my bike. I am still thinking about repainting it a different color because no matter what I do to make my bike different, they will still look the same because of the blue paint with the white stripe.

I might just leave it the way it is because Wayne goes through bikes like they are a pair of underwear. By this time next year, he should have enough mileage on his Monster to warrant a trade for a new bike.
    Tim, I did look at the red one first but before I ever met you I had my sights of the blue CBR600RR they put out in '04'. So I guess my mind was made up on the color a loooooong time ago. I've seen some other blue S4R's at MM and they love it for what it is. A nice looking bike.

Looks like I'll halfta find another riding bud is all.

My new bling

I might just leave it the way it is because Wayne goes through bikes like they are a pair of underwear.

And leave my underwear out of this!

Last edited by Wayne-o; 01-08-05 at 11:53 AM.

My new bling

Originally posted by FireNutzRR
    Hey tim.................where did you snap that picture?
    Wayne:

He shot that pic at the Shell station on Rte 16 on our way home from our 16 person ride up to Conway. That was the place where we all helped push the camper away from the pumps and over to the side of the parking lot.

I suppose I can tell you which part Scotty is trying to have custom finished since you already bought one and was too expensive to buy another.

Scotty told me that he can get customized parts from SpeedyMoto and that he would try to get a water pump housing anodyzed blue to stand out better and to match the overall color of the bike.

I don't think I will be doing the custom paint and wheels this year because I am already past my parts budget this winter.

How do you like my new mirrors? I was going to order the billet DP mirrors, but Scott talked me into the carbon mirrors by selling them to me at his cost which ended up being about $40 cheaper than the billet pair. This is amazing because the list of a single carbon mirror is about $40 more than the billet ones. I couldn't pass up the savings. Can you blame me?

I'll let you go with the billet theme while I will stay with the carbon fiber theme. I have a few more carbon items that I would like to pick up, maybe by spring so hopefully we won't be able to confuse the bikes in a parking lot.

Last edited by Ducrappy; 01-08-05 at 05:32 PM.
    2012 R1200GS Rallye

Just Registered

My new bling

He shot that pic at the Shell station on Rte 16 on our way home from our 16 person ride up to Conway. That was the place where we all helped push the camper away from the pumps and over to the side of the parking lot.
    Bing. I could have sworn i had another one too...I'll have to search for it....

I love the 2004 S4R with the blood red wheels...it was kind like a dark gray/black color...Anyone got a pics of that one??

My new bling

Originally posted by Daytona440
    Bing. I could have sworn i had another one too...I'll have to search for it....

I love the 2004 S4R with the blood red wheels...it was kind like a dark gray/black color...Anyone got a pics of that one??
    If you are referring to a factory model that was gray w/ red wheels, that would actually be the the 2001 Monster S4 Senna which had a 916 motor and did not have the single sided swingarm like the S4R which has the 996 motor.

The S4R replaced the S4 in 2003
    Here is a link to some great S4 Senna pics
    http://zebsite.free.fr/s4.php

The only colors offered on the S4R until 2005 model year were:
    Black w/black wheels; Red w/gray wheels; Blue w/ white wheels and in Europe, Yellow w/gray wheels.

2012 R1200GS Rallye

Just Registered

My new bling

That's probably the one Tim...The only place i ever saw it was on Ducati's website over the summer. Hot bikes...I think my next will be an R6 though...

My new bling

After reading all of the comments (serious and jest) about Tim's new bling parts I realized why I enjoy so many of the peeps here on NESR. Typically there is no harm intended.

I am guilty of the fact that I enjoy very much riding with Tim. He has got to be the most level headed rider I have road with since I have been riding. OK...OK I fell in love with his bike when he showed up with it for a ride. But, I was also very happy to see him back on a bike after he crashed his Red Bull on a ride we did.

Ya ok I've become fond of Tim, first cuz he is still here with us, and secondly cuz he is a super person.

I never thought there would be the the degree of sensitivity because we have the same freakin bikes. Shame on me for being in the place and time as well as the state of mind that I was in.

I love to ride and that's all that matters to me. Thanks to Tim, I have a bike I really love.

I did consider the fact that I was riding with Tim quite a bit and that it may look odd that we have the same bikes. I really wanted Tim to be proud of his new bike.

What i do think is interesting is comparing what one chooses to up-grade his/her bike when starting out with identical bikes. I can think of no other bike that allows this type of personalization.

Don't worry Tim, I think you are spot on when you said I may have a new bike by the end of this season!

Wayne-o

Just Registered

My new bling

I am guilty of the fact that I enjoy very much riding with Tim. He has got to be the most level headed rider I have road with since I have been riding.
    Wayne-o
    Thanks Wayne...

Oh wait..You were talking about the Other Tim!

DAMN

you guys have sweet bikes...i'm jealous...

My new bling

Originally posted by tls25rs
    Tim

A quick and easy way to see if you would like the black stripe;

Go to a local vinyl shop, i.e. somone that letters tucks, and ask them if they can sell/give you a strip of black vinyl around a 1/16th to an 1/8th of an inch wider than your stripe on the bike. Take it home and use a solution of soap and water and apply the vinyl over your white stripe, kind of like tinting windows, and see if you like it. If you do you can either leave it that way or pull it off, with no damage to the underlying paint, and have it painted that way.

Joel
    Or just go to autozone and get some trim blackout tape for like $3

Definatly like the S4R... Both of them! I kinda did the same thing. My friend Garret had an RC, and after all the praise he gave the bike, I gave in when the opportunity came up. I also have a bike I love

Love the new parts too Tim

My new bling

After reading all of the comments (serious and jest) about Tim's new bling parts I realized why I enjoy so many of the peeps here on NESR. Typically there is no harm intended.

I am guilty of the fact that I enjoy very much riding with Tim. He has got to be the most level headed rider I have road with since I have been riding. OK...OK I fell in love with his bike when he showed up with it for a ride. But, I was also very happy to see him back on a bike after he crashed his Red Bull on a ride we did.

Ya ok I've become fond of Tim, first cuz he is still here with us, and secondly cuz he is a super person.

I never thought there would be the the degree of sensitivity because we have the same freakin bikes. Shame on me for being in the place and time as well as the state of mind that I was in.

I love to ride and that's all that matters to me. Thanks to Tim, I have a bike I really love.

I did consider the fact that I was riding with Tim quite a bit and that it may look odd that we have the same bikes. I really wanted Tim to be proud of his new bike.

What i do think is interesting is comparing what one chooses to up-grade his/her bike when starting out with identical bikes. I can think of no other bike that allows this type of personalization.

Don't worry Tim, I think you are spot on when you said I may have a new bike by the end of this season!

Wayne-o
    First, thanks for the kind words Wayne-o.

Anyways, don't worry about me Wayne. I was merely making fun of the fact that we have identical bikes. I am kidding about wanting to make it different from your bike. I just want to personalize my own bike. It doesn't actually bother me to ride with you, having identical bikes. Its just an easy thing to make jokes about.

Hey, at least we don't both have CBRs or R6s because most of the japanese look identical as well and they don't have as many mod options as the Ducs.

As as you guys think our two bikes look together, we could never even come close to the of this RC 51 ride last year. I think a few of our own NESR guys were on that ride (Mike and Gregg I believe, and possibly more). By the way, there were a lot more RCs on that ride than are shown in the pic, but most of the better pics are no longer being hosted. I think they had somewhere near 15 or 20 almost identical RC 51's on one group ride. The only bike I could actually discern from the rest would be Jersey Devil's bike with many of the factory decals removed. I love his 4 under-tail exhaust cans, though you can't see them from the pic. Anyways, tell me this picture doesn't look funny

Last edited by Ducrappy; 01-08-05 at 09:57 PM.
    2012 R1200GS Rallye

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast