Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Blue Ridge Pkwy and the Dragon

I'm gettin itchy ta do some ridin 'n' the best thing I can do is plan for the two week ride a group of us are planning. We are going dow the the Blue Ridge Parkway to the Dragon. What are some of the routes that I should consider through New York and Pennsylvania that are nice roads?

FireNutz

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

the first time I went down, this is the Route I took from Concord, NH, Rt 9 to Bennington, VT, Rt 7 to Williamstown, MA Rt 2 to Petersburg, NY Rt 22 to Millerton, NY Rt 199 to Kingston, NY Rt 209 to Stroudsurg, PA up to this point, the ride was nice rolling country & farmlands for the most part, Saturday errand traffic was an annoyance on Rt 209 We continued on Rt 209 to Millersburg, PA no traffic in afternoon, but kinda boring stretch of road unless you want to know where there are more junkyards than everywhere else in America. From Millersburg Rt 34 to Gettysburg (Camped out here) From Gettysburg, Rt 116 to Emmitsburg, MD Rt 15 to Thurmond, MD Rt 77(first taste of REAL twisties, SWEET, Recommended) to Smithsburg, MD , Rt 66 to Boonsboro, MD Rt 67 to Harpers Ferry, WV, Rt 340 to Front Royal, VA and Skyline Drive/BRP from there, stayes in Roanoke VA second nite, and made it to Deals before dark on day 3

second time I trucked down, and last year I slabbed it cause I was doing an Ironbutt SS1000

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON