Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Women's riding gear sizing

Women's riding gear sizing

My gf has been jumping on behind me lately and a sweatshirt is just not going to cut it. She needs a jacket and likely gloves/jeans.
    Looking to surprise her on our next ride.
    I know nothing about women's sizes other than that she wears a size zero in clothes and dresses.
    Does motorcycle gear size equally? European still smaller for ladies like it is for men?

Thanks!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    09 Ex500- totalled
    08 SV650s!!!

Cages: Ford Excursion
    Ford Mustang Gt
    Toyota Rav4

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (GS3)

My wife has an A* leather jacket shes looking to get rid of. Only worn a few times. I think its a Med. Its red and black. I think its called a Stella Dyno jacket.
    I think most women sizes come in S, M, L. Youll have to check sizing charts. Her 0 size would equate to waist size.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Re: Women's riding gear sizing

If she wears a 0 dress, she'd need at least a small jacket possibly XS. gear for women also assumes average height, so someone with longer arms may need to go up a size in order to get the right length sleeve. My dress size is 6-8 and I wear a small in most brands, so I would be hard pressed to think she'd need bigger than an XS. Trouble with number sizes is that they aren't consistent between stores, though. Best way to find out is try it on. Euro cuts would be slimmer than American brands (Dainese, Rev'It, etc)

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

I'm a size 4 in pants/shorts and had to get size medium pants for riding. They are textile with armor, zipper attachment on back so nothing special or crazy. As for a jacket, I tried on several women's jackets but have been unable to find one which fits well due to my longer than normal torso. This caused me to just hop over to the men's side and pick up an x-small jacket and fits great, although not flattering in any way. Gloves would most likely be a small.

2016 Ninja 650

Glad to hear you're getting her gear.
    Went down the same path a while back trying to buy riding gear for my wife. I struggled trying to figure out what size (the sizes from different manufacturers weren't consistent) and as much a she'd appreciate the effort I'd never pick what she would have picked. Who knew pants and jackets had to match?
    In the end the "surprise" was taking her shopping and having her try everything on. I bought what she wanted. The bonus was she had as much/more fun doing the shopping as the actual buying.

Quote Originally Posted by 02redhawk View Post
    In the end the "surprise" was taking her shopping and having her try everything on. I bought what she wanted. The bonus was she had as much/more fun doing the shopping as the actual buying.
    This is your A#1 best bet. Just make sure you go somewhere that has a huge selection of men's gear, or they will be extremely limited in their women's stuff.

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.