Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

hey all

Nice TT's

hey all

hey guys i know im not that active of a member but i thought id stop by and see if you guys had any advise for me. this yer for xmas my sister got me this great gift of a single day class from penguin. just wondering what i should do/expect from the class, i know the stuff for the bike. coolant, kick stand glass/lenses. and what im planning on doing is geting the brake fluid, pads and new bridgstone bt002 tires. for the bike im gonna use my tt600 with 3k on it haha anyways dont mean to ramble on but thanks for any help

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

hey all

Go in with an open mind and a willingness to learn and you will come away with a greater understanding on how to ride.

Are you taking the racing class or the riding class?

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

hey all

yea the willingness to learn anything and everything is key....they're going to open you up to a whole new world of being on a motorcycle....talk with instructors as much as you can, ask questions, and soak up as much info as you can.

congrats, have fun!

Nice TT's

Re: hey all

Quote Originally Posted by TheIglu View Post
    Go in with an open mind and a willingness to learn and you will come away with a greater understanding on how to ride.

Are you taking the racing class or the riding class?
    thats what i really want to do, i took the msf course and that helped me out alot on stuff that i do wrong and, its just a one day class i believe it is the regular riding class(im not 100% sure though) we should hook up in the spring for a ride, your pretty much in my backyard i live in north orange...

Quote Originally Posted by RyanNicholson View Post
    yea the willingness to learn anything and everything is key....they're going to open you up to a whole new world of being on a motorcycle....talk with instructors as much as you can, ask questions, and soak up as much info as you can.

congrats, have fun!
    yea, like i said its a new experience for me so i cant wait to see what im doing wrong what im doing right and what new stuff im gonna learn. ive played many sports in my life and most of the stuff i learned (mostly golf) is just front talking to ppl and watching them.

Re: hey all

Hey Duff....you'll get lots of good advice here! But it would really be worth your while to be sure that you take the Riding Class and not the Racing Class. I am of the opinion, (and sure to be taken to task by others here...!), that if you have never been on the track before you would find the Racing Class pretty frightening. The Riding course has passing rules and usually will break into 2-3 groups. Don't be ashamed to sign up for the beginner group. I guarentee you'll learn more there than you would if you were to jump into intermediate. There's and expression...'You have to go slow to go fast'....and as counterintuitive as is sounds it is absolutley true.

Also, if you do take advantage of a track day prepare to take all your disposable income...and them some...and kiss it good bye. As the NESBIANS say, "Welcome to our addiction!"

Cool gift...lucky man!

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.