Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Body Armor

Body Armor

I'm looking for body armor to wear under my kevlar jeans.

Specifically, I'm looking at these Knox Cross Lite Knee Guards
    and these Knox Cross Armored Shorts.

Is anyone using these? Thoughts on protection level and comfort would be appreciated. Or if folks have different armor they recommend.

I wear Alpinestars SMX-5 boots and Shift boots. I'm assuming that the knee guards will fit under my Alpinestars?

Thanks.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Body Armor

For the cost of Kevlar jeans, knee guards, and armored shorts, you could buy a nice pair of leathers with armor already in them. They would offer more protection and you will be able to use them at the track too.

i agree. you're looking at about $300 for the 3.

if you're dead set on wearing jeans for the appearance, i'd look into a set of full armor sewed into something that goes from hips to ankles. less chance of it rolling around on you. problem with the knee set you linked to is that it might help the initial impact, but as you start rolling/tumlbing/sliding they're likely to move off your knees and become near useless.

Bohn makes some ( http://www.bohn-armor-pants.com/cata...FYje4AodmhOeUg ) as do other companies. i had a set made by Teknic (i think) that i wore for a while til i found another set of leather pants i like.

Sounds like he already has the jeans, just looking for something to go underneath.

Check out the Force Field pants for sale in this thread: http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157549

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

I wear the cross shorts under my 1pc suit and love them. As was mentioned if you are looking to wear this underneath jeans then the shin/knee protection is going to be the possible trouble spot.

Quote Originally Posted by PainfullySlow View Post
    I wear the cross shorts under my 1pc suit and love them. As was mentioned if you are looking to wear this underneath jeans then the shin/knee protection is going to be the possible trouble spot.
    Thanks for all the replies. I prefer the look of jeans to leather for the street and I already have a few pairs of kevlar jeans.

I would also have the ability to wear the shorts under my racing leathers for added protection on the track.

PainfullySlow, what are you referring to as "shin/knee protection as a possible trouble spot"? The pads shifting in a crash? It doesn't look like that would be an issue with the knee pads I linked to above as the material wraps completely around your leg, not just 2 straps like their other models.

You dont know slow... PainfullySlow's Avatar

yeah my only concern would be the knee protection shifting. If you are comfortable that the ones you are looking at wouldnt do that then I say go for it.