Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

A* boot sizing, fit comparison of Moto-x and sport boots?

I didnt have the foresight to try on any boots this summer before they put them all away for the winter and brought out the moto-x and snow stuff, so I recently was trying on boots at a local shop to get a rough idea of how the A* boots fit. I'm specifically looking at buying the SMX-plus boots, but dont have anywhere to try them on.

I did however get to try on a pair of Tech-6? and Tech-8 boots, and 9-9.5 seemed to be the best fit for me. Now my question is, with all you dual-sporters out there, does anyone happen to own a pair of moto-x and street boots in the A* variety? I'm just trying to determine if there is much if any difference in the sizing between the two types of boot. One would imagine they would be the same, but you'd also think the sizes would be the same between different brand sneakers, but this is just not the case.

Anyone with any input is appreciated!

Or if you happen to own and wear a pair of A* street boots, and wear an Adidas, New Balance sneaker or low-cut Timberland boot in the 9.5 size flavor, what size are your boots!? Maybe that would help me as well as I'll be ordering them online for xmas.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I know a little about everything, and alot about nothing.

Re: A* boot sizing, fit comparison of Moto-x and sport boots?

Originally posted by JeffL
    I didnt have the foresight to try on any boots this summer before they put them all away for the winter and brought out the moto-x and snow stuff, so I recently was trying on boots at a local shop to get a rough idea of how the A* boots fit. I'm specifically looking at buying the SMX-plus boots, but dont have anywhere to try them on.

I did however get to try on a pair of Tech-6? and Tech-8 boots, and 9-9.5 seemed to be the best fit for me. Now my question is, with all you dual-sporters out there, does anyone happen to own a pair of moto-x and street boots in the A* variety? I'm just trying to determine if there is much if any difference in the sizing between the two types of boot. One would imagine they would be the same, but you'd also think the sizes would be the same between different brand sneakers, but this is just not the case.

Anyone with any input is appreciated!

Or if you happen to own and wear a pair of A* street boots, and wear an Adidas, New Balance sneaker or low-cut Timberland boot in the 9.5 size flavor, what size are your boots!? Maybe that would help me as well as I'll be ordering them online for xmas.
    Go to a local shop and try some on. The Tech 8's are like gloves...sweet boot. I love mine.

'95 ZX7/9
    '02 XR650R
    '78 KZ1000

Re: Re: A* boot sizing, fit comparison of Moto-x and sport boots?

Originally posted by Rye
    Go to a local shop and try some on. The Tech 8's are like gloves...sweet boot. I love mine.
    Thats the problem, all the street boots, the SMX's, SMX-plus, etc have all been put away. All thats out now are moto-x boots, ala Tech 6, Tech 8.

I dont want to buy a moto-x boot, I want to buy a street boot. In case that wasnt clear.

I know a little about everything, and alot about nothing.

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

i wear a size 10 shoe but i think my SMXs are a 9 they might be a 9.5 but i dont think so

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports