Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Boots

Boots

Another question, i've been looking at boots lately, and was wondering who has some suggestions for nice protective boots, preferably waterproof, breathable, etc. But also not rediculously expensive.
    I tried on cortec solutions yesterday, but it didn't seem like they had very much ankle support at all. Thanks.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Boots

check out Sidi. I have the Vertebra II, but they have apparently been replaced by Vertigo
    http://www.sidisport.com/eng/motorcy...asp?ATp_ID=M01

*Edit*
    I doubt you'll find something that is both breathable and waterproof though. You have to choose one or the other. The Vertigo Air boot is perforated, while the others are not. You'll want to periodically use a protectant spray to help waterproof whichever boots you get. I use Nik wax products on all of my riding leather for cleaning and waterproofing.
    *Edit 2*
    There is apparently a closable air vent on the Vertigo boot, so that could be an option, though I would imagine that air cannot flow too smoothly in a well-fitting boot.

Last edited by Ducrappy; 04-22-06 at 07:31 AM.

Boots

Alright, cool. Thanks alot!

Boots

I bought setup boots from newenough.com. They're not a full-out race boot, but offer pretty good protection for the price...supposedly made by the same people at Sidi.

"It is important never to forget where u all came from — becoz black, white, brown or pakistani we all come from de same place — de punani."
    -Ali G

Triumph Daytona 675 SE

Boots

I just bought a pair of Teknic "Magnum" boots. They fit me the best out of the others I tried on, and I got them for a great price.

Boots

I have a brand new pair of Gaerne boots size 10 I have to sell $200---real nice boot

Lifer

Boots

I'm a big Daytona fan. Got them at Motomarket out in Acton, for me I have to try em on, I know I'm not going to get a decent fit if I buy over the internet.

I'd strongly recommend something with a gore-tex liner. There is nothing worse then a soaked set of boots.

Previous to my Daytonas I had a cheaper set of Joe Rocket boots. At one point I got caught out without the rain covers for them, and had to ride ~200 miles in heavy rain.

It took those boots a WEEK to dry out! I was supposed to take off on a riding vacation, my boots were so wet I took my car and left the boots in a warm dry spot and they were still wet when I got back a week later...

Boots

Originally posted by slaps76
    I bought setup boots from newenough.com. They're not a full-out race boot, but offer pretty good protection for the price...supposedly made by the same people at Sidi.
    +1 I have those Setup boots too. Got them for about 90 bucks at New Enough... IIRC.

TL1000R --- For those who like to drive high speed tanks