Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Results 1 to 18 of 18

Boots in Boston

  1. #1
    The NEW hot Setup Manny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    4,060

    Boots in Boston


    Anyone know a store/dealer in the boston area where theres a large selection of street/racing style boots? Im thinking maybe alpinestars/sidi/oxeaetars that type of thing.

    Thanks.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Tie me up not down Jaynnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Southeastern Taxachusetts
    Posts
    6,603

    Boots in Boston


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!


    MSF RiderCoach
    MSF Dirt Bike School Coach


    Quote Originally Posted by 5TOEZ View Post
    #5 Hangout w/Jaynnus................
    she rides like the wind
    & smells good too.
    PKism: you don't count, you're just a guy with indoor plumbing

  3. #3
    Lifer Karaya One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Springfield, Mass
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,104

    Boots in Boston

    Motomarket

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    Dave - Motorace - Michelin

  4. #4
    Super Moderator OreoGaborio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    MA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    38,026

    Boots in Boston

    what they said

    I got my Alpinestar SMX-Plus boots at Brockton... they have a pretty big selection, although it isn't as big as the off-road boots selection... damn, they got alot of off-road boots

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Pete LRRS/CCS #82 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

    The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

  5. #5
    The NEW hot Setup Manny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    4,060

    Boots in Boston

    Originally posted by OreoGaborio
    what they said

    I got my Alpinestar SMX-Plus boots at Brockton... they have a pretty big selection, although it isn't as big as the off-road boots selection... damn, they got alot of off-road boots
    I was thinking about the smx plus - do you find it comfortable for street riding - what has been yuour overall impression?

    Thanks

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #6
    IWOK Prez. bigred875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Manvile, RI
    Posts
    8,115

    Boots in Boston

    I got'em...at BCC as well... I like them..not too ski bootish..not terribly bad to walk around in...but they squeak..lol

    what I like most is that it has like an internel shoe with laces for a better fit...easy on and off as well

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator OreoGaborio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    MA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    38,026

    Boots in Boston

    I absolutely love em & 90% of the time I wear em is when i'm riding on the street. It's rare that I just throw my sneakers on now. If you're riding w/ sneakers right now it'll take a little getting used to, but once you're used to the feel you get from them they're great.

    Only complaint is that once the leather on the ankle breaks in, the "hinge" starts to squeak. If you see a pair in person, you can see why but I got over that pretty quick, it's no big deal. Oh & before you buy a pair check that the eyelets are all secure where the laces go up. One of em popped out of the leather on mine - again, no biggie. Other than that i love em... Hands down the most comfortable pair out of all the pairs i tried on at Brockon & worth the money for comfort alone.

    One thing reguarding pricing - Brockon was selling em for 250... that's what I paid, but you can get em online for less if you wanna save a few bucks

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Pete LRRS/CCS #82 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

    The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

  8. #8
    IWOK Prez. bigred875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Manvile, RI
    Posts
    8,115

    Boots in Boston

    Originally posted by OreoGaborio
    I absolutely love em & 90% of the time I wear em is when i'm riding on the street. It's rare that I just throw my sneakers on now. If you're riding w/ sneakers right now it'll take a little getting used to, but once you're used to the feel you get from them they're great.

    Only complaint is that once the leather on the ankle breaks in, the "hinge" starts to squeak. If you see a pair in person, you can see why but I got over that pretty quick, it's no big deal. Oh & before you buy a pair check that the eyelets are all secure where the laces go up. One of em popped out of the leather on mine - again, no biggie. Other than that i love em... Hands down the most comfortable pair out of all the pairs i tried on at Brockon & worth the money for comfort alone.

    One thing reguarding pricing - Brockon was selling em for 250... that's what I paid, but you can get em online for less if you wanna save a few bucks
    i got mine for $225

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

  9. #9
    mtn biking season! skiierx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Waltham
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,528

    Boots in Boston

    I got my smx-plus off ebay for 180 shipped...try there too. BCC is the next best place. For the squeak, just take leather softener and put it under the plastic! It works great!

    Good luck

    J

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #10
    crash squid elaineo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    40
    Posts
    753

    Boots in Boston

    i got my SMX-plus for $140 but that's cuz i wear a size 38 euro and no one in the world buys that size but me.

    you can find em for $189 on mawonline or solo-moto also.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    WSMC #940

  11. #11
    NESR ruined my life. chr|s sedition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    I ride...someone else's bike.
    Posts
    1,828

    Boots in Boston

    Parkway Cycle has a large selection of boots. However, i wouldn't advise giving them any money cause they are really lame. If find that places like Parkway, Greater Boston Motorsports (also has lots of boots), and Cycles 128 are best used for library / refference locations becuase they have huge stocks. go see what they have, find what you like, and then buy / order it elsewhere.

    Vertabra's 2,
    -chr|s sedition

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Up front there ought to be a man in black." -John Cash

    LISTEN TO SLAYER
    If I get another fuckin' bike stolen...

  12. #12
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Bedford, MA
    Posts
    5,239

    Boots in Boston

    I love the Daytona boots I got this year... they aren't cheap but so far they are totally waterproof, super comfy (I don't bother to change shoes at work), and they are much more protective than my old ones.

    IME you may pay more for a really good boot (in general) but they ought to last like 10 years if they are high quality. At that point they are a better buy than several pairs of cheap boots.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #13
    Super Moderator OreoGaborio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    MA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    38,026

    Boots in Boston

    Originally posted by benVFR
    IME you may pay more for a really good boot (in general) but they ought to last like 10 years if they are high quality. At that point they are a better buy than several pairs of cheap boots.
    that goes back to the old saying "gotta spend money to save money"

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Pete LRRS/CCS #82 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

    The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

  14. #14
    The NEW hot Setup Manny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    4,060

    Boots in Boston

    benVFR - which daytonas are you wearing - I had checked out a couple of pairs but havent heard much about them.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #15
    Everybody to the limit!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Winchester, MA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,856

    Boots in Boston

    Originally posted by benVFR
    I love the Daytona boots I got this year... they aren't cheap but so far they are totally waterproof, super comfy (I don't bother to change shoes at work), and they are much more protective than my old ones.
    Ben, your feet don't sweat up a storm when you do that? My gaerne boots are also waterproof and qute comfortable, but I always brought a pair of sneaks to work because they offer very little ventilation on account of the waterproofness.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  16. #16
    Lifer
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Bedford, MA
    Posts
    5,239

    Boots in Boston

    Not particularly badly. The boots are goretex so if leather breathes, so do the boots.

    Every office is different though. Sometimes I do put on sneakers cause I leave a pair in my desk in case I forget them for the gym. Usually I just unzip the zippers like 1/2 way and I'm fine. If it weren't for the white "Gore Tex" logo on the outside of the boot no one would really even be able to tell you're wearing riding boots.

    I think they are Road Star GTX:

    Link to daytona site

    Half Squid has the same pair and has had them for a lot longer than I have.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  17. #17
    Lifer bentbryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rye, NH
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,528

    Boots in Boston

    Originally posted by chr|s sedition
    Parkway Cycle has a large selection of boots. However, i wouldn't advise giving them any money cause they are really lame. If find that places like Parkway, Greater Boston Motorsports (also has lots of boots), and Cycles 128 are best used for library / refference locations becuase they have huge stocks. go see what they have, find what you like, and then buy / order it elsewhere.

    Vertabra's 2,
    -chr|s sedition
    Stay away from Parkway Cycle. I tried to buy a Scott's damper off of Craig's list that was posted by someone who worked there. He told me many times that the mount for an 01 R6 was the same as the 03 and that I would have no problems. Wrong, I told the guy the mounts were different and he was VERY persistant in telling me it would work. Not sure if he was representing the shop itself, though everytime I talked with him he was at work, and I was supposed to go to Prkwy C. to pick up the damper.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400



  18. #18
    Don't bother me! R7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Yamaha Blvd
    Age
    48
    Posts
    14,179

    Boots in Boston

    Parkway, Greater Boston Motorsports, and Cycles 128
    I haven't heard many good things about these places from the time i joined the online motorcycle cummunity in 1998 till now

    You can probably get a fair deal by going to the international bike show in NYC in less than 2 weeks

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

    A Big Powerful Sportbike

Similar Threads

  1. boots
    By beet in forum Dirty Bastards
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-22-06, 01:12 PM
  2. boots?
    By hooligan in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-09-06, 07:15 PM
  3. Boots
    By Aaron in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-24-06, 08:27 PM
  4. Boots !
    By PinHead in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-30-03, 01:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •