Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Boston Parking

Boston Parking

Anyone else having issues with parking in Boston recently? They fenced off my favorite area last week, now I'm not sure what to do. Can you still squeeze between two cars at a meter or are they cracking down on that too? I work right off Beacon Hill, near the State House and Suffolk U.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2002 SV650N - Daily Commuter
    www.fennario.us - my Grateful Dead tribute band

Re: Boston Parking

Just drive around the gates at parking garages. You do have a Grom, right?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Enforcement varies: it's like a spotlight, shines hither and yon.

I'd suspect they will be strict from now until after Labor Day weekend because of the college invasion.

Bostonians aren't usually too forthcoming because what happens every time is we tell someone from out of town a spot, they tell their friends, it gets busy, and the BTD spotlight comes on.

Last edited by Garandman; 08-26-14 at 07:13 PM.

Lifer

Turn down the side street at the corner.where the derne street deli is. Midway down the street there is a small bicycle and motorcycle lot owners by Suffolk, there aren't any parking passes used.

gotten couple of tickets recently, one was for sidewalk parking ($65) and the other for non-payment ($20 or $25) for parking between cars. I have def seen extra "parking agents" trolling the city and from talking to few people, if I bike has a ticket it was most likely given by a female agent, don't ask me why but true story. Same bike, same spot, male agent walks by, looks at it walks away, female agent gave it 2 tickets in one week

Quote Originally Posted by 7UPyours View Post
    //if I bike has a ticket it was most likely given by a female agent, don't ask me why but true story. Same bike, same spot, male agent walks by, looks at it walks away, female agent gave it 2 tickets in one week
    Meh, I parked between two cars by city hall and a woman BTD walked by, said "Nice bike" and kept going. While on Beacon St while I was asking passers-by if they had change for a dollar bill, a dude walked up and was ready to give me a ticket on the spot.

A Boston resident sticker seems to help. BTW they usually have you dead to rights but you can appeal by mail, without showing up: if you've been wronged, take pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty the Scoob View Post
    Anyone else having issues with parking in Boston recently? They fenced off my favorite area last week, now I'm not sure what to do. Can you still squeeze between two cars at a meter or are they cracking down on that too? I work right off Beacon Hill, near the State House and Suffolk U.
    So it's your SV parked where I park. I have the blue Explorer. That's the building I work in. I arrive around 6:15am-ish and gone by 2:45p

I saw that area was fenced off. For years bikes parked there. Some kind of construction the signs say?