Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

View Poll Results: What genre of bike?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sport

2 5.26%
  • Sport standard

21 55.26%
  • Cruiser

1 2.63%
  • Touring

4 10.53%
  • Adventure

10 26.32%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Brand New Bike - What Kind?

Re: Brand New Bike - What Kind?

I have a 16 Factory Tuono. I can't imagine actually using the rear seat for a passenger. It is an amazing machine for the street. It's perfectly happy at 35mph in traffic as it is ripping around like a hoon. I think the compactness of the bike is another winning attribute for my 5'9" height. For passenger duties I'd pick up an older used H-D Heritage or BMW GS. The BMW is great when you want to ride on days where you don't want to get the Tuono covered in grime.

- Bike poor Tom

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Send cash... I need a track day

Brand New Bike - What Kind?-img_0019-jpg

Bought this '17 Tuono Factory today. Since test riding one in August of last year I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. This was a zero mile demo leftover, and the '18's have zero changes and loses the puke green superpole paint which I hated at first but grew on me during the year of fawning over it. So at a significant discount I was incredibly excited to grab one of the last two that I could find within several hundred miles of NYC.

This season is going to be epic!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Zolden; 02-18-18 at 12:32 AM.
    '19 Husqvarna FS450 Race

Zolden - Be prepared to keep Stabil in that 2007. The Tuono is such a great machine all around and at track pace. I put a slip-on on mine and sort of wish I didn't now. It's SO LOUD now that its a bit over the top. The fueling stock is perfect and with the pipe and race ECU its not as precise as it was stock. Just a tiny amount of roughness when transitioning between trailing throttle to opening it up. It sounded great stock and fueled perfect. Money I should have spent elsewhere...

Send cash... I need a track day

If you want to ride trackdays, keep it stock for sure. It's sweet. I like the green accents.

Paul_E_D

Short bus rider

Seacoast is up the street from me and every once and a while I'll stop by. They are always telling me to bring my gear so I can take out what ever I want for a ride. The Tuono would be my first choice. I fight all irrational thoughts and keep my gear at home. I know one ride it would be in my Gurage and I would be in the doghouse. Yes I usually live by asking for forgiveness is easier. My biggest problem is that bike would turn me into a child and cops don't understand that a Tuono is a Unicycle.

Quote Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
    Zolden - Be prepared to keep Stabil in that 2007. The Tuono is such a great machine all around and at track pace. I put a slip-on on mine and sort of wish I didn't now. It's SO LOUD now that its a bit over the top. The fueling stock is perfect and with the pipe and race ECU its not as precise as it was stock. Just a tiny amount of roughness when transitioning between trailing throttle to opening it up. It sounded great stock and fueled perfect. Money I should have spent elsewhere...
    I've had the RSVR a few years now and I always put it away with low fuel, fill it up with good stuff halfway through the winter and start her every few weeks.

I have non-baffled dual titanium LeoVince slip-ons on the RSVR, it's probably twice as loud as the stock Tuono V4!! Needless to say earplugs are a must on the track when the rpms are above 6-7k. The RSVR is likely to get confined to track duty with how much actual seat time I get on the street these days but I love that bike either way.

I spend way too much time on the Aprilia forum so been reading up on the TV4 a while... luckily there are a lot of smart tuners out there so race ecu isn't the only option with a pipe now. I agree though that the stock note is just fine, but the looks are a whole other thing. I don't have much in mind else for farkles... what am I supposed to do, save money or something? Hah.

'19 Husqvarna FS450 Race

Its what you do that counts

I have always lent toward the seeing new things and happily jumped on the adventure before they were a "thing"

Well done plenty of power and enough handling for ANY street riding and dont turn around when you see dirt

No Real luggage etc. just giant duffle carries everything and then its off for regular rides

The calculus of hate

It is not that I should win it is that you should lose
    It is not that I succeed it is that you fail
    It is not that I should live it is that you should die

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123