Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Brand Matter or just Preference?

Re: Brand Matter or just Preference?

Quote Originally Posted by jcrawford View Post
    If you could that would be great, and I would appreciate it. Underhill VT is a bit far for me to drive without knowing the bike is in good shape
    Will contact them and try to look today.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow"
    Bikes: Ducati: 748 (Track) Honda: RC31 (Race/street)/ CRF 110 Mini Moto/ Hawk Endurance Racer Kawasaki: ZXR1200R
    BOMO Instructor
    EX# X

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I can go look at this one if you want. It is 5 minutes from me.
    That has European colors probably a Canadian import. My 929rr was one of my favorite bikes. Which is saying something since I've owned 35+ bikes

2WT

TYVM Doc.

@duganc1717 yep it states that it is a Canadian import.

Goodbye wife, hello bike! Father Ribs's Avatar

Would be cool if that works out for you; save you an oodle of dough.

2WT

Let the flaming begin....

I decided to actually go with the 2011 GSX-R only for a couple reasons.

1.) I had half down and they let the bike go OTD for $9,900
    2.) I am currently working a secure contract so I can pay that off over the next year

Now a few things I can agree with you guys on.. Dealers are dicks

On my CBR that was totaled I had all the warranties on the bike you could think of. Those warranties were part of that loan which was paid in full by the insurance company. I talked to the finance guy last night and he assured me all warranties that were paid in full would be transferred to the new bike and that I would not be double charged. He did state that some of the warranties were a bit more expensive on the Suzuki so I would have to pay a small amount (few hundred) to transfer them.

I had no issue with that. Well at the end of the evening when all the paperwork was drawn up I noticed the loan amount was $14,000+ I looked and said wait a minute. Why am I being charged for all new warranties? I think they were banking on the fact that I would be excited to get the new bike and just start signing which did not happen. They were trying to sneak all the new warranties and prepaid service agreement to the new loan. They tried so so hard to get me to keep them but I refused.

When I asked what happened to my 3 prepaid services I had left he said they were lost. I really do want this bike so I told them remove all warranties from the bike, the only thing I want to buy is the bike itself. They removed them and now I am going to fight with the dealer/bank to get the other warranties which are paid in full canceled and refunded and then just apply that money to the loan.

I checked and I had about $1920 in warranties that are only a couple months old so I should be able to get most of that back.

Shall they try to not honor the refund on the warranties I am going to tell them to keep the bike and give me back my check.

I feel this will be resolved though because the manager I have dealt with in the past has always be an upfront honest guy so I will be talking to him today.

I appreciate all of your feedback in this thread and just because I did not choose to go the used route does not mean I did not value your input.

FYI I went to look at a used bike from CL yesterday as well that said title in hand.. When I got there it was all the sudden misplaced so I just walked away from that one.

Flame On!

Last edited by jcrawford; 11-05-11 at 07:14 AM.

Good luck, and enjoy the new scoot.

Not the response you wanted? You spent too much, for power you're never going to use anyway.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

No deal, no check to them till the warranties are sorted. Once you hand them the check, they don't have to take the bike back, negating your threat.

2WT

I understand I spent for power I won't fully use, but that's the case with any bike. Unless you are on the track you will never use all the power, if you do ya better not stop for the blue lights that come behind you lol

I really do want you all to know I did value your feedback and appreciated all the criticism, feedback etc. I knew all of you would not agree with my decision but it really was a tough one for me to make.

I also took resale value into consideration. If I bought a cheap 3k bike now in a few years when I wanted something new I wouldn't have as much equity to work with.

I also took resale value into consideration. If I bought a cheap 3k bike now in a few years when I wanted something new I wouldn't have as much equity to work with.
    You should have MORE equity to work with, you'd have more cash due to the lower entry price and not having to make payments, and $6k of greenbacks has more buying power than a used bike with a book value of $6k.

You have a deal mostly negotiated, keep yourself in the driver's seat. You want the warranty issued dealt with before you give them anything, period. Get it in writing, THEN cut a check. No deal till then.

An OTD price is what you sign for..total, you ride it away for that!

If it is in fact true that you get cash back from unused warranty and service contracts, make that a separate deal and don't involve the new bike in it.

What most dealers don't tell you about extended warranties is, you can purchase it at any time as long as the bike is still covered under the manufacturers warranty, usually 1 year. Also, that extended warranty will be offered to you at 1/3 the cost when that 1st year is almost up...at least this has happened with every Yamaha I have bought.
    IMO, a complete waist of money anyways

Yamaha

2WT
    I understand what out the door price is. If I had 9900 to pay it would be. however there are finance charges for the bank loan and interest. I also had to pay tax title and registration which is why the loan went up to 11,000 I did get the bike for 9900 out the door.

Last edited by jcrawford; 11-05-11 at 07:47 AM.

Congrats on the new 2011 bike. Now you can make payments on it for the next 5 months without riding it till spring 2012.

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

I understand what out the door price is. If I had 9900 to pay it would be. however there are finance charges for the bank loan and interest. I also had to pay tax title and registration which is why the loan went up to 11,000 I did get the bike for 9900 out the door.
    If all else fails...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKtheZkR8H8

Yamaha

I'm sorry man. You seem to be a fairly bright cat, with zero common sense. I'm not going outta my way to be a raging asshole, but when EVERYONE with shitloads of motorbike experience, collectively, advises you to do one thing, and you then do the complete opposite it's unsettling, frankly.
    I really wish you the best with it, and hope it works out, but you could've had any number of quality, reliable, and probably already blinged bikes for way, way less than half of what you're about to pay.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

I know someone who did this last year... went out and paid a shit load of money for a bike and actually paid thousands extra for the dealer to do some minor stuff like a slip on and frame sliders I just laughed to myself when he told me how much it all came too. The sad thing, was the dealer sold him a 2010 model for the price of an 11'. Kid just didn't want to hear advice. I think all in all, he could have had 2 sick bikes for the money he spent.

LRRS am #121

"So this is what your race program has become... the back of a pickup truck huh?" -PK

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar

i bet you could pick up a sweet 919 or 599 for under $4100.
    since its not considered a sportbike, insurance would be pretty cheap. and the motors in both bikes are tried and true to be bulletproof

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

Lifer

I have no words.

Although, jcrawford, you aren't alone. I spent months helping a first-time-rider buddy review every CL listing for $3k SV's in New England, volunteered to go with im to look at bikes and even drag one home in my pickup. ... Then last spring he went out and bought a brand new cruiser from a dealer. With an extended warranty.

Last edited by nhbubba; 11-05-11 at 08:57 AM.

Equal opportnity offender Lxpony's Avatar

Let the flaming begin....

2.)

Dude- you made a big mistake but I appreciate you doing your part to improve the economy.

I hope you went with the 750cc and not the 600cc since the difference in price is negligible.

My advice- learn how to ride and stay off the highways since you cleary get distracted easily. Do some rides outside of the city to truely appreciate what a SS bike can do. Stop being so fucking paranoid about bike maintenance- they are very reliable these days. My 2001 GSXR 750 has been to 18 track days (ridden hard) and has almost 19k miles on it. All I have ever done to it is change fluids, tires, plugs and filters. Everything else is original. These bikes are meant to be ridden hard but they dont do so well when you ram them into the back of a Mazda SUV

Last edited by Lxpony; 11-05-11 at 08:59 AM.

2WT

Quote Originally Posted by Lxpony View Post
    Dude- you made a big mistake but I appreciate you doing your part to improve the economy.

I hope you went with the 750cc and not the 600cc since the difference in price is negligible.

My advice- learn how to ride and stay off the highways since you cleary get distracted easily. Do some rides outside of the city to truely appreciate what a SS bike can do. Stop being so fucking paranoid about bike maintenance- they are very reliable these days. My 2001 GSXR 750 has been to 18 track days (ridden hard) and has almost 19k miles on it. All I have ever done to it is change fluids, tires, plugs and filters. Everything else is original. These bikes are meant to be ridden hard but they dont do so well when you ram them into the back of a Mazda SUV
    I went with the 600 because they wanted 11k for the 750. I think they had a bunch of 600's to push. I also don't need a 750/1000 just yet maybe in a few years.

I generally am always paying attention. It was one time I let myself slip and have learned my lesson on that part.

color combo? And you know you need ASV levers and an Akra slip-on right?

Also- what gear do you ride with? I hope with a 10k bike you arent being cheap with wearing sneakers and "mechanix" gloves

You know, I rode for 3 months before getting my brand-new SV650 in 2005. I still have it, never been crashed, done track days with it, and I still love it. It's been paid off for over 3 years, and I didn't bother with extended warranties. I got fairings from the dealer and took a huge hit on my trade-in, but it was easier for me and was the route that I chose to go.

And you guys didn't give me nearly this much of a hard time...

Let him have the bike he wants, and if he chooses payments to do it, so be it. Sure he could have gotten a different bike cheaper, but he wanted this one. Don't assume that every person who runs out and buys a shiny new bike will toss it down the street within a few months (yes, even if it happened once already).

And jcrawford, stop asking for advice if you don't want it.

Executive Distributor - ItWorks! Global
    All-Natural Health, Wellness and Beauty www.kchristian.myitworks.com Supplements, Skin Care, Energy Drinks, and MORE!
    If you run into a wall with a helmet on, you still ran into a wall.

I re-state my previous post. You are a dealers dream

2012 Tiger 800 XC

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I can go look at this one if you want. It is 5 minutes from me.
    Hey Doc,
    I still regret getting rid of mine. I may be interested in this one - have to talk to my husband. Does that offer still apply?

the only normal people are the ones you don't know very well.

Quote Originally Posted by e30addict View Post
    I re-state my previous post. You are a dealers dream
    I bet they didn't even use lube.