Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Break in miles

Break in miles

We went out last night to scrub in the tires, so we could get right to it today. We went up to Higgins in barre to get an inspection sticker. We pull in and the sales guy comes out and looks at the bike and says " its not a dirt bike you know " Leah's response was " anything can be a dirt bike with the right tires"
    ( if you have ever been to my house you know how dirty my road is and even worse this time of year as its thawing out its more muddy than anything. the bikes were filthy ) After we got that out of the way we decided to head to the VBC for some lunch$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    It was a bit chilly in the morning so we stopped so I could put on warmer gloves, I figured I'd snap a couple pics of the little lady with her new bike.
    http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...0/100_0188.jpg
    http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...0/100_0187.jpg
    http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e4...0/100_0186.jpg

I got to take the bike for a little rip up and down a twistie road near my house ( the good one that leads to kens house)
    What a fun bike. It reminds me of a cross between a duc 748 for its skinny feel and a mulitstradda for its upright position and power delivery . Only difference is this bike is much cheaper and doesn't require road side valve adjustments.
    The position was comfortable , the bike is light and flickable especially with the wide handle bars instead of clip ons. The bike has pleanty of power for a 650 twin and 6th gear isn't boggy, pleanty of pep.

As most of the write ups boast it is a fun bike for an experienced rider but comfortable for a newbie as well.

We saw another one while out today it was the black one, unfortunatley it was on the side of the road with a couple other bikes , and an ambulance, fire truck, cop car and a few voulenteer fire fighters.
    They were loading a fallen rider into the ambulance his/her bike was a ninja 500 that was upright and on its kick stand but looked like it suffered damage from a lowside crash. We were on rt 19 North from CT into mass and there wasn't any sand in the road and the corner wasn't really much of a bend, not sure how they crashed. Hope everyone was alright.
    Be carefull out there folks, the roads are still quite shitty and the cagers are not used to seeing us on the roads again.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

Break in miles

Nice Ride Leah!!! Congrats on the new street ride!!!

Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

Break in miles

That is a sweet Kawi.

My breakin's have consited of pulling it out of the dealership, locking up the front brake, hitting the limiter, dumping the clutch, and scrubbing in the rear tire through 5 gears and half a tire. Then rolling away.

The crowd simply loves it.

KB

LRRS/CCS EX #13

GMD COMPUTRACK

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Break in miles

How do you/Leah like those face guard mask things? Been thinking about getting one for the Shoei but need a review of if it's worth the 20 bucks or not.?.

Bras cause cancer.

Wink wow you go girl

i'm verry suprized
    proud of her verry sexxxxxy indeed

www.bostonmoto.com

Forum Rules
    Heres a condom. I figured since youre acting like a dick, you should dress like one too.

Break in miles

Re face shields.

Well leah's helmet actually came with one of sorts removeable from the helmet. HJC AC-11.

But I have an older HJC so I bought one of the neoprene ones
    http://www.helmetharbor.com/gear/res...gy_opening.htm
    that velcros in. It seems to do the job. I was out sunday and it was a touch colder than sat plus I got into a bit of rain. It worked pretty well. The only time it didn't work too good was when it was drizzling out and I was in traffic goin gunder 20mph, but still better than with out it.

My only complaint is that because it velcros to the cheak pad I get a line on my face from where the mask was.

12 Vstrom 1000
    09 KLR 650
    09 Yamaha WR450F (street legal)

(hers)
    13 Vstrom 650ADV
    08 Yamaha WR250F(street legal )
    09 KLR650

I kick hippies...and Kham Nikon's Avatar

Break in miles

Originally posted by theothersean
    Re face shields.

Well leah's helmet actually came with one of sorts removeable from the helmet. HJC AC-11.

But I have an older HJC so I bought one of the neoprene ones
    http://www.helmetharbor.com/gear/res...gy_opening.htm
    that velcros in. It seems to do the job. I was out sunday and it was a touch colder than sat plus I got into a bit of rain. It worked pretty well. The only time it didn't work too good was when it was drizzling out and I was in traffic goin gunder 20mph, but still better than with out it.

My only complaint is that because it velcros to the cheak pad I get a line on my face from where the mask was.
    I would be looking at the velcro ones too. I find my shield fogging up occasionally and it's really annoying.

Bras cause cancer.