Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Brian_C6; confused about DTE and core 6

I believe we have ridden together. Introduced by Hunter and gixxer.com, the wife and I went on a "group" ride two years ago late in the season. We left Woburn Mall and headed up 128 to 95n.

Six cell phone calls later, we hit a road block on 95n. one guy on a silver zx12 ran.

The wife and I were the only ones out of 40 bikes riding two up.

If you were on that ride: nice flamingos and shit, we had a friggin riot!!!

A.) Were you on that ride?

B.) Did Chauncey sell DTE? What the frig is going on?

I'm all confused, help a brutha out!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Freestyle Street Rider Brian_C6's Avatar

This is a post I made awhile ago on our primary messageboard. It is taken out of context but rather than re-typing the story, here is what was said. This was during a stupid drama session, involving Johnny, but you'll get the overall idea...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    In a nutshell, Johnny decided one day to move to Florida. After 3 years, a team of 5 split (Chauncey, Johnny, Damien, Chris, and Brian). Things were fine when Johnny left but 1 by 1 he filtered us out. With constant attempts made by us "as a team" we tried to organize the situation with no response from Johnny. First, I was an asshole for not riding enough and being friends with his ex-wife. Damien was an asshole for calling him too much from home asking questions. Here Damien is, helping to keep DTE alive in Boston and Johnny's getting pissed. WTF? Then Chauncey was an asshole for riding with Kyle in Florida and not wearing his jacket enough at events. Are you for real Johnny? My question is, were we really assholes for these actions or was it because he just didn't NEED us anymore? We tried countless times to meet with him, talk with him, face him like real men for the things we heard.... we wanted OUR friendship and DTE to survive... you know, nail it all down. We got nothing back from him. It seemed he couldn't face us... ANY of us. We made 1 final meeting when Johnny came home and he didn't show. We felt we were forced to leave. Who really knows why he didn't want to meet with us... I just know we are happy with decision we made. We decided to stay together without Johnny and move on. We are completely happy that through it all, we realized who the bad seed was. DTE is still together in my mind because the real DTE, what DTE stood for, and what DTE meant to each one of us, is still here.... it's just called Core 6 now and we are stronger than ever.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

PS. I remember riding with you. We're all still doing the same thing just a little better... and more professional. I hope to ride again with you (and your wife) again sometime soon.

Lata,
    Bri

Thanks man.

We always supported Chauncey and DTE because we rode that day. Honestly? We never even heard of stunters or that side of the culture before then. Hunter was a little concerned about if we had a good time, he knows us better now!!
    We dumped off at Salisbury to avoid the Hampton toll back-up, waited at the beach for a while, and then started drinking. We saw you form our balcony bar, and heard you guys went to a "quiet" area to practice. Also heard about the broken ankle.

I'll say it again, that ride was one of the best we have ever been on! Watching flamingos, highchairs and knak-knacks, splitting lanes, yowza, I could hang with these guys!!

We also met Pg_ryder that day too. We were behind a guy on a honda and he was getting VERY nervous about how close to his rear I was. Pg' swept by to the outside on the on-ramp, my wife pointed to him, I nodded and fell in behind Paul. Paul made it a point to look me up next ride, give me props for my skillz. We've been good friends since. I wish he was still out here.

Thanks again Brian, we'll have to order up some Core_6 tee shirts now.

Later,
    -D&B

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Freestyle Street Rider Brian_C6's Avatar

Yeah, that's right. Didn't Paul move to Cali? Hunter moved out there too huh? Damn!!

That day was total mayhem. I remember. The whole highway and ramp was shut down. I had a 929 at the time. What a mess. LOL!! Good 'o times.

Lata,
    Bri