Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

briefcase case

briefcase case

Curious what you hard core commuters do with briefcases/computer bags when you are commuting. I have a standard leather/canvas computer bag that I strap on the back seat with Roc straps. This works up until the point when it rains. It is also a pain to strap it down every time. The bag will not fit in me saddle bags (great design there). I was thinking of getting a pelican case or similar to hard connect on the rear deck, kind of like a pillion case but smaller. Anyone have an idea??

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Have you seen my baseball GingahNinjah's Avatar

Re: briefcase case

anyone ever handcuff their briefcase to their wrist whilst commuting just to watch peoples reactions when they notice it??

https://www.facebook.com/LRRSBT1R #54 EX 2007 SV650 "Work hard. Play harder. Die broke and happy!" Boston Tier 1 Racing Pirelli Tires Woodcraft-CFM Armorbodies Penguin Racing School Vortex Shorai Batteries DP Brakes Riders Discount SIDI Leatt

Ummmmmmmmmm they went out in the 80's FYI......it’s now those courier Bags that are cool

Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post
    Curious what you hard core commuters do with briefcases/computer bags when you are commuting. I have a standard leather/canvas computer bag that I strap on the back seat with Roc straps. This works up until the point when it rains. It is also a pain to strap it down every time. The bag will not fit in me saddle bags (great design there). I was thinking of getting a pelican case or similar to hard connect on the rear deck, kind of like a pillion case but smaller. Anyone have an idea??
    Wolfman makes a business commuter bag that accommodates laptops and more if you need to commute with clothes, food, etc.. I use an Osprey Momentum Bag that has a large laptop sleeve against the pad with a large velcro tab seal to keep the laptop from moving. The Osprey bag has worked out exceptionally well. I added some closed cell foam to the front of the waist clip so it wouldn't scrape my tank shell. Plenty of cinch straps on this bag to accomodate larger or smaller loads. M

2012 BMW F800R

I have about 6 "work bags", inclusive of all kinds of bags including some courier bags. People give them to me as gifts. Anyway, none are the true hard briefcase, I just use that term, but most importantly none are water proof. Oh, and none came with handcuffs...

Lifer

I have a Givi Trekker 33 on a toprack that just fits my messenger bag (Timbuk2) and a change of clothes. It works out pretty well.

I use a Pelican Case. I just bungy it to the back seat. I am pretty confident it could fall off at speed and not hurt my laptop. I have not worries at all about riding in the rain either.
    I bought one with diced foam and plucked it out to be a snug fit.

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Tourmaster Tank bag. On my last computer replacemnet I told them to get me a 13" computer. drops in nicely vs the 15" I have a rain cover for the tank bag.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

Quote Originally Posted by Rada View Post
    ... I am pretty confident it could fall off at speed and not hurt my laptop.
    I'd be concerned about the traffic behind me and what it could do to the case. I have an addiction to my laptops (especially since I've paid for them myself), so they're always on my body whether on the bike or bicycle or in the airport. I still think it's a good practice.

2012 BMW F800R

briefcase case-1765-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by nt650hawk View Post
    Tourmaster Tank bag. On my last computer replacemnet I told them to get me a 13" computer. drops in nicely vs the 15" I have a rain cover for the tank bag.
    this

Sam

Considering I don't have a Hondapotamus, that isn't an option. (I have a Yamahippo)

Rada, do you know which case you have?

Rockland, Assachusetts U Know South Shore

Gino
    HAWK GT Racer Expert #929
    2012 CCS LRRS ULSB Champion
    2012 CCS LRRS P89 Champion
    2008 CCS ULSB National Champion
    ECKRACING Bridgestone Street & Competition Woodcraft MOTUL On Track Media Pine Motorparts Vanson Leathers

It's a backpack, not a briefcase, but I use this:

Ogio Less Drag Backpack. It's not quite hardshell, but it is pretty stiff with a decently padded laptop compartment.

Last edited by Evadd; 11-01-12 at 09:51 AM.

Swiss army backpack. Fits my laptop iPad and a change of clothes.
    It's not waterproof but it's comfortable an it will not rip off ever. Retail for $100 got it clearance for 40$.

I do have a back pack in my stable. I don't like riding with it, I can sometimes have a lot of weight in it and 50+ minute commute is irritating. The main issue here is waterproof.

Before hondapotamus, I too backpacked.

I didn't worry about water proof, I just ziplocked all of the contents of my bag, including my laptop.
    http://www.amazon.com/Ziploc-Double-.../dp/B003U6A3EY for the laptop bag. Other stuff went in smaller ziplocs.

Lifer

Rain-proof hard side cases are a gift from gaaawd.

Quote Originally Posted by Falko View Post
    Considering I don't have a Hondapotamus, that isn't an option. (I have a Yamahippo)

Rada, do you know which case you have?
    I believe it is the 1495. I have a HP HDX18 that I tote around in it on the back of my Yamahippo.

I have been using it practically every day for the last 3 or 4 years. It really is a solid case.
    http://pelicancase.com/medium_pelican_cases.html#1495

Here it is in action on the Yamalogtruck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails briefcase case-253931_1580116761715_3128323_n-jpg  

Last edited by Rada; 11-01-12 at 11:27 AM.

Perfect, that's the bike I'll be putting mine on as well. Thanks!

Lifer

I just use a cheap courier style man bag. It was a freebie at one of the Wire & Cable expo's sometime in my past. It is cheap enough to be considered "disposable", but it has held up for several years. The strap length is just long enough that I can get it over my head, with my helmet on. I usually swing it around to my back, where it kind of rests on the seat when riding.
    I have been watching and looking for a new one. Most of them have many pockets - I don't want that. Many have buttons, snaps, and latches, I prefer zippers. Some are insulated, which makes them unnecessarily bulky, IMO. I just like a simple, single or double pocket, decent looking bag, with a strap long enough t go over my helmeted head.
    I'll be expecting a nice new one this Christmas, though... Hopefully, it fits and wears as well as the one I have been using.

My icon tank bag fits a 15" laptop.
    I have a maxpedition back/courier style back that I wear on the wr250.
    I also have a kriega 20 that fits a 15" laptop.
    The Kriega is waterpoof, but I have it configured as a tail bag and I don't really like riding with it.

In the other bags, I just throw the laptop in thick plastic bag.
    Maybe ghetto, but it works.

Jesse's - fits a large laptop bag, can't spill open and is pretty secure.

On the Tiger I bought some Trax, used, haven't installed them yet. The factory bags were so rounded they wouldn't fit anything.

I have givi e21s on my side racks, it will fit a 13" laptop perfect and most of my extra work clothes and they are pretty damn waterproof. Only time they ever got any water in them was when my cover turned into a sail during a weekend we had 50+mph winds when i was living in narragansett and the bike ended up on its side for the long weekend while my lazy ass roommate did nothing to pick it up. and even then it only got about 1cm of water in them, moisture really

I've used an old Chase Harper laptop bag for years, but they don't make it anymore. It's almost perfect because it looks like a regular soft-sided briefcase, it takes about 10 seconds to strap it to the bike with built-in bungee cords, and it's big enough for work stuff, gym stuff, and lunch. The only drawback is no rain cover.

DanG
    People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.
    - Blaise Pascal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast