Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 53

Bring Back Loudon

  1. #26
    Littering and........
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    7,231

    Bring Back Loudon


    Originally posted by cbrf41999
    Also the problem wouldnt be the cash to build the track out there in the surronding land. It would be the other infrastructure that would need to be built as well. Just my assumption of course. bathrooms, seating, pits, and tons of stuff I am sure I have no clue about.
    They did a bunch of paving in the back of the track, next to Animal Hill a few years back. The Audi club rented that track and used it for a car control clinic in 2002. If they integrated that into the existing track and removed all of the barriers at T3, that would solve quite a few safety issues, IMO.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #27
    Soul Rider Paul_E_D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    western, MA
    Age
    51
    Posts
    14,998

    Bring Back Loudon

    The quote is from the daytona tire test going on right now. Mladin hit a wall and is hospitalized.

    Daytona has EXACTLY the same problem as Loudon, and they are going 180 plus!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Paul_E_D


  3. #28
    Lifer Ken C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Western MA
    Age
    60
    Posts
    1,420

    Bring Back Loudon

    The difference is speed. I crashed in turn 2 and barely touched the barriers before I came to rest. I know others have hit the airfence pretty hard, but there's not a lot of speed through turn 2 to make the lack of runoff as big a concern as many believe. But at the speeds the fast experts go, it becomes more of a problem.

    The biggest concern is when something terribly wrong happens, such as mechanical failure, or a tangle of bikes, or a particularly nasty highside. That's when there is no room for careening bikes and riders to go.

    There is a lot the track could do to improve things. It's not like they're not aware of it. With environmental/ zoning issues, etc. as well as the return on their investment, it's not likely to happen.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #29
    Super Moderator legalspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Somersworth, NH
    Age
    59
    Posts
    4,629

    Bring Back Loudon

    I think one of Jerry's points is; if you look at the safety records of all the tracks, NHIS is one of the safest, so why predicate droping the venue on safety?

    Paul, is that a quote from them using the new layout? Ouch.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

  5. #30
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,126,345

    Bring Back Loudon

    Fuck the AMA and their Loudon Nationals. You think the track isn't safe? Stop trying to break the fuckin' record every time you race there then. Going slow's easy out there. I do it all the time!

    Admittedly, New England could use a m/c designed race track. I think if they could put it somewhere, it'd thrive and prosper...

    Motorcycle Rally & Race Week (Bike Week) has been going as strong as ever with the F-USA races taking place for a few years now...

    NHIS doesn't make shit off the AMA races. For this reason, they won't invest in the track for m/c racing. When Nextel Cup races they get all they want. Every other year they repave the NASCAR oval's turns (they say it's four, I only really see two!) at NASCAR'S request...

    Fuggit. I gotta go...



    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  6. #31
    Senior Member Green Hornet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Connecticut
    Age
    46
    Posts
    494

    Bring Back Loudon

    Mat Mladin has said that he will never race at Loudon, and as long as he's part of that riders safety board, AMA at Loudon will never happen.

    Secondly, why do people want the AMA at Loudon anyways? Thats just one raceweekend that everyone can't race. If we had like 15 race weekends a season fine, but when its 8, thats a big chunk.

    Stop trying to break the fuckin' record every time you race there then.
    Isn't the whole point of racing to be the fastest (which means breaking previous records)?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    on and on, South of Heaven


  7. #32
    Kosher Assassin Stoneman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Center Barnstead, NH
    Posts
    1,126,345

    Bring Back Loudon

    Originally posted by Green Hornet
    Isn't the whole point of racing to be the fastest (which means breaking previous records)?
    The fastest for THAT race. If it means slowing it down by say, ONE second to stay in one piece, could it be THAT difficult? Staying safe is a big part of racing too. And a lot of that also falls on the riders shoulders...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

  8. #33
    Littering and........
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    7,231

    Bring Back Loudon

    Originally posted by Stoneman
    The fastest for THAT race. If it means slowing it down by say, ONE second to stay in one piece, could it be THAT difficult? Staying safe is a big part of racing too. And a lot of that also falls on the riders shoulders...
    But its a racetrack. Who wants to race with that thought looming in the back of their head?

    BTW, I read an article with an interview of Mladin after the crash at Daytona. He is a man of many excuses.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #34
    Super Moderator legalspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Somersworth, NH
    Age
    59
    Posts
    4,629

    Bring Back Loudon

    Originally posted by highsider
    But its a racetrack. Who wants to race with that thought looming in the back of their head?

    You'd better have that thought in the back of your head. If not, you will join me in the Concord hospital's waiting room on a rainy day because you forgot to slow down and ride safe.

    I agree with greenie, but will do what I am asked by the race director.
    I think Jerry's incentive is that the AMA crowd brings in some bucks, without it, we are that much more behind NASCAR in consideration.

    I like the track we have. If you learn here you will be that much more advanced.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

  10. #35
    Member cbrf41999's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Nashua, NH
    Age
    45
    Posts
    341

    Bring Back Loudon

    Without the AMA there there is alot less people showing up. I am not for sure going this next year. I have gone in the past. While it is great to see the race, especially knowing many members of this board will be outhere. Its alot of cake to shove out, when I can go on the other dates and see you guys race for $10 for the day. I love racing, I watch pro's, Amateurs it dont matter. But cost is a issue. This past year, I know of 5 people that would have gone, and have gone for 20+ years if the AMA was still in town. And all those guys have gone to watch LRRS races, so it is not a knock to those guys.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #36
    Super Moderator legalspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Somersworth, NH
    Age
    59
    Posts
    4,629

    Bring Back Loudon

    Originally posted by cbrf41999
    Without the AMA there there is alot less people showing up. I am not for sure going this next year. I have gone in the past. While it is great to see the race, especially knowing many members of this board will be outhere. Its alot of cake to shove out, when I can go on the other dates and see you guys race for $10 for the day. I love racing, I watch pro's, Amateurs it dont matter. But cost is a issue. This past year, I know of 5 people that would have gone, and have gone for 20+ years if the AMA was still in town. And all those guys have gone to watch LRRS races, so it is not a knock to those guys.
    I think I'm catching your point; the $60 gate fee for bike week (Now formula USA) is a carry over from when AMA pro races were held there. So, we are now getting over charged.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

  12. #37
    Lifer SEVENSGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Warwick, RI
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,224

    Bring Back Loudon

    but the question is would more folks show up for a $40 week vs. those that pay the $60, I know I would make it a point

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #38
    Lifer Karaya One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Springfield, Mass
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,104

    Bring Back Loudon

    Me? I wouldn't pay $10.00 to watch Degsy or Jay race.

    No fucking way.


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Putting his hands in the air, like he just doesn't care.
    Check out my eBay store!
    Dave - Motorace - Michelin

  14. #39
    Angry Gumball RandyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Farmington, NH
    Age
    69
    Posts
    15,230

    Bring Back Loudon

    Originally posted by highsider

    BTW, I read an article with an interview of Mladin after the crash at Daytona. He is a man of many excuses.
    excuses are like assholes, everybody has one

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject

  15. #40
    Don't bother me! R7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Yamaha Blvd
    Age
    48
    Posts
    14,172

    Bring Back Loudon

    Originally posted by highsider
    BTW, I read an article with an interview of Mladin after the crash at Daytona. He is a man of many excuses.
    Welcome to 10 years ago And of coarse we all know it couldn't have been his fault

    He's a jerk to his team mates, a jerk to his fellow racers and a jerk to his fans

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

    A Big Powerful Sportbike

  16. #41
    Lifer bentbryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rye, NH
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,528

    Bring Back Loudon

    It's 'cause he's Australian.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by bentbryan; 01-08-05 at 02:19 PM.

    2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400



  17. #42
    Everybody to the limit!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Winchester, MA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,856

    Bring Back Loudon

    Originally posted by Ken C
    The difference is speed. I crashed in turn 2 and barely touched the barriers before I came to rest. I know others have hit the airfence pretty hard, but there's not a lot of speed through turn 2 to make the lack of runoff as big a concern as many believe. But at the speeds the fast experts go, it becomes more of a problem.

    The biggest concern is when something terribly wrong happens, such as mechanical failure, or a tangle of bikes, or a particularly nasty highside. That's when there is no room for careening bikes and riders to go.

    There is a lot the track could do to improve things. It's not like they're not aware of it. With environmental/ zoning issues, etc. as well as the return on their investment, it's not likely to happen.
    Turn two scares the pants off of me, and I ride quite slow compared to most of you all out there. But whenever I'm driving out of 1A and see those walls looming up 12 feet from the apex, it freaks me out and I slow down. As a result, I feel that my corner speed through turn two and my drive into the turn 2-3 straight suffers.

    Why am I performing thread necromancy? Because it's the weekend before the first race weekend, and I know a big part of a good lap time up there is going to be taking my skirt off and getting a good drive out of two. But I can't help imagining myself crumpled up against a concrete wall every time I go through there and it always makes me want to chop the throttle in that awful choppy turn two mess that I'm not all that cool through to begin with.

    Turn three and ten challenge me, but they don't spook me, I feel safe going through them at the speeds that I'm at. But turn two makes me into a giant pussy. Is it all in my head? Tell me it is, I really want to shake off the anticipation and drive through that turn like I've seen so many others do in the past...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  18. #43
    Super Moderator OreoGaborio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    MA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    38,026

    Bring Back Loudon

    I had a guy lowside his 1000rr about 30 feet in front of me comin outta two.... he didn't even come CLOSE to the wall.... kind of a funny turn to be scared of IMO.... definitly a mental thing, bro.

    http://bikepics.com/pictures/408124/

    PLENTY of room

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Pete LRRS/CCS #82 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

    The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

  19. #44
    Everybody to the limit!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Winchester, MA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,856

    Bring Back Loudon

    Probably goes back to my first trackday, back in May of '04. The track was shut down for a while while they carted a rider out in an ambulance who crashed in turn 2.

    For the remainder of the sessions, there was a dark black skid mark from the apex of turn 2 all the way to the wall. It's an image that got burned into my head, probably because it was my first trackday, but I've never been able to shake it and I've ridden like a pussy (especially) through that corner ever since.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  20. #45
    Super Moderator OreoGaborio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    MA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    38,026

    Bring Back Loudon

    actually I put that mark there w/ a giant crayon..... sorry bout that

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    -Pete LRRS/CCS #82 - ECK Racing, TonysTrackDays
    GMD Computrack Boston | Pine Motorparts/PBE Specialists | Phoenix Graphics | Woodcraft | MTag-Pirelli | OnTrack Media

    The Garage: '03 Tuono | '06 SV650

  21. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Kingston NH
    Age
    62
    Posts
    529

    Bring Back Loudon

    I agree with Joel. I wonder why the owners don't invest in a true road course. Ok, I know it is all about money, but why are there several new road courses popping up around the country. So far I haven't heard of any serious profitability issues, at least in the pages of RRW. Maybe, build it, promote it, and they will come??
    In the same breath, that Tamworth track, whats up with that?
    I honestly don't see how a "motorsports country club" can fly for the long run. You should never forget us blue collar wrench turning Joes. I am a fan of "grass roots racing"! As far as Tanworth is concerned, we shouldn't be priced out of consideration.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  22. #47
    Member lee955i's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Winter Haven, FL.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    181

    Bring Back Loudon

    Don't worry, Honclfibr, I ground out and crashed in 2 on my EX and made it to the soft barriers. They're quite comfy if you don't hit them real hard .
    2 never bothered me, even after the crash there. I also had nooo problem in 3 as sooo many novices were afraid of it. I could pass 2 at a clip there consistently. I could never get 6 right, though. Total pussy and, i'll bet, lost a second a lap there. The track is what it is. On an EX, it was a hoot. I don't think I would want to ride it, fast, on a superbike.
    Cheers, Lee S.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I know i'm slow, you don't have to rub it in.
    Why, Yes! I do think you're a Wanker!

  23. #48
    Lifer bentbryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rye, NH
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,528

    Bring Back Loudon

    Originally posted by Honclfibr
    Probably goes back to my first trackday, back in May of '04. The track was shut down for a while while they carted a rider out in an ambulance who crashed in turn 2.

    For the remainder of the sessions, there was a dark black skid mark from the apex of turn 2 all the way to the wall. It's an image that got burned into my head, probably because it was my first trackday, but I've never been able to shake it and I've ridden like a pussy (especially) through that corner ever since.
    That's nuthin'! The year-before-last, there was an big mess in 2. To make a long story short, when all was 'cleaned-up' there was still quite a red stain on the track from what the speedy-dry couldn't pick up. But don't worry, it's all in your head!


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400



  24. #49
    FUCK OFF Hardcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    norwood ma
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,949

    Bring Back Loudon

    Originally posted by bentbryan
    That's nuthin'! The year-before-last, there was an big mess in 2. To make a long story short, when all was 'cleaned-up' there was still quite a red stain on the track from what the speedy-dry couldn't pick up. But don't worry, it's all in your head!

    don't let this chucklefuck spook ya---the guy broke his nose in 2 + bled a shitload from it !

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  25. #50
    Lifer bentbryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rye, NH
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,528

    Bring Back Loudon

    Actually you're wrong shithead. Par for the course, eh?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    2003 Yamaha R6
    1999 Yamaha YZ400



Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BRing Back 2Wheeled tuesday
    By FireFly in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-10-06, 07:05 AM
  2. Time to bring back controversial forum!
    By MissTwisties in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-06-04, 10:26 AM
  3. Petition to bring AMA back to Loudon
    By Green Hornet in forum Pit Area
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-04-04, 10:42 AM
  4. Bring Indian back home.
    By Degsy in forum General Bike Related
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-23-04, 06:09 PM
  5. I gotta bring it back
    By R7 in forum Dirty Bastards
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-14-03, 06:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •