Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

I broke it already

Unhappy I broke it already

After 3 short rides, i'm back at the dealer ordering parts for the new 450 I musta got hung up on a root at some point and bent a tie rod. I took the focker off to bend it back and all seemed well but it's now busted where it was bent Good news is, it's only an $8 part, i ordered 2 to have an extra one.

Was a bad weekend for dirt toys i guess, my friend blew his 4th transmission (not 4th gear, it's the 4th time it's happened) in the CRaptor, and there were other various bike failures that day as well

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Yamaha

I broke it already

Oh, and i do have 1 complaint about the thing and i'm not sure what would cause it or why it'd do it?
    There is absolutly NO feel to the shifter. It shifts so smooth and so easy, it causes a major problem. When landing a jump if i don't stay on the gas, it downshifts by itself I guess letting off the gas unloads the transmission and the force of the landing clicks the shifter down? I'd stay on the gas but landing in wheelies gets a bit ugly sometimes..
    Also, when i unload it from my truck, sometimes it clicks down to first when the front wheels hit the ground

Yamaha

Just Registered

weird

shit I hope it doesent do that midrace , then what?

so is this the excuse for the weekend, or what?

My 2 vices, not necessarily in order:
    www.gpsdiscussion.com
    motorcycleaddicts.org

I broke it already

Excuse for the weekend? I didn't even know i had plans
    It's the same part as the Craptor so they say so i should have them by thursday..

Well, i do have a minimoto race on saturday

A "YZ spec" cam mod, slip-on (not sure what brand yet) jet change, and some airbox mods are all in the near future
    Maybe even a gearing change, the 14 counter shaft and the 38 rear seem a bit tall

Yamaha

Just Registered

I broke it already

Its ok, we wouldnt let you down so we made some for you

Slipon - GYTr, but then again - big gun makes some odd new stuff sposed to be good for ****'s.

gears? definetely - that thing will rev to the moon, no use having gearing so tall you'll only reach it on the moon.

what time sunday?

www.gpsdiscussion.com
    motorcycleaddicts.org

I broke it already

I like the GYT-R stuff but i'm not into paying $450 for a slip-on on a quad, and it doesn't perform any better than a HMF or Yoshimura that costs $200 less. I know the quality of the Yoshi from the Craptor and i also like their spark arrest system so that would be the system i'm favoring as of now

As for this weekend? It's looking like i have to work Sunday and Monday (monday is a holiday), i'll know for sure tomorrow. I'm not backing out of my saturday plans (minimoto race) but i was asked to work. I can't turn away 2 days of double time to go riding
    Maybe the following sunday?

Yamaha

Just Registered

I see how it is...

me me me me me me, all the time...fine, be that way.

have fun @ work yo, Im jealous I dont get o/t|d/t myself...or Id prolly be there as well

www.gpsdiscussion.com
    motorcycleaddicts.org

I broke it already

Spent some cash today
    I ordered the HMF slip-on with the USFA spark arrest and the recomended jets to rejet the carb. I think a new needle comes with it as well?
    Not quite sure what to do with the gearing. In the past, i've dropped 1 or 2 teeth on the countershaft rather than up the rear sprocket and end up losing a little ground/skidplate/chain clearance. Only being a 38, i think i can afford to jump to a 40 without much trouble. If it isn't enough, i'll drop 1 tooth up front.
    And me being the clean freak i am with my toys, i finally had to brake down and go get a power washer. It would take me 2-2 1/2 hours to fully clean the beast after a ride The 5hp Honda, 2500 psi should do the trick

So, when will the next outing at the whiteČ be?

Yamaha

Ohh goodie

HMF pipe has arrived It sure is purdy!!! Not on the bike yet but it "looks" loud. I'll install the pipe and jet kit after work tomorrow

Yamaha

I broke it already

Oh yeah, it's a loud one
    Holy fucking power increase mang
    I'm afraid...veeeeery afraid!!!!

Had to be the easiest carb i ever jetted, it took less than a half hour to put the pipe on and rejet

Yamaha