Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

so i broke my street cherry (and my bike)

i'm an idiot. coming left out of my apt. driveway fail to notice the wet double yellow. spin left, launch right. first time a streetbike has dumped me. it was fun.

i live on 114 at the moment, i'm just glad i didn't get run over by traffic after highsiding.

i'm also glad my gear came a couple days ago. right now i can barely use my right arm (shoulder fucked) and my right big toe is all swollen and blue. would be interesting to see how i would've fared minus the jacket and boots.

snapped the right clip-on, plastic obviously fucked... mirror... not sure what else yet. pictures later. i love to spend money. fuck.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2007 GSX-R600
    1997 ZX-9R (sold)
    1979 RD400F Daytona Special (sold - i know, i know)
    Had at one point or another for off-road: KX125, Four-trax 250R, 250 3wheeler, XR250, XR400

A less than 10 mph highside? That takes skill!

Glad you are OK!

"...i would seriously bite somebody right in the balls..." -bump909

On a Canadian Sport Tour about 7 years ago, following the route that led through a small town in Maine, (132 to 156 in Weld), I watched aghast, as the rear tire of my friends ZX9R spun as if on ice, in the fresh yellow paint. Time slowed down as the ZX lay gently on its side, rear tire still spinning in protest, and slid uphill in a vague counterclockwise motion for 25 feet. My friend bounced immediately to his feet and was bent over the now silent ZX before I had a chance to decide where to park.

Once we were sure that he was OK we backed off from the heat emanating from him as his anger began manifesting itself and he assessed the damage. Remarkably the result was some minor scratches and cracks but nothing that would limit riding in any way. After a few minutes of self-flagellation he gathered himself and allowed me to apply first aid to a quarter sized leather burn on his arm. Although a Band-Aid would have been sufficient, I insisted on tape, a gauze patch, and a healthy dose of neosporin.

The rest of that trip was fantastic but I learned a valuable lesson. (Validated again years later by a wet road stripe that gave me a pucker that left me tight as a pre-pubescent virgin for a couple of hours!)

WATCH OUT FOR ROAD STRIPES!!!!

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Just Registered Crash Dummy Denno's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DucDave View Post
    On a Canadian Sport Tour about 7 years ago, following the route that led through a small town in Maine, (132 to 156 in Weld), I watched aghast, as the rear tire of my friends ZX9R spun as if on ice, in the fresh yellow paint. Time slowed down as the ZX lay gently on its side, rear tire still spinning in protest, and slid uphill in a vague counterclockwise motion for 25 feet. My friend bounced immediately to his feet and was bent over the now silent ZX before I had a chance to decide where to park.

Once we were sure that he was OK we backed off from the heat emanating from him as his anger began manifesting itself and he assessed the damage. Remarkably the result was some minor scratches and cracks but nothing that would limit riding in any way. After a few minutes of self-flagellation he gathered himself and allowed me to apply first aid to a quarter sized leather burn on his arm. Although a Band-Aid would have been sufficient, I insisted on tape, a gauze patch, and a healthy dose of neosporin.

The rest of that trip was fantastic but I learned a valuable lesson. (Validated again years later by a wet road stripe that gave me a pucker that left me tight as a pre-pubescent virgin for a couple of hours!)

WATCH OUT FOR ROAD STRIPES!!!!

Denno - CCS|LRRS EX#49
    2006 Yamaha R6
    LRRS Rookie of the Year 2008

pffftt wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by 978chris View Post
    i'm an idiot. coming left out of my apt. driveway fail to notice the wet double yellow. spin left, launch right. first time a streetbike has dumped me. it was fun.

i live on 114 at the moment, i'm just glad i didn't get run over by traffic after highsiding.

i'm also glad my gear came a couple days ago. right now i can barely use my right arm (shoulder fucked) and my right big toe is all swollen and blue. would be interesting to see how i would've fared minus the jacket and boots.

snapped the right clip-on, plastic obviously fucked... mirror... not sure what else yet. pictures later. i love to spend money. fuck.

ahh don't feel bad. i did the same thing last fall on a wet drain cover taking a right out of the driveway. tore up my knees alittle and rashed the bike pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by l3uddha View Post
    ooo that poor, pretty bike.

hey if you wanted to make it look more like mine, I could have given you a few pointers other than crashing it...

glad you're alright Chris!!!!
    ya oh well my bikes never stay pretty for long.

aftermarket clipons and rearsets before i was planning on it?

fuck me but my arm hurts... leaving work..

oh btw mirror isn't fucked... thank you suzuki for folding stalks. they work. actual parts that need to be replaced:

right clipon
    right rearset
    right tail fairing
    right engine fairing
    rear brake lever

scratches on the case covers and stock exhaust cover (who cares) will be handled by Black Sharpie (the anodizing pen as we like to call it at work).

2007 GSX-R600
    1997 ZX-9R (sold)
    1979 RD400F Daytona Special (sold - i know, i know)
    Had at one point or another for off-road: KX125, Four-trax 250R, 250 3wheeler, XR250, XR400