Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

So I brought my bike in for the 600 mile service and this is what happened...

So I brought my bike in for the 600 mile service and this is what happened...

So I brought my bike in for the 600 mile service and a few things just happened to end up on it while I was there...

An Evoluzione slave cylinder, a DP clutch cover & pressure plate and SpeedyMoto stainless springs and caps...

I had mixed feelings about the blue at first, but it seemed like everyone had red. But after seeing it, I wouldn't have done it any other way.

And since this thread would be worthless without pictures, here we go...

Shane

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by medic001918; 04-02-10 at 06:29 PM.

Re: So I brought my bike in for the 600 mile service and this is what happened...

and this is a multistrada?
    just wondering, i have short arms and deep pockets and still i'm lusting after a ms. no doubt you like yours?

Re: So I brought my bike in for the 600 mile service and this is what happened...

pretty sure its a 1098s

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    pretty sure its a 1098s
    Yup. That's the one.

Shane

If it's a 1098S you must have a big ego.....er...ahh...from what I'm told anyway.

Nice mods. I went with the open clutch cover but went silver for my clutch plates. I love the open clutch cover look. I'm still debating (rather, trying to talk the wife into getting me the Termi full system for mine. Oh, how bad I want a set of Termi's!!!!!!!.. Over 2k though is a steep price...

**EDIT**

By the way, You gotta take some q-tips to the little holes in your frame, I see a bit of dust in there...

Quote Originally Posted by naked-daytrader View Post
    Nice mods. I went with the open clutch cover but went silver for my clutch plates. I love the open clutch cover look. I'm still debating (rather, trying to talk the wife into getting me the Termi full system for mine. Oh, how bad I want a set of Termi's!!!!!!!.. Over 2k though is a steep price...
    so your bike might be louder than mine? i'd like to hear your bike with that exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by naked-daytrader View Post
    By the way, You gotta take some q-tips to the little holes in your frame, I see a bit of dust in there...
    wow, really to notice

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

Quote Originally Posted by DBConz View Post
    so your bike might be louder than mine? i'd like to hear your bike with that exhaust.

wow, really to notice
    Ducs sound so bad ass with Termi's....

This thing sounds badass!!!!! Half way through the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFDRLAZDxcQ&feature=related

Tasty!

Quote Originally Posted by medic001918 View Post
    So I brought my bike in for the 600 mile service and a few things just happened to end up on it while I was there...

An Evoluzione slave cylinder, a DP clutch cover & pressure plate and SpeedyMoto stainless springs and caps...

I had mixed feelings about the blue at first, but it seemed like everyone had red. But after seeing it, I wouldn't have done it any other way.

And since this thread would be worthless without pictures, here we go...

Shane
    Shane did the evoluzione sc help make pulling in the clutch easier or the same?

Mike

05 636
    Green Machine

07 Husky sm510

It lightened it up quite a bit. It's a mod that's well worth doing in my opinion. I don't think it lightened it up as much as it could have since I changed the springs to speedymoto stainless springs and they seem a bit stiffer. I've pulled the clutch of a 1098 with the slave and stock springs and the difference was huge.

For the Termi's, it is steep. I didn't really need any more power than the bike already has. I was looking for looks and sound. I couldn't fall in love with the look of the Termi slip-on's and bought my Akrapovic slip-on's for a good price. I'm pleased with them and the look flows rather well with the bike. The Termi's have a slightly different sound though.

I was talking to the dealer today during the service and they said they get about 5 hours of labor to install of a full termi system. At $88 an hour, that's a large jump to an already expensive set up if you plan to have the dealer do the work. I've decided with this bike I'm going to let the dealer handle the service so that I have a good record when I trade it in or sell it eventually. I figure Ducati owner's tend to be picky and meticulous so it can't hurt. It might cost more initially, but hopefully I'll recover some in the sale someday.

Shane

Nice... I've got an Evo clutch slave on my bike... they're nice. To be honest though... I had flushed and bled the system right before deciding to upgrade and that alone helped with the clutch pull. The replacement of the slave after lightened it up a little more, but not drastically. From what I've heard the STM slave helps more, but as Shane mentioned... the springs you have and the clutch pack have a lot to do with it too.

2003 ZX7R
    1995 916