Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

buell xb12r seat height

buell xb12r seat height

for you buell owners out there. i sat on the xb12r at the dealer and i couldnt even tippy toe the thing on either side it was so tall. im 5'7 and i can at least tippy toe on all the sport bikes ive sat on. was this a dealer thing or are they all this high? i really like the bike but def. cant buy it if they are all this high

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Tuono

buell xb12r seat height

the R models are all the same height but the S comes in two heights. S and Scg, with the Scg being ~2" lower (-1" susp. -1" seat).

if they had an Scg around you could try sitting on that. pretty positive you can swap the suspension (or components) pretty easily to an R. most everything is swappable on these bikes.

of course we're talking more cost but sometimes you can find someone to direct trade with. BadWeatherBikers.com is a great place to look or ask if someone was willing.

couple 'a coins.. .

Beta 200RR

buell xb12r seat height

The shock is a streight bolt on swap. The forks - you would need the lower tree and the fork legs. The fork tubes are 41mm on the scg, while being 43mm on the R (05 and up).

buell xb12r seat height

so the bike i sat on was at the correct height? just wanted to find out for sure if that bike is that high from the factory. i looked at the specs on buell's site and it said seat height was 30.5 which is lower then the gsx-r600 (31.9); i can sit perfectly flat footed on the gsxr. so not sure how accurate the specs are. if it is ill probably cross it off my list since buells are retarded expensive in the first place, theres no way im dumping more money into just so i can sit on it.

Tuono

buell xb12r seat height

The listed seat heights for Buell are laden (with rider and all fluids). I do not know how Suzuki lists their heights.

If you have the time, swing on by my shop. At 5'7" you shouldn't have any problem with this bike. Give me a call (508) 721-9876, my name is Erik and we could make arrangements.

buell xb12r seat height

thnx for the additional info, Erik.

catch2otwo, not sure what to tell ya, sounds like you dont like the price tag anyway. i dont agree they are 'retarded expensive' but used Buells can be had at insane prices. sounds like you'll look elsewhere do to height but FYI.

Beta 200RR

buell xb12r seat height

Quote Originally Posted by eboos View Post
    The listed seat heights for Buell are laden (with rider and all fluids). I do not know how Suzuki lists their heights.

If you have the time, swing on by my shop. At 5'7" you shouldn't have any problem with this bike. Give me a call (508) 721-9876, my name is Erik and we could make arrangements.

i see, didnt know how they did the seat height. ill keep your info around when im ready to start looking. wont be home or have enough funds till i get done with this internship in march. so do you see a price drop at all for the xb12rs now they came out with the 1125?

Tuono

buell xb12r seat height

Quote Originally Posted by typeone View Post
    thnx for the additional info, Erik.

catch2otwo, not sure what to tell ya, sounds like you dont like the price tag anyway. i dont agree they are 'retarded expensive' but used Buells can be had at insane prices. sounds like you'll look elsewhere do to height but FYI.
    well maybe "retarded expensive" was a bit of an over exageration. but from what ive seen on ebay and just snooping on the net, all i see are bikes with over 10k miles still going for around 5-6k and lower mileage bikes going over 6. maybe im just looking in all the wrong places but just what ive seen so far. obviously there is a deal to be found if your patient. just comparing them to some of its japanese counterparts; ex 2004 cbr600rr with >5k miles for around 4800. but we'll see when the time comes, nothing beats that sound in my opinion.

Tuono

buell xb12r seat height

The 12R went down by $500. This is a really fun bike. The 1125R is freakin unbelievable. You are more then welcome to take both for a spin in the spring when we have our demos back.

It's true that the XB series have maintained a higher then average resale value. I would look at that as a good thing. We see very few of them in our used inventory, not many people are selling them or trading them in. One of the reasons is the Buells don't attract the kids right out of highschool that want to impress their friends, then loose interest in them shortly after. These are rider's bikes. (This is not a personnal or directed attack at anyone, freakin internet is clumsy with context)

Last edited by eboos; 12-12-07 at 09:27 AM.

buell xb12r seat height

[QUOTE=eboos;442800]The 12R went down by $500. This is a really fun bike. The 1125R is freakin unbelievable. You are more then welcome to take both for a spin in the spring when

Last edited by catch2otwo; 12-12-07 at 09:29 AM.
    Tuono

Posting Freak

buell xb12r seat height

catch2 you should have asked to ride my XB12SS back in the summer... and when I take delivery of the 1125 I hope to see how it stacks up to the hype (im excited, well just a bit)

-Nick

buell xb12r seat height

Quote Originally Posted by ff36buell View Post
    catch2 you should have asked to ride my XB12SS back in the summer... and when I take delivery of the 1125 I hope to see how it stacks up to the hype (im excited, well just a bit)

-Nick

i wish i did nick, never thought id be in the spot of buying a new bike though so the thought never crossed my mind. you getting an 1125= bastard...

Tuono

buell xb12r seat height

being short must suck more then being fat....the worst thing i have to worry about is shopping in the husky section for my clothes

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Posting Freak

buell xb12r seat height

I second the badweather rec. too... go to their used section sometimes you can grab deals. People changing from certain models to others is common. Are you stuck on the styling of a 12R? b/c the SCG is a nice bike too, and if you dont like the colors.... that can be changed

nick-

buell xb12r seat height

Quote Originally Posted by ff36buell View Post
    I second the badweather rec. too... go to their used section sometimes you can grab deals. People changing from certain models to others is common. Are you stuck on the styling of a 12R? b/c the SCG is a nice bike too, and if you dont like the colors.... that can be changed

nick-

not really stuck on anything as most of the buell stuff to my knowledge can be swapped back and forth so it doesnt really matter to me. im pretty stuck on getting a twin though. so looking at a few different bikes including the buells and a couple I4's for giggles but i really want a twin. i got a few months to make up my mind though. maybe santa will bring something

Tuono

buell xb12r seat height

Quote Originally Posted by bigred875 View Post
    being short must suck more then being fat....
    no, no it doesn't... i hardley ever bump my head on shit.

i just feel sorry for the folks that are short AND fat. talk about the worst of both worlds

buell xb12r seat height

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Weasel View Post
    no, no it doesn't... i hardley ever bump my head on shit.

i just feel sorry for the folks that are short AND fat. talk about the worst of both worlds

short and fat and bald ...ouch... castanza!!

Tuono