Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Buell's Fuell Flow

Buell's Fuell Flow

Erik Buell is back, and this time he’s teamed up with Frederic Vasseur of Formula E and F1 fame and entrepreneur, Francois Terny to launch an electric motorbike brand called Fuell.

The Fuell Flow comes in 11kW (125cc-equivalent) or 35kW (A2-licence equivalent) versions and uses a hub motor on the rear wheel to leave space for 50 litres of integrated storage.

Fuell are claiming a city range of 125 miles for the Flow (which needs charging at a public charger), and an American price of $10,995.
    Erik Buell launches electric motorbike brand

Been a little bit curious lately about ebike designs and waiting for something killer to hit the market. Not the worst looking bike I've seen.

Nice price point. Motor mounted in the rear wheel, wonder what weight distribution is like. And that tiny little swingarm...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

^ It's my bike and my car tls25rs's Avatar

Re: Buell's Fuell Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Tekime View Post
    Motor mounted in the rear wheel
    Some un-sprung weight there. Wonder what it will do to the handling? Sure that Buell has thought about this but I'm curious.

Lifer

I think its important to note the license restrictions on it. Over here in europe the license steps are dictated by cc and power to weight ratio. The 11kw one is an L or learners license one which means it horrifically slow. Top speed will be in the 60 mph range, maybe higher but unlikely. Forget about taking it on the highway. In fact its illegal to take an L plated bike on the highway here so they arent designed to even attempt it for the most part. I consider all these L plate type bikes to be the most dangerous bikes ive ever ridden. So slow and restricted they are unsafe to ride in general traffic.
    The a2 license is a step up but it will still be slow/heavy. A2 bikes are under 500cc mostly but bigger and much heavier bikes can fall into the catagory if they are slow enough. However even smaller displacement bikes can be excluded like all the race rep 400's here if they weigh under a certain amount. I think an ex500 is about the top performance for this class and i think a recent change made that illegal to ride under it now. Its mostly 250cc 4 strokes here riding with it. Top speed is under a ton.

The bike will be slow and heavy by design. Its not going to be marketed towards america most likely as The writeup has it wrong. It will be marketed in europe and may not be expected to make it to the usa hense the european license denotation.

I wonder if he finally gave up on the perimeter braking system or if he went tradional due to outside influence.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Oof. That’s ugly.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

Love the name Fuell is he being sarcastic or what!

Quote Originally Posted by boosten lebaron View Post
    I wonder if he finally gave up on the perimeter braking system or if he went tradional due to outside influence.
    That front fork screams generic Chinese fork, initally sold in the US under the 'Demon' label, often found on low end pitbikes like Apollos and Coolsters. In short, the brake setup was chosen based on cost I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chippertheripper View Post
    Oof. That’s ugly.
    Definitely weird but I like it.

I also kinda like the Arc Vector

05GSXR75005SV65090DR350

I actually was wondering if this news release was accidentally released a bit early and was scheduled for April 1st. As a former Buell owner I wince at this design.

Send cash... I need a track day

He can definitely make some ugly bikes.

Paul_E_D

Buell's Fuell Flow-img_1256-jpg
    Always though my Buell was good looking , although I will say he has made a few that were to say the least interesting and quirky bikes .

Quote Originally Posted by MUZ720 View Post
    Buell's Fuell Flow-img_1256-jpg
    Always though my Buell was good looking , although I will say he has made a few that were to say the least interesting and quirky bikes .
    OK, so that paint job literally looks like giant sperm are swimming away from your crotch.

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

Fathered a few children that way .... kinda on the fly so to speak ...

Ha! It's impregnating the frame.

Paul_E_D

Hypertarded

Here is pic of the Fuell bicycle

Attachment 50579

Buell is trying again as Fuell, an electric mobility company

The Fluid-1 is for those who want something a bit more simple than the Flow-1. The bicycle has an integrated electric motor, a carbon belt, and internal hub gears, and relies on two removable batteries that add up to 1 kWh of power. Fuell claims up to 125 miles of city range. The standard model has a 20-mph maximum speed, while an S model can get up to 28 mph. The Fluid-1 is estimated to start at $3,295.