Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

I'M IN!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!

I'M IN!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!

Hey Guys,

I just got off the phone... its official... I'm hired!!!!! I start April 21st as a MSF range aid for the NH Dept of Safety. The class for me to become a Rider-Coach is scheduled for August.

I know the class is going to be challenging, but I'm bouncing off the walls right now!!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    TL1000R --- For those who like to drive high speed tanks

I'M IN!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!

congrats man

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

01cbr929rr

MSF

Big Up! Congratulations!

Just Registered

I'M IN!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!

Now all you need is a rear handbrake and a crash cage, congrats!

I'M IN!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!

Congrats! Both passing the instructor course and teaching people how to ride are very rewarding experiences.

I'M IN!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!

Hey Bob. We used to hire 15 year olds to do the range aid work, so don't let your guard down. The course is NOTHING like range aid work.

I'M IN!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!

Getting the foot in the door was the first big hurdle. The class isn't until August, so the range aid thing is fine for now. They told me they may start requiring range aid work soon as a prerequisite to becoming a rider coach anyway.

Hopefully I can do 15 year old work.

TL1000R --- For those who like to drive high speed tanks

I'M IN!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LiononaLeash View Post
    Getting the foot in the door was the first big hurdle. The class isn't until August, so the range aid thing is fine for now. They told me they may start requiring range aid work soon as a prerequisite to becoming a rider coach anyway.

Hopefully I can do 15 year old work.
    I went through the course with a few other candidates that had no range aid experience.
    Us who had been range aiding(only 2 of us) had a leg up when it came to setting up the exercises. One less thing to worry about when going through the training, and they throw alot at you in the course.

I'M IN!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!

It isn't whether you can do the work of a 15 year old. In fact, many state programs don't give the instructors the luxury of a range aid. It's just that it might get boring sometimes, and I wouldn't want you to become complacent about the real reason that you are there. A little complacency goes a long way. I've heard from some instructors, that to them, the training was as structured as the military, to put it mildly. It was indeed that.

I'M IN!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!

It's changed since about 2001, in MA. The RiderCoach training is kinder and gentler than the old instructor course. But, it has its unique challenges.

Before, you were told exactly where to stand and what to say (almost). Now, they require you to think more so you can be more sensitive and be able to evaluate the needs of individual students.

FYI, The new Ridercourse itself is much less stressful and more fun to teach.

I'M IN!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LiononaLeash View Post
    Hey Guys,

I just got off the phone... its official... I'm hired!!!!! I start April 21st as a MSF range aid for the NH Dept of Safety. The class for me to become a Rider-Coach is scheduled for August.

I know the class is going to be challenging, but I'm bouncing off the walls right now!!!
    Congrats Dude ~

I'M IN!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!

Thanks Ken, that is nice to hear. I've heard mixed reviews from some instructors up here in NH, comparing the two curriculums. Not having anything to do with the new one, obviously I don't have an opinion. I am for certain, very supportive of the whole program any way you look at it.
    Hey, the old school wasn't that stressfull once you got into the swing of things. As far as the individuals needs, our chiefs gave us as much breathing room as we needed, so long as we didn't technically stray off course, or blow our time limits all to hell. D-ooh!