Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

is this a good buy??

is this a good buy??

i'm currently on the market for new bike. i had the 08 gsxr 600 before. just sold it and want to buy something more comfortable and i found a low miles 2008 aprilia shiver 750 all stock just like it was out of showroom floor for $5000. and since it's a aprilia which is the bike that you dont see too often like ducati monster or sv650 or 650r. do you guys think this's a good buy. thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: is this a good buy??

Have you been looking at Aprilias or that model in particular? It's hard to say that it's a great price. But, a great deal on a bike that doesn't suit you isn't a deal at all. It's going to be very different from your GSXR. Something more like the Aprilia Touno is a more aggressive street ride. The shiver will seem Docile compared with your GSXR. But, maybe that's what you want.

LRRS EX 151 AMSOIL

JCBernier -- You-tube

I think they updated the shiver in 2009 and SSC is offering $1000 off the new ones.
    I'm not saying $5k is a bad deal, but you might look into the updates and see if the newer bike is more appealing.

I haven't ridden one, but my impression from reading reviews is that the Shiver is a good "standard" which usually means it's not as sporty as some other options (e.g. Street Triple, Ducati's). But if your aim is a comfortable upright position and a v-twin exhaust note, it's a good choice.

Update: I got the year wrong!! It's 2009 instead of 2008 and it got less than 2500. And the deal is $4800 now. Yeah!! I love the sporty feel but I felt so hard once when I skied and since then my back never feel right. That's why I sold my gixxer but screw my back, I love riding too much so I want to buy a bike again but I want some thing that's easy for my back. So I think this bike is the right choice. Can't wait till summer.

That's a pretty sweet deal. If your back is good enough to ride at all, I suspect that bike will work out well.
    Summer? I'll be happy when it's about 40 and the salt is gone

You find that on Craigslist?

Yes there 2 on Craigslist. I inquired about the 2008 for $4250.00. The guy replied , sad he was out of town couldn't show it yesterday. I asked when?? I wanted to buy it! He never replied then today , I get an email "Sorry, bike is Sold" WTF is wrong with people? I bet I have sent a dozen emails in the last week inquiring about bikes for sale , I have only recieved 2 replies and that was one of them!

Sorry to hijack , and rant !1

Good luck with whatever you get !!!!

Ride on !

Lifer

Some of these bikes had major electrical gremlins that would leave people stranded - I know of two. I would make sure the one you are buying has not had any issues. Otherwise, a beautiful bike with a decent motor (more torque than your GSXR)

'15 Ducati Scrambler, '13 Multistrada 1200S, '07 VFR, '14 CRF250L/M, '15 FJ-09, '23 Tuareg