Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Where to buy Dainese back protectors?

Question Where to buy Dainese back protectors?

Anyone know where I can find Dainese back protectors in New England? I want to try them on before I purchase so I can make sure I get the right fit.

I remember seeing some protectors last year at MotoMarket, so I took a trip down there today and didn't see any back protectors anywhere.

I'm looking for either the Wave

the Gilet Wave mesh (there are also chest armor plates of the same back protector material not shown in the pic)

or the High Voltage Wave ( I can't even find this one online)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I bought mine from Moto Mart in february, they had like three in stock. They are comfortable and ventilates real well. I'm surprised that there weren't any there. The large and medium are the same size(back) the only difference is the belt size. Quite pricey. Now I don't leave home without it.

I just discovered a back protector pocket in the lining of my Dainese jacket and this protector was apparently designed as a perfect fit for the pocket. It is the Wave G2 and are a one-size-fits-all. They are everywhere online for significantly less then the others above, so its worth a shot.

I guess I'll give this one a try for a bit to see how I like it. It provides less protection area than the full Wave, but I am starting to wonder if I would even be able to fit the tail of the full Wave protector inside my riding pants since they already fit snug as it is.

Just Registered

Hey Timmy!
    my buddy is going to the new Ducati Dealership in worcester tomorrow. I asked him to check out what they have in stock for back protectors...

Originally posted by Ducrappy
    I just discovered a back protector pocket in the lining of my Dainese jacket and this protector was apparently designed as a perfect fit for the pocket. It is the Wave G2 and are a one-size-fits-all. They are everywhere online for significantly less then the others above, so its worth a shot.
    i just got one of these for my jacket. fits my jacket snugly and isn't uncomfortable. it's a lot beefier than many other similar back protectors that i've seen...got it from kneedraggers ...

I have the Wave 3 (I think that is the taller person one) and I have no complaints with quality, fit or comfort. Have yet to crash test it so I can't comment on that.

Andrew
    03 Suzuki SV650

Originally posted by Daytona440
    Hey Timmy!
    my buddy is going to the new Ducati Dealership in worcester tomorrow. I asked him to check out what they have in stock for back protectors...
    Nice. Thanks Tim

Originally posted by taylor
    i just got one of these for my jacket. fits my jacket snugly and isn't uncomfortable. it's a lot beefier than many other similar back protectors that i've seen...got it from kneedraggers ...
    Thats great to hear Taylor. I'm definately leaning toward the insert Wave G2 now.

Thats actually the site that I was looking to purchase from.

Originally posted by ancosta
    I have the Wave 3 (I think that is the taller person one) and I have no complaints with quality, fit or comfort. Have yet to crash test it so I can't comment on that.
    How is the fit under riding pants? It seems like it would be best suited worn under a 1-piece.

Also, I'm glad you can't offer any FHE on crash testing the piece

How is the fit under riding pants? It seems like it would be best suited worn under a 1-piece.

Also, I'm glad you can't offer any FHE on crash testing the piece
    The fit under pants is a bit funny, its either in or over the pants. I wear a 2 pc and when using the protector I first put that on, then the pants. Otherwise it somehow seems to ride up a bit.

Best bet is to bring your pants and try one on, and see how it fits. I'd rather have it low over my azz then have it too high and have an unprotected lower spine I figure.

Andrew
    03 Suzuki SV650

Best bet is to bring your pants and try one on, and see how it fits. I'd rather have it low over my azz then have it too high and have an unprotected lower spine I figure.
    Where did you buy yours? I'd love to try them on, but I can't find any dealers that stock any dainese back protectors, let alone the Wave.

i bought mine right at a track day!
    i have no idea which model it is.

Brent LRRS #772
    2006 KTM 560 SMR

Where did you buy yours? I'd love to try them on, but I can't find any dealers that stock any dainese back protectors, let alone the Wave.
    Got mine at Moto Market last year....

Andrew
    03 Suzuki SV650

Got mine at Moto Market last year....
    I'll have to check back there then some time soon. Maybe they were just sold out of them.

thanks for the help guys

I'll have to check back there then some time soon. Maybe they were just sold out of them.

thanks for the help guys
    i'd definitely call before wasting your time and going down there. it seems to take motomarket a ridiculous amount of time to get anything in from dainese and they have no way of checking the status of any of their orders for some reason. i had ordered a jacket last september and they finally got in touch with me in may to tell me that they aren't making the jacket anymore.

eventhough i was super pissed about waiting for the jacket for almost 8 months, i figured that i'd still go through them and order another jacket, but when they couldn't give me any indication as to when it would come in, i quickly changed my mind.

i ended up ordering the jacket and back protector through kneedraggers. The wave g2 was delivered two days later and the jacket in 3 weeks. exactly as they had promised. ymmv.

(i normally don't like to rant or talk shit like this, but mm pissed me off to no end and were very unapologetic about the situation)