Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Buying selling used bikes

Is there a way to purchase bikes and turn around and sell them without registering and getting the title in my name, bacuase I will just be turning around and selling it after a few minor repairs?? Just pondering the idea of making a crazy offer on a bike I know of well. I got it up and running two years ago, it was only ridden 4 times and has been sitting ever since.. I have no need for it, but know when I get it running again I can resell it and make a little cash.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Rides: 13 Hyperstada, 09 SFV650, 97 CBR 900RR
    www.tailofthedragon.com
    RIP A.B. RIP BEET, I Ride in Leathers because I would rather sweat than Bleed...

one method might be to get the title signed off by the old owner, but dont fill in any on your information, wait til you sell it and then fill in the new owners stuff? i guess you would need a receipt with some blanks on it too technically.

Originally posted by oreo_n2
    one method might be to get the title signed off by the old owner, but dont fill in any on your information, wait til you sell it and then fill in the new owners stuff? i guess you would need a receipt with some blanks on it too technically.
    that is prolly the only way...just don't fill out the info...

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

I'm going to assume the laws are the same for a bike as other motor vehicles. You are only allowed to buy and sell so many per year (4 ) in most states before you need a dealers license. That only applies when they find out though , so if you keep your name off any paperwork you might get away with more

You suck at life. Why don't you quit?

My dad told me I could be anything I wanted when I grew up. So I became an Asshole.