Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Cafe poject finally under way

Cafe poject finally under way

I've had this hardtail for about 20 years and it hasn't seen the road in a long long time. Finally had enough of it sitting there and figured I'll either sell it or make a cafe project out of it. 1970 T 100c. Little 500. Engine is out and being dropped of this week for a major go over and probable total overhaul. Wanted to tackle it myself but a total lack of good heated work space made me think otherwise. I've already found the rear frame section and swing frame and misc. pieces parts. I have no time line and no real budget but I have to start somewhere. Budgets for these things usually turn out to be a laughable joke by the end anyways. Most difficult part I think will be trying to update the electrical mess made before I bought it and seeing if I can change it over to negative ground system. Should be a fun one. Any advice from others that have done similar projects is always welcome. The good advice anyways.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cafe poject finally under way-img_2379-jpg  

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything."

Re: Cafe poject finally under way

Whats you goal for its apearance? Color?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Why are you changing it to negative ground? Functionally there is no difference between the two. With few exceptions (maybe an aftermarket gauge pack or something) anything electrical you buy should be pretty easy to fit to a positive ground. Worst case, you run a separate wire from the battery to whatever you need to power and bypass the ground completely. Especially with how simple a cafe's electrical system is I don't see a benefit to converting. That said, I would think the conversion would be "relatively" simple but I'm saying that without first seeing a wiring diagram.

Quote Originally Posted by jwm2k3 View Post
    Whats you goal for its apearance? Color?
    haven't even figured that out yet. Have someone with a british racing green frame and better front end which would end some of the work. Just add money. I know it will never be a "pure" tiger again due to needing way to much time and money. My biggest hope is to some day be able to get it on the road and track for nothing more than my own enjoyment. I was done with the hard tail thing years ago.

As for the negative ground, I don't know how deep this project may go. If things stay as simple as I want then things will be wired somewhat as is. Stuff was rigged before so a good sorting needs to be done regardless. Not to mention my brain automatically thinks neg ground with everything else I wrench on. Just easier in some aspects.

"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything."