Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Call to action! Bike ban being attempted in MA

Re: Call to action! Bike ban being attempted in MA

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    The ban doesn't make ANY sense. Mandate EDUCATION & SAFETY CLASS requirements to ride...
    Err, no, please don't suggest that either.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by obsolete View Post
    http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/...idresponse.asp

Find the article and send a letter in. Takes 2 seconds.
    Done.

Keep the responses going, folks! We can't let this one pass!

Go fast. Have fun. Repeat.

Youth Dirt Bike ban now law in MA

Quote Originally Posted by DuncanMoto View Post
    If the Governor signs this I'm going to register to vote a 4th time just so I can increase the odds of him becoming unemployed.
    This bill was signed into law on July 31, 2010. It is illegal to for any child under 14 to ride anywhere in MA - even in your own yard. It is illegal for anyone under 16 (maybe 17, because it's poorly worded) to ride any off road vehicle with a displacement greater than 90cc.

DanG
    People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.
    - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by CMG241 View Post
    The pussification of America continues
    Got that right! I heard about a law like this being passed here in Ma. for kids under 14. I don't pay any attention to it. My son rides his xr50r here in my back yard, just like I did on my yz80 back when I was 7. Some shithead's kids got hurt because they weren't watching them so now we all have to suffer.

LRRS am #121

"So this is what your race program has become... the back of a pickup truck huh?" -PK

My ten year old was just ripping it up out back on the 90.. Even a couple rips up & down our road to grab a friend...

You take all this fun stuff away from kids, then they complain they are hanging around playing video games, getting fat, or getting in trouble...

Such BS, I started riding my uncle's TRX200 when I was 11 and got my XR100 when I was 12, and my XR250 when I was 15. It actually gave me and my dad something to bond over. This is lame.

'06 Triumph Sprint ST ABS
    '90 Yamaha XT350

haha my nephew will be getting a 50 for his 3rd or 4th birthday, he already has a batter powered motorcycle and knows throttle is right hand and clutch is left hand, the state should have no control over what is done in ones yard

Corey

Take just a few minutes to read the bill (linked in my last post).

There's more - anyone born after Jan 1, 1991 must carry proof they have completed the official state training course when riding.

There's a lot of language about contributing to delinquency - this is serious stuff for parents because it can lead to DSS involvement, etc.

It's too late to stop this, the only hope is to get rid of it. Write letters, vote, post about this on other forums. If this matters to you, do something! I have.

DanG
    People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.
    - Blaise Pascal

beige camry attack mojobreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oVTo View Post
    the only hope is to get rid of it
    ...or move. Vote UHaul and don't fucking look back. Because you will not change this.

The Massachusetts political system is and always will be dominated by powder-blue Prius driving brownstone-dwellers who don't know anything about fostering an enriching environment for children and young adults. The ship has sailed and it ain't coming back.

This political establishment cannot stand the notion of middle class people who will determine the curriculum for the best years of their children's lives. They despise the middle and working class and their pursuits.

This post sponsored by and !

no bikes currently

God i cant wait to go move to NH

I hate this state and the majority of politicians in this country

www.bostonmoto.com
    2009 Zx-6r--17,680 miles and counting!!
    2008 ZZR600 - - - 10,268 miles totaled
    Ride to live, live to ride

Quote Originally Posted by Danz19899 View Post
    God i cant wait to go move to NH

I hate this state and the majority of politicians in this country
    I want to propose imigration laws to regulate the flow of Massholes into NH. Too fucking many of them already; this state's going down the shitter in a hurry. Since when has New Hampshire been a liberal state?

-Brian
    15 S-Works Venge

Re: Youth Dirt Bike ban now law in MA

Quote Originally Posted by oVTo View Post
    This bill was signed into law on July 31, 2010. It is illegal to for any child under 14 to ride anywhere in MA - even in your own yard. It is illegal for anyone under 16 (maybe 17, because it's poorly worded) to ride any off road vehicle with a displacement greater than 90cc.
    So apparently they aren't enforcing this law? Because I'm pretty sure they would have a hard time arresting all the kids, parents, and organizers at the NESC, NEMX, etc. motocross races at Middleboro, Crow Hill, and Southwick that were held during the summer. And I'm pretty sure the shit storm that would have started would have been more than they wanted anyway. There's some pretty influential folks whose kids are racing......

-Brian
    15 S-Works Venge

Quote Originally Posted by lrrs313 View Post
    So apparently they aren't enforcing this law? Because I'm pretty sure they would have a hard time arresting all the kids, parents, and organizers at the NESC, NEMX, etc. motocross races at Middleboro, Crow Hill, and Southwick that were held during the summer. And I'm pretty sure the shit storm that would have started would have been more than they wanted anyway. There's some pretty influential folks whose kids are racing......
    Thank NETRA

http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=gov3pres...ing&csid=Agov3

" This new age restriction does not apply to the use of dirt bikes or snowmobiles."

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Thank NETRA

http://www.mass.gov/?pageID=gov3pres...ing&csid=Agov3

" This new age restriction does not apply to the use of dirt bikes or snowmobiles."
    Phew, that was a close one...

You Sir know nothing of true greatness. I of course refer to ones ability to steal, drink and generally do nothing, and carry it off with style

I'm glad to hear the governor interprets it as excluding dirt bikes and snow mobiles. The law isn't clear because its definition of "recreation utility vehicle" is just 4-wheel vehicles, but "recreation vehicle" is defined as quads, dirt bikes, etc.

The bans says, "Section 25B. No person under 14 years of age shall operate an all terrain vehicle or recreation utility vehicle. This section shall not apply to a person operating a recreation vehicle or snow vehicle in preparation for, or while a participant in, a sanctioned race, rally or organized event which is supervised by a person aged 18 or older and which has been authorized or approved by a municipal permitting authority."

So it initially says no one under 14 can operate a quad (recreation utility vehicle), but it goes on to say that it doesn't apply to recreation vehicles or snow vehicles preparing for or participating in a sanctioned event.

It doesn't specifically say whether it applies to recreation vehicles not involved in sanctioned events, but it implies those would be banned, because otherwise the sanctioned event exception is unnecessary. Anyway, it still sucks for kids with quads.

DanG
    - Blaise Pascal

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123