Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Cambridge parking

Cambridge parking

Anyone on here know if motorcycles require a permet to park on resident streets in cambridge? I couldn't find any information about this on the cities website.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    You Sir know nothing of true greatness. I of course refer to ones ability to steal, drink and generally do nothing, and carry it off with style

Re: Cambridge parking

I asked the parking permit people about this a few years ago and they said that you do need one, but that seems like the kind of answer you would expect from them. I have no sense at all if they enforce it though.

When I asked about what you do with the sticker that you would normally display on your car window, I was told that you didn't need to put any sticker on the bike because when they pull up your plate in their system to generate a ticket it will somehow show you are OK.

2005 Triumph Speed Triple, Jet Black

Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar

where you looking to park i know some spots

Zip Tie Alley Racing #444

Signature edit by Tricky mike

I asked a parking lady this morning and she told me the same exact thing. There is a bike that is always parked and covered on the street outside my work, and I doubt that they lift the cover to check the plate.

I guess I'll just test the waters and see how it goes.

You Sir know nothing of true greatness. I of course refer to ones ability to steal, drink and generally do nothing, and carry it off with style

I'm working on Mt. Auburn st. right where it connects into Mass Ave. I actually just pulled it up on the sidewalk in this little nook in front of my building. Should be good there as it doesn't obstruct sidewalk traffic one bit.

Goodbye Sweet Dreams BLACK SQUIRREL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DankDirtyBird View Post
    I'm working on Mt. Auburn st. right where it connects into Mass Ave. I actually just pulled it up on the sidewalk in this little nook in front of my building. Should be good there as it doesn't obstruct sidewalk traffic one bit.
    I have found that in Cambridge the meter folk are not really concerned that much with bikes.

Zip Tie Alley Racing #444

Signature edit by Tricky mike

Good to know. Give me an inch and ill take a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK SQUIRREL View Post
    I have found that in Cambridge the meter folk are not really concerned that much with bikes.
    i've found the same thing - cambridge seems to generally ignore motorcycles if you're not causing a problem for traffic or pedestrians. i've never had a problem when tucking my bike into a small street space (end spot, etc) unusable for a car.

in boston you do need to register your bike for a resident permit, but as stated previously you do not need to put the sticker on the bike. BTD will run the plate when writing the ticket and it will show resident status.

for what it's worth, i have seen BTD peeking under covered bikes lately by my office in the north end, though they only seem to do it when it's a new addition to the area. i'm guessing they remember the "regulars" and just leave them alone.

- Jamie
    2009 K 1300 S

Quote Originally Posted by drop View Post
    i've found the same thing - cambridge seems to generally ignore motorcycles if you're not causing a problem for traffic or pedestrians. i've never had a problem when tucking my bike into a small street space (end spot, etc) unusable for a car.

in boston you do need to register your bike for a resident permit, but as stated previously you do not need to put the sticker on the bike. BTD will run the plate when writing the ticket and it will show resident status.

for what it's worth, i have seen BTD peeking under covered bikes lately by my office in the north end, though they only seem to do it when it's a new addition to the area. i'm guessing they remember the "regulars" and just leave them alone.
    There actually is a physical sticker in Boston. It is a roughly 2" square supposed to be displayed above the plate. And they can ticket you if you don't have one, even though you may be from the 'hood.