Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

I Can't Stop Messing with Stuff!

Why Lie? It Was Me.... HO-HUM-R1's Avatar

I Can't Stop Messing with Stuff!

Since last weekend was rainy and i never get a chance to ride during the week, i decided to do a couple more punch list items on the bike. I pulled the exhaust, stripped the shield brackets, painted and wrapped the y-pipe and tubes( i may do the headers later but it's pretty much temporary until i buy an exhaust anyway). I removed the rearsets and painted them (again to see how i liked black and until i can buy new ones). Lastly i tinted the taillight and rear signals (yes you can still see them fine).

Shot a few pics this morning....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2006 Yamaha R1, Graves Full Exhaust, BST Carbon Fiber Wheels, K&N Air Filter, EGR Blockoffs, Factory Pro Velocity Stacks, Power Commander 5, Stealth 520 Conversion -1/+1, FP levers, Ohlins shock, Ohlins fg327 forks, Ohlins steering damper, Sato racing rearsets, Goodridge SS shadow brakelines, EBC Extreme pads, Braking SK wave rotors F&R. few other appearance mods.

Re: I Can't Stop Messing with Stuff!

-2 on the front sprocket? am i seeing that correctly in your signature?

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

yep -2 front -1 rear. provides the same ratio as -1+2 but extends the wheel base a little. helps to keep the front end down, also with both sprockets being smaller you save weight (not enough to do anything, but whatever).

2006 Yamaha R1, Graves Full Exhaust, BST Carbon Fiber Wheels, K&N Air Filter, EGR Blockoffs, Factory Pro Velocity Stacks, Power Commander 5, Stealth 520 Conversion -1/+1, FP levers, Ohlins shock, Ohlins fg327 forks, Ohlins steering damper, Sato racing rearsets, Goodridge SS shadow brakelines, EBC Extreme pads, Braking SK wave rotors F&R. few other appearance mods.

weird, never heard of that combo before.
    might want to check your chain guide near the front sprocket

EX 105
    Sponsors: Motul, Michelin, K&N, Woodcraft

I personally cant stop masturbating. But hey, I dont ride anymore.

Zip Tie Alley #505

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    My favorite was you going through T2 with your eyes closed.

It's easy on the eyes.

Cliff's Cycles KTM
    NETRA enduro B-vet
    Close your eyes, look deep in your soul, step outside yourself and let your mind go.

I Love giggle drops..!! BluGixxer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HO-HUM-R1 View Post
    yep -2 front -1 rear. provides the same ratio as -1+2 but extends the wheel base a little. helps to keep the front end down, also with both sprockets being smaller you save weight (not enough to do anything, but whatever).
    I am a little confused about this. It sounds kinda logical, but if you wanted to move the rear wheel back a little, just add a few more links when you buy your new chain.
    The weight savings ? To much time on your hands
    But on a real concern, if you chose to look into it , would be resistance of the chain going around a smaller sprocket in front.
    Chain has to bend more, more you bend or move the more resistance, thee faster the sprocket turns , the more it is ampliefied= more resistance.

Beat It Like A Rented Mule !!
    Legend in my own mind

First name on the shit list.... SVRACER01's Avatar
    Wirelessly posted (HTC EVO "DROID" : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Not that it really matters but, your logic of extending the wheelbase to keep the front wheel down totally contradicts your gearing. Your gearing implies faster acceleration...or.....wheelies. which is fine, but you could've dropped 1, 2 or even 3 in the rear for the wheel base which would give more on the top end and you'd lose a little on the acceleration and I suspect that bike would still make enough power to raise the front wheel. Just saying.
    Bike looks good BTW.

When I start my KTM in the morning, rules are broken. Its inevitable...
    01 SV650S (RC51 eater)/07 690SM /03 300EXC/14 XTZ1200
    TRACKS:Firebird/NHMS/VIR/Calabogie/California Speedway/NJMP/MMC/NYST/Palmer/Thompson/Club Motorsports

obviously there are a lot of things you can do with the sprockets and chain. I don't have any strange wear issues with the chain rubbing the swing arm, and i was assured that many people run -2 in the front without any problems... it's especially popular in the drag crowd and i haven't seen any negative effects...Yet.

If I do I will be sure to post about it with my foot in my mouth to warn others of my mistake. It's just the way I chose to go and i can suck it up if it doesn't work out. on the other hand, i gotta tell you, the bike screams with this set up and is so much more city driving friendly.

Last edited by HO-HUM-R1; 10-09-11 at 06:26 PM.

Nice looking back, love the undertail exhaust...

Weight savings? Take a piss before you ride and if you shake it hard enough, you'll get the same weight savings, just sayin'....

Quote Originally Posted by HO-HUM-R1 View Post
    I pulled the exhaust, stripped the shield brackets, painted and wrapped the y-pipe and tubes( i may do the headers later but it's pretty much temporary until i buy an exhaust anyway).
    HINDLE full system & dual Black Hindle Picotte mufflers $950.00 + FREE SHIPPING

Quote Originally Posted by STREET&COMP View Post
    HINDLE full system & dual Black Hindle Picotte mufflers $950.00 + FREE SHIPPING

My wife will kill me if I buy anything else this year.. the tax return will take care of it....lol