Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Cape Cod riding blues

Cape Cod riding blues

Iam Having some problems. I've been riding for 6 years My newest bike is a 03' 636. I love riding ....and riding hard. The sharper the corners, the better. But anyone who lives on the cape will agree that there isn't a whole lota "twisties" around. we all know there is Plymouth.. and the state park.. but after a while it gets old.. we've ventured to dartmouth, Lakeville, New Hampshire ect... But If you go anywhere off Cape it's at least a 45 min. ride to go anywhere exciting. My point is I need help Finding new roads.... Fun Roads...it's going to be a long summer of.. "well where do you wana ride...I duno where do u wana ride?" Don't get me wrong Iam happy to be on my bike anywhere ... but I just need challenge.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Cape Cod riding blues

Google Maps

I recently moved to a new area and have been just getting
    "lost" to explore new roads. I have found some amazing back roads
    using this method.

Have you tried that?

Quote Originally Posted by sublime2e3 View Post
    Iam Having some problems. I've been riding for 6 years My newest bike is a 03' 636. I love riding ....and riding hard. The sharper the corners, the better. But anyone who lives on the cape will agree that there isn't a whole lota "twisties" around. we all know there is Plymouth.. and the state park.. but after a while it gets old.. we've ventured to dartmouth, Lakeville, New Hampshire ect... But If you go anywhere off Cape it's at least a 45 min. ride to go anywhere exciting. My point is I need help Finding new roads.... Fun Roads...it's going to be a long summer of.. "well where do you wana ride...I duno where do u wana ride?" Don't get me wrong Iam happy to be on my bike anywhere ... but I just need challenge.
    Try the race track for a challenge. Full speed, good corners, clean surface, and no cars. As for finding roads on the cape. There are some great roads. Are you originally from the cape? I grew up in Falmouth. What sucks is the traffic in the summer. Follow the coast line before the summer season and after and you can have a lot of fun. Ive lead a few rides down there. Just be careful if you dont have good bike control. Ive had more then a few people bitch at me because of a little sand. Im not sure what the problem was. I was the first person through it and they had time to adjust

James

I've lived on the cape for 22 years. I've been on all the roads from the Highland center in turo to the loop in Falmouth. The cape is a sand dune.. Anyone that lives on the cape knows there will be sand. I think it makes things a litte more interesting. I want to do track days... it's just the money situation. By the end of the summer I'll hopefully be able to get to one.

Quote Originally Posted by KillBill View Post
    Google Maps

I recently moved to a new area and have been just getting
    "lost" to explore new roads. I have found some amazing back roads
    using this method.

Have you tried that?

I have...That is a good Idea, I guess it's just hard for me to remember where I've been and Iam bad with directions coz iam a girl

I've lived on the cape for 22 years. I've been on all the roads from the Highland center in turo to the loop in Falmouth. The cape is a sand dune.. Anyone that lives on the cape knows there will be sand. I think it makes things a litte more interesting. I want to do track days... it's just the money situation. By the end of the summer I'll hopefully be able to get to one.
    Well not that I know any great long roads but rt105 can be fun. I usually just cruise around on the street so I guess its hard for me to say what the best roads are. What part of the cape are you from?

James

I grew up on the cape myself and theres not much going on for roads on the lower cape...I would say the best ride that I went on was with a group of my friends around the back roads of Centerville area down and around the beaches.

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic306_2.gif

I feel your pain. I don't live on the cape but have a friend who does. I rode my bike once to visit him and we spent a day just riding around. If I live on the Cape I'd sell my sport bike and by a big, fat, blinged up Harley and try and learn to love it. Otherwise I'd move....

Not much help but I seriously would get a Harley. I think if you could embrace whatever part of the 'Harley' experience you could find that worked for you, you could enjoy riding on the Cape. Different experience...not bad...just different.

My 2 cents....!

"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
    Muhammad Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by union View Post
    Well not that I know any great long roads but rt105 can be fun. I usually just cruise around on the street so I guess its hard for me to say what the best roads are. What part of the cape are you from?

I grew-up In Harwich But now I live in sandwich. I've done105 alot..into lakeville.. there is one part where all the trees are that is fun if you aren't stuck behind cars..It's easy to get lost up in lakeville which is nice.

turning water into watts Woodsy's Avatar

falmouth- go down to surf drive beach and just take that road to woods hole. it is not long (3.5mi mabey) but it is twisty as hell. it is like a road course and the scenery is amazing. just watch out, some sand and lots of joggers (personally, fuck em') then you get dumped on woods whole road follow it back up to main st, do a little show off cruise then take a right at the white hen and repeat.

Dude! You're like 15 minutes away from Middleboro, Lakeville and Rochester etc...Those have some of the best roads in the eastern part of the state hands down