Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Parking in the financial district (Post Office/Liberty Squares)

Parking in the financial district (Post Office/Liberty Squares)

Thinking about taking the bike in a few days a week and looking for good, safe (from tickets) places to park my SV650. I'll be coming from the North Shore and will be getting in early (by 630a at the latest) so if someone could let me know a couple of spots near Post Office/Liberty Square (near Kilby/Water streets) I'd be most appreciative. I know there is a usually a Duc and a CBR parked on Water st near Bostone Pizza, but do not want to grab their spots just because I get here before them, I'm sure they are hard enough to find. Thanks!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Bullshit meter pegged scottfromboston's Avatar

Re: Parking in the financial district (Post Office/Liberty Squares)

Hey, I know that guy! Welcome aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber12vt View Post
    Thinking about taking the bike in a few days a week and looking for good, safe (from tickets) places to park my SV650. I'll be coming from the North Shore and will be getting in early (by 630a at the latest) so if someone could let me know a couple of spots near Post Office/Liberty Square (near Kilby/Water streets) I'd be most appreciative. I know there is a usually a Duc and a CBR parked on Water st near Bostone Pizza, but do not want to grab their spots just because I get here before them, I'm sure they are hard enough to find. Thanks!!

~Scott
    2020 SMC-R

Quote Originally Posted by scottfromboston View Post
    Hey, I know that guy! Welcome aboard.
    Hey Man, how goes it? What's new? How have you been?

Lifer

*bump*

Be on the lookout in this area... There's a new metermaid in town that has ticketed *every single bike* that was parked on Pearl St, High St and Oliver St. Everything you can think of from "Within 20 ft of intersection" to "not in metered spot". Even bikes with covers (often able to fly under the radar and be left alone) were ticketed.

I was talking to two guy meter workers yesterday that used to / still work the area as well. They commented that they leave the bikes alone, and this new woman a new hire (badge #248), and couldn't believe she ticketed all the bikes. If you got ticketed in this area, they recommended calling the parking office at city hall and requesting a supervisor meet you in the area you were ticketed.

I'd like to get a count on here of people that park (or would park) in the PO Square / Financial / Fort Point / Waterfront area for work. Myself and a guy I work with are working on a petition to take over to the Boston Transportation office to expand legal motorcycle parking.

there's usually a good spot by the state st. buildings. I usually see a duc a moto guzzi a cbr and a couple of others parked there, i'll check on the streets name for you tomorrow

Michel Francois

I would park in PO Square.

- - - Updated - - -

Tull, I would park in PO Square for work if I could.

Noon Update: Bikes are parked in front of One Financial Center (where I saw them yesterday) in addition to across the street on what is an island of sorts (with another office building on it.) BPD is parked (3 Harleys) on the backside of One Financial Center. All seem to be at peace with eachother.

I would park there/here (since I'm sitting there right now at work; 245 Summer Street.) I'm seeing bikes parked on a few sidewalks across from South Station now. Talked to one owner yesterday - said as long as you park between the black poles (where there are bicycles and mopeds) you're OK. Several people I know park outside The Channel Center (on the street) and have done so for years with no issues.

Last edited by gtutunjian; 07-12-12 at 11:23 AM. Reason: udpate

I usually get in early (6am-ish) and am able to park right behind my building (10 Post Office Square) on Kilby st, and haven't been ticketed. I usually park close (not too close) to a hydrant with a few other bikes (cbr250, bmw's), although I haven't ridden in this week, so I have have to keep an eye out for the new meter maid....ugh

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoTull View Post
    I'd like to get a count on here of people that park (or would park) in the PO Square / Financial / Fort Point / Waterfront area for work. Myself and a guy I work with are working on a petition to take over to the Boston Transportation office to expand legal motorcycle parking.
    Not so much anymore, but I've paid my dues (literally) over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by gtutunjian View Post
    Noon Update: Bikes are parked in front of One Financial Center (where I saw them yesterday) in addition to across the street on what is an island of sorts (with another office building on it.) BPD is parked (3 Harleys) on the backside of One Financial Center. All seem to be at peace with eachother.

I would park there/here (since I'm sitting there right now at work; 245 Summer Street.) I'm seeing bikes parked on a few sidewalks across from South Station now. Talked to one owner yesterday - said as long as you park between the black poles (where there are bicycles and mopeds) you're OK. Several people I know park outside The Channel Center (on the street) and have done so for years with no issues.
    I work at One financial and have been ticket few times already in the last 4 weeks, once for "not in metered space" other times was for "over the limit" now I just park in the "visitor parking " and move every 2 hours

I would park in PO square

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoTull View Post
    *bump*

Be on the lookout in this area... There's a new metermaid in town that has ticketed *every single bike* that was parked on Pearl St, High St and Oliver St. Everything you can think of from "Within 20 ft of intersection" to "not in metered spot". Even bikes with covers (often able to fly under the radar and be left alone) were ticketed.

I was talking to two guy meter workers yesterday that used to / still work the area as well. They commented that they leave the bikes alone, and this new woman a new hire (badge #248), and couldn't believe she ticketed all the bikes. If you got ticketed in this area, they recommended calling the parking office at city hall and requesting a supervisor meet you in the area you were ticketed.

I stopped riding in. There was a time where I didn't get ticketed, now I get one every time.