Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Ohlins shock question

Banned

Ohlins shock question

I bought a new Ohlins shock for my F4i race bike but I have a few questions for anyone who might be an Ohlins wiz.

1. The shock came with the spring adjusted to it's full length (there are no threads showing above the spring top collar) is this normal? When I adjust the preload there is no movement of the spring collar as it is already at it's loosest adjustment. What gives? Any ideas?

2. If I do have to adjust the top collar to compress the spring more, how do I go about it? There is a pin in the collar to hold it in place, but even if I get that out I think it is a tough job to loosen and move the collar.

If anyone has the slightest clue about this and understands what my problem is, please let me know. otherwise I will just bring the bike to someone at the track next race weekend and have them check it out.

Degs

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Ohlins shock question

degs, you might try posting at gixxer.com, I know you have a honda, but many of the guys with older bikes there have ohlins shocks installed, and they might be able to give you a hand. Specifically the water-cooled forum, 'cause on most of these older bikes the stock shock has gone to crap by now...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Balls," I said. "Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers."

- Hunter S Thompson

2 x 82 GS 650, '94 RM 80