Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

A change of heart

A change of heart

Maybe I'm retarded, but I was thinking last night about how much I'll miss the GSXR if I sell it to buy a more-comfortable/long-rideable/passenger-carryingable Kawasaki ZRX. Then I though, "wait, the ZRX is basically a modernized, big bore UJM that costs over 4 and a half grand used!" I can probably find a 750-1100cc mid 80's UJM for under $1000, especially if it needs a little work. Then I coud keep both bikes. AND I wouldn't have to buy a kawasaki! AND AND I could take the GSXR to the track without worrying that I'll mash up my only street bike... hmmm.... new plans are formulating...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Balls," I said. "Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers."

- Hunter S Thompson

2 x 82 GS 650, '94 RM 80

A change of heart

cough.....1982 CB900F Super Sport......cough.....or 1983 CB1100F....cough.....

Ahem, excuse me, I had the perfect bike stuck in my throat! Sorry for the interruption.....

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

A change of heart

any good places to look for these bikes? I know they're out there somewhere... and what about the same-era gs1100 or such things, any input? Thanks

"Balls," I said. "Never mind the track. The track is for punks. We are Road People. We are Cafe Racers."

- Hunter S Thompson

2 x 82 GS 650, '94 RM 80

Dictionary quoting knob stoinkythepig's Avatar

A change of heart

Old bikes like that will be plagued with electrical gremlins. May want to brush up on your Ohm's law and get a nice VOM if you don't already have one...

A change of heart

Just keep your eyes open, you'll never know what you can find in a factory under a cover that has been sitting there for six years un-touched.....

You may not be as lucky as I was, but they are numerous out there. Watch out though, people who have nice ones tend to wanna keep them!

GS's are fine.....especially the GS1150....they still use the stock crank from those things in drag racing. One helluva stong engine!

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

A change of heart

Electrical gremlins is my middle name (names?)! I'm pretty skilled and WELL practiced when it comes to diagnosing, finding, and repairing irritating electrical problems, provided I can get my hands on a wiring diagram for the bike. My old '72 cb350 was just a mess of 30 year old cold solder joints and cracking wires. Electrical, I'm not really worried about... frame, engine, rust, and bearings are my major concerns (in that order). Thanks for the info guys

- Hunter S Thompson

2 x 82 GS 650, '94 RM 80