Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Anyone use one of these for changing tires?

Re: Anyone use one of these for changing tires?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Duuuuude looks SO FUN

Lower traction than usual, presumably blind/hidden ruts and G-outs, sliding all over the place, trying to balance, kind of exhausting!

Jealous. Jealous. Jealous.

Tube bead stayed on? Anything else you wanna change out? And which sort of gearing did you run?

FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    Duuuuude looks SO FUN

Lower traction than usual, presumably blind/hidden ruts and G-outs, sliding all over the place, trying to balance, kind of exhausting!

Jealous. Jealous. Jealous.

Tube bead stayed on? Anything else you wanna change out? And which sort of gearing did you run?
    The traction on the rear is higher than on dirt for sure. The front is a little washy like riding in sand.

The blind washouts, rocks, and breaking through the ice was the worst part!

Dirt I run a 48T, the wheel set I got came with a 51T and I like it A LOT!

This video was taken about 20 minutes before the whole tire incident. My go pro wasnt charged much and go pros hate the cold, so this was all it recorded before dying.

haha, the challenges will make you a better rider at blizzardcross. It's going to be awesome!

Kurlon mentioned how well these bikes respond to gearing changes; the sheer torque makes the bike "feel" unaffected from a power delivery standpoint when it's geared differently. You get the same snap, but better use of the gearbox depending on the terrain.

I typically set it up with a 14T and a 16T; that keeps the same chain. For all the stuff you pictured, 14t. For longer legs dual sport riding with 80mph of pavement; 16T on the front.

thanks for the sharing the clip; regardless of how short it was!

what were the other guys riding, and how did they do?

FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

Quote Originally Posted by breakdirt916 View Post
    haha, the challenges will make you a better rider at blizzardcross. It's going to be awesome!

Kurlon mentioned how well these bikes respond to gearing changes; the sheer torque makes the bike "feel" unaffected from a power delivery standpoint when it's geared differently. You get the same snap, but better use of the gearbox depending on the terrain.

I typically set it up with a 14T and a 16T; that keeps the same chain. For all the stuff you pictured, 14t. For longer legs dual sport riding with 80mph of pavement; 16T on the front.

thanks for the sharing the clip; regardless of how short it was!

what were the other guys riding, and how did they do?
    Those are my riding buddies, we all do J Days together. They are MUCH better riders and have ridden all their lives where I just started. One is on a Husqvarna 300 2T and the other is on a Beta 300 2T. They did crash a few times and I didn't though! (but they were pushing harder of course)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123