Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Chatterbox GMRS X1 Bluetooth config help....

truncated phrase here trider143's Avatar

Chatterbox GMRS X1 Bluetooth config help....

I have a Chatterbox GMRS X1 Bluetooth set-up. I recently changed to a new Zumo GPS w/ Bluetooth. It is paired to the X1 and works well in isolation. I have an iPod wired into the Audio input of the X1. It works well in isolation. However, it seems the BT audio source (GPS) does not have priority over the wired audio. And....

I can't find a clear answer about configuring or understanding the audio source priority of the X1 w/ Bluetooth. Anyone know or can point me to a reference? (The owner's manual was not clear on this at all. However the new X1 Slim does seem to have more features for priority configuration. Except I don't have a Slim

Thanks in advance.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Re: Chatterbox GMRS X1 Bluetooth config help....

Which IPod? Does it have Bluetooth? Or does the Zumo have an aux input? I think you may be able to play the IPod through the Zumo to get the functionality you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Baker View Post
    Which IPod? Does it have Bluetooth? Or does the Zumo have an aux input? I think you may be able to play the IPod through the Zumo to get the functionality you want.
    Understand your question. Don't want to go there at the moment simply due to wiring between GPS and iPod. (re zumo aux input.) I may change my mind if that is the only way to fix the problem.

I have iPods of most generations. None have bluetooth.

Quote Originally Posted by trider143 View Post
    Understand your question. Don't want to go there at the moment simply due to wiring between GPS and iPod. (re zumo aux input.) I may change my mind if that is the only way to fix the problem.

I have iPods of most generations. None have bluetooth.
    Sorry to follow-up on my own reply. I recently bought the 350LM. It does *not* have aux input. Only headphone out. (Plus bluetooth.) My only choices are to have an audio BT source via the GPS or figure out the priority issue with the Chatterbox, I think.

I think I have a "solution". It is not elegant but workable for me.

The Zumo 350LM has BT for headset only meaning BT to headset for GPS directions only. It does not have an audio input.

The Chatterbox X1 does not appear to handle priority of BT over audio input properly. (X1 Slim appears by marketing data sheets to be better.)

So, my simple plan is to use a SCOSCHE iPod remote control I have on hand already. I can turn off/on/vol up/down/etc. the iPod using the remote and will simply turn it off when I need to listen to GPS BT directions.

Recommendations: If you purchase a 350 LM and want to use a Chatterbox, use a X1 Slim (if their datasheet is to be believed.)