Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Hey havn't been here a long time

Cool Hey havn't been here a long time

Hey I havn't been here for a long time , Well it's been about 2 thousand miles on a motorcycle , and I'm thinking of getting a bigger cruiser. I got sucked into the whole cruiser style thing now . . . . . Well any ways a couple of weeks ago , I was cruising down the highway to Cape cod. I was in the fast lane doing 75 or so , and this trailer is right next to me the whole way in the right lane of me. He doesn't see me I guess and switches to my lane . . . . . . I started beeping and stuff . . . and my dad was infront of me about a couple of hundred feet. The trailer doesn't hear my horn and continues to turn . . . . . . . I speed up to try to get away , then I swerve into the off road grass on my left . . . . . and this dude in the trailer just continues to go . . . . . . I slowed down to about 40 and started to go behind the trailer and then passed him on the right. I gave him the finger , and I don't even think he noticed me. My dad heard me beeping my horn and later asked me what my problem was . . . . . . I told him that nothing happened . . . Well any ways I'm thinking of getting real riding gear now . . . I usually cruise around in a t-shirt or light jacket , jeans , full face helmet , and work boots. I'm just wondering what you guys wear when you guys do everyday riding. I can't wear those bright colored racing leathers neighther , they just don't look right on a cruiser. . . . I'm thinking of those kevlar jeans and a black leather jacket , or I'm trying to find some type of straight black padded jumpsuit that comes off and on without me having to change clothes. Anyone have any ideas ? ?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Your options are endless, really. Any of those 'bright colored racing leathers' also usually come in black too. But there's also textile stuff now that certainly holds it own too...

Teknic, Joe Rocket, Vanson, HJC, Fieldsheer, Aerostitch, just to name a few. Poke around the internet for this stuff. If ya look hard enough, you'll find some decent deals, especially on textiles...

I'd wait 'til winter though. That's usually when they have the big closeouts on 'last years models'.

Also, you may wanna bookmark New Enough's Website , and keep checking over there for used stuff too. If ya watch 'em closely, you may find some really good deals...

Did you grit your teeth and try to look like Clint Fuckin' Eastwood?
    Or did you lisp it all hangfisted like a fuckin' flower?

In regard to bright colors, I have found that visibility (bright colors) is the most important feature of protective gear, while other features are for convenience (pockets etc.) or protection from injury if you are in an accident(armour etc.) Visibility is the only feature that helps to prevent and accident in the first place, and I tell you what, crashing sux, even if you do have protective gear, it just minimumizes injury. I'm not sayin to go out and get a hi-vis yellow Aerostitch like I did, I'm just telling you that consider the value of visibility, beleive me from experience, it makes more of a difference reducing close encounters with cages than anything else.

I have seen some nice leathers that are very visible components, guys & gals on cruisers wearing them too,

I have an aerostitch one peice roadcrafter, it is prolly not what you are lookin for, I also have a Joe Rocket Jacket and pants, ok, for the price, I have found their zipper quality to suk, but other than that, quality seems to be ok, and comfort to, I have not crashed in the Joe Rocket gear yet, But I have gone down a few times with the stitch, once at speed I went down, slid about 175 feet, but mostly wet grass, small tear in stitch, still haven't repaired it, 2 years and 40,000 miles later, once at 15-20mph, thats what I get for leanin enuf to scrape pegs in an oilly intersection with 2" deep puddles of water when its only 35° out. A couple other times at 0mph.

While textile is not at good as leather for sliding, it doesn't suck up rain and weight 10 tons or take 2 weeks to dry out either, I'm sure a couple of leather gear wearer can give you better numbers on that

With my JR jacket, I usually only wear jeans but when sport riding I wear my JR pants.

RandyO
    IBA#9560
    A man with a gun is a citizen
    A man without a gun is a subject LETS GO BRANDON

I wear a Feild Sheer Jacket, Jeans and boots, gloves and a full faced helmet. The jacket has pads in the shoulders, elbows and along the spine area. It is pretty comfortable and comes with a liner. A co-worker wears a Joe Rocket leather with the normal body armor.

As for the colors, well they show up a lot better than black. Especially at night.

Just keep in mind that you want the idiots to see you, no matter what you ride.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486