Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chinatown/Downtown Crossing/South Station

Chinatown/Downtown Crossing/South Station

I'm hoping to be able to commute to work in Boston from time to time over the next few months.

Are there any lots or garages in the Chinatown, Downtown Crossing, or the South Station area that either offer discounted motorcycle rates or specifically allow motorcycles parking?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Lifer
    Wirelessly posted

I can tell you a couple of places to park free in the chinatown area, I work down here..

rides bikes

Re: Chinatown/Downtown Crossing/South Station

Digging up an old thread, but I'd like to hear of those places around Chinatown if you don't mind sharing. I work at South Street and Tufts.

Thanks!!

Contact Bill Cowin at B&B Parking. I used to park in his lot at 1 Nassua Street.....right at Tufts. It is valet, but there were also scooters there so he may be able to work out a deal for a motorcycle. I would give him a call and see what he can do for you, he had the best rate hands down near downtown Boston, was super easy to talk to and very responsive to email/text/and calls.

Bill is a great dude, tell him Gennaro Ameno gave you his contact info.

(617) 728-3669

B&B Parking - Downtown Boston monthly parking garage

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    A man of many names...Jay, Gennaro, Gerry, etc.

rides bikes

Quote Originally Posted by JettaJayGLS View Post
    Contact Bill Cowin at B&B Parking. I used to park in his lot at 1 Nassua Street.....right at Tufts. It is valet, but there were also scooters there so he may be able to work out a deal for a motorcycle. I would give him a call and see what he can do for you, he had the best rate hands down near downtown Boston, was super easy to talk to and very responsive to email/text/and calls.

Bill is a great dude, tell him Gennaro Ameno gave you his contact info.

(617) 728-3669

B&B Parking - Downtown Boston monthly parking garage
    Thanks! I might do that, but I'm more interested in free street parking. I have been seeing guys park in my work's neighborhood (which is technically Leather District resident parking), but they're showing up around 9 and leaving around 6, so I assume they're working in the area. Are motorcycles excluded from this, or just overlooked? Do you guys ever use any of those newer motorcycle meter spots? I think there are some fairly close to my office.

boston sorta sucks for moto parking...they pretty much get treated like cars with the exception of the moto metered spots or off-street parking on a school/business's property

so no...motorcycles not exempt from resident parking

FREE $10 UBER CREDIT W' PROMO CODE --> PON41
    1994 Yamaha YZ250 CA Street Legal 2-smoke :smoke:

Lifer

For your location I would say the closest would be directly across from the emergency room of the Tufts Medical center.. I don't have the address off hand, but it's a bicycle stand for a private building. This is why the meter maids won't ticket you, it's a private property location. Lots of scooters and a few motorcycles would park there including myself. All the other spots have dried up, or people have put up signs specifically stating, no motorized vehicles.

rides bikes

Quote Originally Posted by rice_rocket View Post
    For your location I would say the closest would be directly across from the emergency room of the Tufts Medical center.. I don't have the address off hand, but it's a bicycle stand for a private building. This is why the meter maids won't ticket you, it's a private property location. Lots of scooters and a few motorcycles would park there including myself. All the other spots have dried up, or people have put up signs specifically stating, no motorized vehicles.
    Thanks, I'll look into that!

Lifer

I looked at the parking garage mentioned.. funny thing is that the bike rack is right by the entrance to that underground parking garage

rides bikes

Anybody know how quickly these newer Boylston-area spots fill up? I'm sure this time of year it's fine. Looks like they're a little less than a mile walk from my office, which is pretty far, but it would be nice to ride once in a while, while I figure something better out.
    http://www.cityofboston.gov/images_d...tcm3-33832.pdf

rides bikes

I hate to keep bringing this up, as I'm sure you're all sick of hearing about my parking problems and questions, but I've got one more.

So I got sick of taking the bus and decided to chance it. I've been parking my bike (with out of state plates) at the end of resident and metered parking (adjacent to a hydrant) for a few days now. I'm not really in a spot at all, more so in purgatory where the row of spots ends, but I haven't gotten a ticket yet, even though it's a heavily ticketed area. Last time I lived in Boston they had no problem leaving tickets on bikes, do they still do that, or should I be expecting a stack of tickets in the mail? Is the guy ticketing the neighborhood a rider who is cutting me a break? Can't figure it out, but if I can keep parking where I am parking I will be a happy camper.

If you are in a neighborhood and the locals don't want you there, it is not unheard of for them to remove tickets until you have a stack of them and get towed. That is very unusual for a bike parked in the daytime.

You can go to the BTD website, type in your plate #, and it will tell you if any tickets are outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by nick5446 View Post
    Thanks! I might do that, but I'm more interested in free street parking. I have been seeing guys park in my work's neighborhood (which is technically Leather District resident parking), but they're showing up around 9 and leaving around 6, so I assume they're working in the area. Are motorcycles excluded from this, or just overlooked? Do you guys ever use any of those newer motorcycle meter spots? I think there are some fairly close to my office.
    I parked in the leather district for a while, got few parking tickets, my bike knocked over twice, so come sprint time, not sure if I will be riding in unless I find a better place to park. Best of luck

The problem is that locals find a place BTD leaves alone, then tell their friends from out of town until it gets abused, then BTD starts ticketing, and we have to find another place.

Everybody to the limit!

Any good options around State Street / Pi Alley? Just got a new job in downtown at 294 Washington right next to the old south meeting house, and while I think I'll mostly take public transit, good to know what options exist for motorcycles in the area.

Does this mean you could theoretically have Dim Sum for lunch every day? Then go to Eldo Bakery for a pork bun?

Jealous I am.

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Everybody to the limit!

Haha, not sure where the Eldo Bakery is but I do love me some Cha Siu Bao so I will have to check it out. Shit, maybe I should be thinking about bicycling to work rather than taking the motorcycle, I don't need to get any fatter.

Everybody to the limit!

Anybody with tips on parking motorcycles downtown? I see a lot of bikes parked randomly with covers but wonder if they are just playing the ticket game...

Underneath I93 at the corner of Albany St and E Berkeley St there are a couple of paved lots that aren't fenced in. I've parked there on a bike frequently without any issues, although it isn't authorized.

There are also a couple if pay lots there where you can just get a bike around the gate....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I went to MMI I know what Im doing here chief

rides bikes

Look up Veolia Energy. It's right near South Station. If you're near there, that's the best spot. They have a huge sidewalk that they let people park on. Never had an issue with theft or cops.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

With spring coming in, is motorcycle parking near south station any better? I am planning to commute daily on motorcycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rides bikes

Quote Originally Posted by abhi9cr7 View Post
    With spring coming in, is motorcycle parking near south station any better? I am planning to commute daily on motorcycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I haven't parked there in at least 6 months, but parking by the power plant was super easy and a 60 second walk to South Station. On nice days there are 20+ bikes there.

I got 2 tickets at the Veolia energy building and haven't parked since, it was "parking on sidewalk" =$65 and yes on some days there would be around 15 bikes

rides bikes

Yeah I guess do it at your own risk. I parked there 5 days a week for about 14 months and never got a ticket.

rides bikes

Actually, it's private property, so that seems like BS...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast