Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Mr Clean Auto Wash

Mr Clean Auto Wash

Anybody use this on their scoots.

I have hard water so it would make sense for me if it worked ok

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Glen Beck is John the Baptist

Mr Clean Auto Wash

Your water is hard cause its below freezing. Itll soften up when the weather gets warmer.

Mr Clean Auto Wash

I've used it on my cars but not on my bike. It works pretty good, no water spots.

Mr Clean Auto Wash

I have used it and saw no big difference, still had to use a chamois or similar cloth afterwards....

Mr Clean Auto Wash

Never have, I use Honda Polish

Mr Clean Auto Wash

i have...it's not bad..after awhile the mr. clean noazzle shit the bed on me...I may buy another one...

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBitch View Post
    From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

Lifer

Mr Clean Auto Wash

I need to wash my bike with a flame thrower.

It's all water under the bridge, and we do enter the next round-robin. Am I wrong?

Mr Clean Auto Wash

w-a-s-h?

2021 KTM Duke 890 R
    2016 BMW S1000XR
    1982 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Mr Clean Auto Wash

Clayton is one of the few peeps on this board who can actually spell. However, he does NOT wash his bikes......

LRRS#167

Mr Clean Auto Wash

Oh yeah....Mr. Clean auto wash. I have used it for cars, but not on my bikes. I use a regular mild car soap and a soft sponge and then I use the air nozzle and compressor to give the bitches a good blow dry.

LRRS#167

Lifer

Mr Clean Auto Wash

Mr. Clean doesn't soften water.

It might still do a good job at cleaning your shizzle though.

Really for cleaning a bike all hard/soft water should matter is how much soap you have to use.

Originally posted by dave72370
    Never have, I use Honda Polish
    I second that. I've never used anything but the hOnda polish. As for the sprayer(Mr.Clean) That thing sucked for washing alot of cars when I worked for Avis...Management complained about water spots. that thing had no water pressure. Don't know about how it would be on bikes.

Re: ...

Originally posted by FireFly
    I second that. I've never used anything but the hOnda polish. As for the sprayer(Mr.Clean) That thing sucked for washing alot of cars when I worked for Avis...Management complained about water spots. that thing had no water pressure. Don't know about how it would be on bikes.
    that pro honda stuff works great as long as there is no dust or anything on the bike....if there is you will scratch it....thats where all of those fine little swirly scratches come from....

From my experience, its the natural red heads (aka gingers) that have no soul--- I mean are crazy.

aaaaa

that explains the fine swirlys I got on my rear cowl. whats the best way to eliminate foreign debris before using the polish? Sometimes you can't even see anything on the surface but theres still particles there. Plus alot of cloth brands will spew fibers all over the tank. is water and a shammy the way to go?

Mr Clean Auto Wash

Mr Clean has a water deionizer.

The minerals are removed from the water and trapped on the deionizer resin.

The deionizer has a defined chemical life and will remove only so much then would need to be replaced. A good deionized water is almost like distilled water and has no minerals in it to leave the spots.

I guess my question is really if they say 3 to 4 car washes or 2 van washes before the resin is exhausted does anyone have an idea if we just used it to rinse the bikes how many squirts do you get.

I usually wash- rinse then take her out for an 80 MPH plus run to blow the water out of the fine spaces then a quick chamois wipe for the paint and plastic. But no spots where I couldn't get to would be a good thing

Glen Beck is John the Baptist

Mr Clean Auto Wash

dunno much about the w-a-s-hing, but for drying, a leaf blower works wonders

" Never create what you can't control "

Lifer

Mr Clean Auto Wash

I'm just super-skeptical of the Mr. Clean's ability to soften water.

It flows so much water and it's so tiny, very hard to believe if you've ever seen/had a home water conditioner.

I just turn my bike on when I'm done, it warms up and the heat helps get rid of the water more quickly. That plus a chamois gets the job done quickly.

But my bike has lots of plastic and not a lot of exposed pipe, if you're worried about keeping the pipe perfectly clean you're going to be polishing and maybe you should be asking on a cruiser forum.

Re: aaaaa

that explains the fine swirlys I got on my rear cowl. whats the best way to eliminate foreign debris before using the polish? Sometimes you can't even see anything on the surface but theres still particles there. Plus alot of cloth brands will spew fibers all over the tank. is water and a shammy the way to go?
    Clay bar.

LRRS\CCS\WERA #486

Mr Clean Auto Wash

You really need to get out and ride or something.

I really didn't think I was going that fast, officer

Mr Clean Auto Wash

i faithfull use the mr clean system on my truck and bike. this has been a god send for me. i am a fanatic when it comes to cleaning my vehicles and this has greatly reduced my wash/dry time. i think it works great on both.

my only complaints with it are that the rinse mode on the first gen models (the one i have) doesnt give a lot of water pressure for blasting off dirt (say on the undercarrage of the truck). not a big deal. supposedly the latest models have taken care of this. the second complaint is that the filters dont last very long in my neck of the woods. i have well water that is pretty hard. i usually only get a couple of washes of both the bike and truck before the filter starts loosing its effect. if you want no spots, you really have to remove all the rinse water with the "dry" water before it drys. but its a hell of a lot easier to make something wet than it is to make it dry(even with an air compressor/leaf blower).

but overall ill gladly pay the $$ for a filter than have to chamois my bike and truck twice each in the summer.

Re: aaaaa

california car washer then pro-honda

you will need a fine rubbing compound to ge the scrathes out....maybe try one of the 3 step waxes...the clay bar will only clean the bumps out of your paint...