Welcome to NESR! Most features of this site require registration, including replying to threads, sending private messages, starting new threads, and uploading files. Click here to register.

Cool Stuff at Helmet Harbor

Question Cool Stuff at Helmet Harbor

Has anyone used this stuff before.
    http://www.helmetharbor.com/streetcl...ff/opening.htm
    Sounds like it would be great, especially for riding into work in the summer without being drenched in sweat when I get there. Thanks in advance for any info.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

i got one of the cool stuff shirts two years ago. it helps but doesn't work as well as they say.

Lifer

Yah it's awesome stuff for exercise and all-day riding but you don't want to wear it to work as you will smell a little more.

I have a bunch of it. Most of my bicycle clothes are made of this or a similar fabric, I wear them under my motorcycle clothes sometimes.

For that price you'd get your money's worth if you went skiing/snowboarding a couple times and wore it though, it makes a huge difference for skiing and snowboarding as it wicks the sweat off your skin on the way down the mountain and then when you get back on the lift you feel much warmer.

Ben

Thanks oreo_n2 and benSV. Have you found a good way to stay cool and protected:?:
    I'd like to ride to work this summer but I'm in retail so I can't stink when I get to work or I'll scare off all the customers.

Lifer

Ride in as little clothes under your protective gear as possible, and change when you get to work.

My last job everyone wore shorts all summer, so I could get away with just wearing a T-shirt and shorts under my Joe Rocket stuff, and then wash my face and hands when I got to work, and maybe change shirts.

Not sure what I'll do this summer.

Ben